Why Is It So Hard To Wrap Up And Tackle?

the_sheff

Do we have someone teaching the shoulder ram technique because that's all our players want to do. Next Sunday we will see a team that knows how to tackle correctly.

Seattle made many plays a lot worse than they should have been simply because we were trying to shoulder ram instead of tackle.

Do we have someone teaching the shoulder ram technique because that's all our players want to do. Next Sunday we will see a team that knows how to tackle correctly.

Seattle made many plays a lot worse than they should have been simply because we were trying to shoulder ram instead of tackle.

Agree 100%

I believe it was Nicholas on one of their RBs that shoulder rammed him and the RB ran an extra 10-15 yards.

Dunta (i think) rammed Rice (?) for the goal line on one pass.

Idk who rammed Leon Washington on a punt.

All of these shoulder rams did nothing.

The players don't want to tackle. Apparently the coaches can't persuade them to go against their tendency to just half-azz this crucial aspect of playing football. If they played for Vince Lombardi, they would already be involuntarily retired. I don't think this bunch will ever change.

You might have something there. I heard MJD say on the radio that it's a "WANT TO" in order to tackle. We got guys that want to make the big hit and create turnovers. I like that but some of them don't like to wrap up.

I was going to post this, so thanks for getting there first. Seattle had to have gotten 100 yards after our guys contacted them without wrapping up and making the tackle. That, more than Seattle's comeback, is what left a sour taste in my mouth. That and the fact that Seattle kept finding the open area in our zone. Way too much space in the defensive backfield in that second half.

Don't know, but I've been complaining about that all season. We've been an awful tackling team.