Wtf Nolan

Scorpion

I was very impressed what he did the first half. However i was very dissapointed at the second half and how we did not change our plan at all when they started throwing those intermediate passes.

If we are gonna win a sb we have to learn to adapt man and we definitely did not do that in the second half. Despite the fact that we were 20-0 and they were going to throw the ball we still playe the game like they are going to run it with Lynch and i honestly think that is what got us in the mess we were.

What do you guys think

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the game again right now. Totally agree with you. Miller was allowed to release off the line with no jam from DE or LB

Something else is catching my eye. Kroy was content with locking arms with whoever was blocking him and not trying to shed his blocks. Very weak performance.

And lastly where was the blitz?? Early in the game the extra pressure had Wilson off his game and then what do we do we play zone with no pressure which was painful to watch as they scored easily

We had to sit in zone because Russell was going to run. We essentially told him to beat us and he almost did. It wasn't a bad idea. That's what you do to running QBs, make them drive the field. We did that to Vick and RG3. It works most of the times. Wilson is just a good QB, give him his credit.

Guys I'm watching the game in slo mo and I'm not seeing the blitzes your referring to that we got burned on. Also when they can put points on the board in less than a minute and a half it's time to adjust.

Miller ran off the line free everytime and Wilson had all day to throw. You guys are wrong SOMETHING needed to be changed and it wasnt

Guys I'm watching the game in slo mo and I'm not seeing the blitzes your referring to that we got burned on. Also when they can put points on the board in less than a minute and a half it's time to adjust.

Miller ran off the line free everytime and Wilson had all day to throw. You guys are wrong SOMETHING needed to be changed and it wasnt

To ask your defense to repeadly go out after (3) consecutive 3 and outs was putting way too much pressure on them...be happy that we won. It's not the defense's fault.

I think we seriously underestimated Wilson's passing ability. We came out of the half stopping the run, and let him quick strike attack us. We should've adjusted. A few big runs take more time off the clock than a few quick 20 yard passes.

It was the worst halftime adjustment I've seen since Nolan's arrival.

I'm elated that we won the game, I just hope the coaching staff isn't patting themselves on the back too much. When a team is down by 20, they have to pass. We should've treated Wilson like he was Rodgers, and the game never wouldve gotten that close.

Thank You Dome Fans for not Booooooing, after giving up all those points in the second half

Oh I wanted to, but I stood up and screamed while the defense was on the field, only to see them give up the play anyway, then do it again the next play. Thank God for Matt Ryan, HD, Tony and Bryant

You can't adjust until you know what to adjust for. This is what seems to be escaping some of you.

The scheme worked perfectly in the first half, so obviously you don't switch it up at halftime. You see how they respond.

We took away the running game, so they went to the only thing they could... Miller. Had we put someone on Miller, it would've opened up the middle of the field for Wilson to run 10=20 yards at a time... just like what happened to the Skins last week & what happened to GB against the 49ers.

The only way to victory was to make russell wilson beat us with his arm instead of skittles and him running down our throats. It was definitely bend dont break. IF we had a semi decent pass rush, then he would have been sacked multiple times. Heck if Abe was in there, then he would have been sacked easily 4-5 times.

I think we seriously underestimated Wilson's passing ability. We came out of the half stopping the run, and let him quick strike attack us. We should've adjusted. A few big runs take more time off the clock than a few quick 20 yard passes.

It was the worst halftime adjustment I've seen since Nolan's arrival.

I'm elated that we won the game, I just hope the coaching staff isn't patting themselves on the back too much. When a team is down by 20, they have to pass. We should've treated Wilson like he was Rodgers, and the game never wouldve gotten that close.

Exactly what i thought

And for the poster above we did blitz one time that i know for sure in the last drive 4th QT where Wilson got away from spoon and lobbed the ball to Lynch and we got burned for like 30 yards and lynch got to our 4 yard line.

You can't adjust until you know what to adjust for. This is what seems to be escaping some of you.

The scheme worked perfectly in the first half, so obviously you don't switch it up at halftime. You see how they respond.

We took away the running game, so they went to the only thing they could... Miller. Had we put someone on Miller, it would've opened up the middle of the field for Wilson to run 10=20 yards at a time... just like what happened to the Skins last week & what happened to GB against the 49ers.

COM ONE MANNN

You clearly havent watched enough football. A team goes down 20 points in the game they will be abandoining their rushing attack ... Its common sense in all football i have seen. However we were still in the mode that they were going to rush.

We had to sit in zone because Russell was going to run. We essentially told him to beat us and he almost did. It wasn't a bad idea. That's what you do to running QBs, make them drive the field. We did that to Vick and RG3. It works most of the times. Wilson is just a good QB, give him his credit.

People don't get it I have tried.

Then my friends Collin K is just a "hybrid" version of Wilson.....taller, stronger & much faster in run.

Are you suggesting Nolan must replicate the same defensive game plan with or without Abe vs Whiners?

Then my friends Collin K is just a "hybrid" version of Wilson.....taller, stronger & much faster in run.

Are you suggesting Nolan must replicate the same defensive game plan with or without Abe vs Whiners?

What does Kap being faster have to do with anything? I keep seeing this, but Wilson tore us up with his arm, not his legs.

The game plan was obviously the entire D line was in contain to keep Wilson in the pocket to not run or throw outside the pocket. This kept the DBs covering to long and got tired. It caused WRs to get open and the LBs stayed close to help with the run that's why the middle of the field was open.

COM ONE MANNN

You clearly havent watched enough football. A team goes down 20 points in the game they will be abandoining their rushing attack ... Its common sense in all football i have seen. However we were still in the mode that they were going to rush.

No. We were in the mode that Wilson may run if we gave him room. Sure they weren't going to try to force Lynch any more at that point, but you can bet your azz that if Wilson saw a 7 yard pass to the TE vs. a wide open field where he knows he can easily get 15-20 yards, he would run it every time. Use your head for a sec... if you can only defend 1 of the following 2 threats, which would it be:

A. A QB who can easily scramble for 10+ yards a carry if you give him space.

or

B. A TE who may very well pick up a lot of yards, but he actually could drop some passes, too & probably isn't going to out run anyone.

Wilson running was a bigger threat than Miller catching & they schemed accordingly.

What does Kap being faster have to do with anything? I keep seeing this, but Wilson tore us up with his arm, not his legs.

The game plan was obviously the entire D line was in contain to keep Wilson in the pocket to not run or throw outside the pocket. This kept the DBs covering to long and got tired. It caused WRs to get open and the LBs stayed close to help with the run that's why the middle of the field was open.

my question = if you are NOLAN will you replicate the same defensive game plan vs 49ers?