Smith.. Nolan.. Who Was Covering Te Miller And Who Will Cover Te V.davis?

xFalconLord

Please get your head out of your @ss on this one.

I have a suggestion. It should be a requirement for the defensive players to talk on EVERY defensive snap and identify who will be covering the TE.

Even if its zone, I want people to call out who is getting the TE on the cross, seem and out route.

Obviously San Fran will attempt to exploit our nightmare with the TE.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone has to be the spy when you face a running QB. It is usually a fast, athletic LB or a safety. Thus, you have to take your chances letting a TE get behind you once in a while. Why do you think Crumpler was always so open when we had Vick?

Spies do absolutely nothing. Vick had his best games for us when we faced teams who used a spy. That just took one more person out of pass coverage and the spy was never fast enough to tackle Vick when he decided to run.

We used a spy on Cam and he ate it alive. He was running around in our secondary untouched.

Please get your head out of your @ss on this one.

I have a suggestion. It should be a requirement for the defensive players to talk on EVERY defensive snap and identify who will be covering the TE.

Even if its zone, I want people to call out who is getting the TE on the cross, seem and out route.

Obviously San Fran will attempt to exploit our nightmare with the TE.

This was pissing me off all game. The LBs were stepping up and playing run. Once they recognized (and it was usually slow in coming) that it was a pass they turned and tried to locate Miller who was 10 yards behind them. Maybe it was Moore's responsibility, he's had about 5 weeks off so maybe there way some rust there, but one of the LBs (usually Dent or Nicholas it looked like) should have been getting a hand on Miller as he released, if for nothing else to slow him down a step and maybe disrupt the timing (although rarely were those timing throws, he was just wide open).

I think we will scheme a little differently for SF. We will put a little more focus on Davis. I think this week was don't let Lynch or Wilson beat us with the run and if he's going to throw, make him beat us throwing to the middle of the field to the TE.

Spies do absolutely nothing. Vick had his best games for us when we faced teams who used a spy. That just took one more person out of pass coverage and the spy was never fast enough to tackle Vick when he decided to run.

We used a spy on Cam and he ate it alive. He was running around in our secondary untouched.

I agree. I'm just pointing out that seems to have been what was happening today.

We face a similar QB next week, and you can bet Nolan isn't going to come out with the exact same thing.

We kept a spy on WIlson all game(really 2 or 3). That was one less defender in the zone. Golden Tate and Sidney Rice were contained most of the game(d@m near shut down). Somebody had to be left open. That was the TE this game.

Shut down Lynch, Rice and Tate

Contain Wilson

Let the least explosive player on the team have a good game.

If you ask me, that's pretty d@m good coaching.

I disagree

if you watched the game, you should realize that there were many plays where Wilson wanted to run and the spy made him change his mind and throw the ball away. The spy was actually very effective this game.

Edited by Numbaz

We kept a spy on WIlson all game(really 2 or 3). That was one less defender in the zone. Golden Tate and Sidney Rice were contained most of the game(d@m near shut down). Somebody had to be left open. That was the TE this game.

Shut down Lynch, Rice and Tate

Contain Wilson

Let the least explosive player on the team have a good game.

If you ask me, that's pretty d@m good coaching.

That's is a good game, however, you have to adjust & not give up he go ahead score after having a big lead.

That's is a good game, however, you have to adjust & not give up he go ahead score after having a big lead.

Lets be realistic here though fellow Falcons' fan. The offense only produced 10 points in the entire second half. Coach Nolan did his job by shutting down the Seahawks in the 1st half. Matt Ryan's turnover and turnovers on downs led to Seattle having extremely too many possessions in the 2nd half. Eventually any playoff caliber team will figure it out.

A lot of people on our board were saying last week that if we had a 14-0 lead after the 1st quarter (like the Redskins had) there would be no way the Seahawks could recover... well we had a 20-0 lead at halftime and they actually took the lead from us.

After our big lead, the only way they could come back was by throwing the ball but for some reason we had like 8 in the box and concentrated on preventing Wilson / Lynch from running which gave open daylight to their receivers (especially Miller). The tackling was poor as well. They will make adjustments and pay close attention to the Seahawks / 49ers and Rams / 49ers footage. Those two teams had the 49ers offense struggling the entire game.

I find it hard to believe that the exotic, ameoba defense wouldnt have helped us get some more pressure. Bring 5 guys but bring them out of a crazy defensive look. We were so obvious in our coverage.. All Wilson had to do was sit there for 5-7 seconds and let people break open, or just hit the wide open TE.

Someone show me some production from DE and then maybe the scheme we used today would have looked better.

Even on obvious pass rush situations Wilson for the most part had all day to throw.

Any pressure that was coming was coming up the middle.

Next week the DE's will have to play a contain on the edge and I hope we send A Gap blitz's next week to disrupt Kaepernick.