Thoughts On Today And Article You Should Read

Nice win brothers and sisters. I don't post much but, well, after a win like that I feel I have to put my 2 cents in. First of, check out the amazing article on the history of the falcons told by a falcons fan in the last few pages of this months Sports Illustrated. It explains the life of being a falcons fan so well lol. Anyways to my thoughts on the game:

1. I was irate that Cliff Matthews stayed in the game to replace Abe, he got stonewalled every play and made no impact. I was screaming at Mike Smith to replace him with Massaquoi and they finally did in the last few plays and Massaquoi looked significantly better. We need Abe back.

2. We are a clutch team, thats how we have done it all year. It'll be heart wrenching, but im so thankful to get a playoff win. First one in 8 years. Be proud.

3. That pass to HD83 to start the last drive was the exact same route Michael Jenkins ran in Chicago in 2008. Scary.

4. Give alot of props to Michael Turner, Jacquizz, and Snelling. We needed that balance and we got it.

5. Mike Nolan did a great job of stopping Seattles run game, but we need more pressure. Wilson had light years back there to find someone.

6. I fired Mike Smith today lol. When the meltdown happened, had we lost, i was already thinking of candidates to replace him. Its his responsibility as the head coach to make sure we don't blow a 20 point lead. Smittyball drives me INSANE lol.

7. Keep in mine Kaepernick is virtually another rookie coming to town next week, and he is capable, but we need to build an early lead early and this time NOT PLAY SMITTYBALL in the second half and we will do ok.

8. Finally, i said before the season started i would be happy if we won a playoff game. We did, so regardless of the outcome of next week, i feel this was another step in the right direction.

RISE UP!

Nice win brothers and sisters. I don't post much but, well, after a win like that I feel I have to put my 2 cents in. First of, check out the amazing article on the history of the falcons told by a falcons fan in the last few pages of this months Sports Illustrated. It explains the life of being a falcons fan so well lol. Anyways to my thoughts on the game:

1. I was irate that Cliff Matthews stayed in the game to replace Abe, he got stonewalled every play and made no impact. I was screaming at Mike Smith to replace him with Massaquoi and they finally did in the last few plays and Massaquoi looked significantly better. We need Abe back.

5. Mike Nolan did a great job of stopping Seattles run game, but we need more pressure. Wilson had light years back there to find someone.

7. Keep in mine Kaepernick is virtually another rookie coming to town next week, and he is capable, but we need to build an early lead early and this time NOT PLAY SMITTYBALL in the second half and we will do ok.

RISE UP!

re: to #1 & #5....So riddle me this...am I the only person who feels like the D-Line mush rushed the entire game? Like guys were getting stonewalled, but at the same time, it didn't appear that anyone was really trying to GET to Wilson....like the goal was to contain him mostly. Problem came when he scrambled for so long and the guys continued to mush to contain him, the lanes opened up. What we can be happy about is the fact that we committed to cover down field and it was very few times wen Wilson was able to truly take his drop and through....there is no real defense to sandlot ball. Conversely, sandlot football is not really a sustainable...for drives or the duration of the game.

re: to #7..... Good thing is we essentially can "recycle" this game plan to some extent, defensively. And getting exploited by Zach Miller may be a good think, knowing we got the victory, because whatever the Seahawks saw that let them kknow that they could milk their tight end and generally exploit our defense on intermediate routes can be rectified going in facing Davis. Take away just half the scrambles RW had and the yards of them and game nevers gets clse. RW is a **** of a player