Ms Reportedly Unhappy With Refs.

falcons007

Hope the refs do better next week. I couldn't believe there was no PI call when Sherman just cut off RW with contact.

John Manasso@jmanasso

Smitty never says anything about officiating but on Ryan's 2 INT, he raised his eyebrows & used passive voice to see feet got "tangled up."

John Manasso@jmanasso

I asked Roddy White, the intended receiver, about it. He said that Sherman stepped into his path to ball, creating contact. #falcons

Expand

Edited by falcons007

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How? The DB who stepped in front of him wasn't making a play on the ball. It was Thomas, the safety, who did. You can't interfere with a receivers path to the ball, which is exactly what happened.

No, He cut off RW before the ball was intercepted, infact 10 yards before any where the ball was thrown. Every one has right for the ball but DB can't just run and create contact well before they get to the ball.

Edited by falcons007

No, He cut off RW before the ball was intercepted, infact 10 yards before any where the ball was thrown. Every one has right for the ball but DB can't just run and create contact well before they get to the ball.

Do what? I am agreeing with you, and you're parroting pretty much what I just said.

I was thinking the same thing, why wasn't there a flag on that play? The corner was beat by a half step, used his arm to slow Roddy, got in front of him and then just started pumping the breaks. I don't think that would've been a catch, but if Roddy got his hands on it, then there's no interception.

I'm not sure which play Smith/you guys are referring to but I remember 1 INT that definately could/should have been a flag

If I recall correctly the pass was to White, who was on Ryan's left. Ryan probably shouldn't have thrown the ball as it was basically double coverage, unless he was trying to draw a flag which I doubt.

The player covering White (who from the replay I thought was Trufant) basically had no idea where the ball was, never saw it or made any attempt to play it. He saw the safety Thomas coming in so basically cut off White and stopped him from running his route and getting the ball.

My understanding is if a CB never attempts to look for the ball and instead tries to cut off and block the receiver from running his route down the field it should be a flag.

I'm not sure which play Smith/you guys are referring to but I remember 1 INT that definately could/should have been a flag

If I recall correctly the pass was to White, who was on Ryan's left. Ryan probably shouldn't have thrown the ball as it was basically double coverage, unless he was trying to draw a flag which I doubt.

The player covering White (who from the replay I thought was Trufant) basically had no idea where the ball was, never saw it or made any attempt to play it. He saw the safety Thomas coming in so basically cut off White and stopped him from running his route and getting the ball.

My understanding is if a CB never attempts to look for the ball and instead tries to cut off and block the receiver from running his route down the field it should be a flag.

The second interception was very the CB cut off RW.

C'mon, you guys. It's football. You get some calls, you give some calls. Your team kept a few drives alive when OPI was not called. No complaints here, it was a fairly evenly called game. Both of those passes were ill-advised & Matt better learn from that instead of blaming the officials.

Go Falcons!!

C'mon, you guys. It's football. You get some calls, you give some calls. Your team kept a few drives alive when OPI was not called. No complaints here, it was a fairly evenly called game. Both of those passes were ill-advised & Matt better learn from that instead of blaming the officials.

Go Falcons!!

Ironic that Seahawks fan saying it happens. I wonder if the Interception should have been ruuled TD or does it just happen for Golden Tait.

Go Falcons!!

Ill-advised, but the ref has to honor his duty to call that penalty. I'm not complaining either, but it was a penalty that you need to call. If that's the case, we should have just held up the WRs at the line all game.

The first int was an obvious timing route that Matt threw without looking. That is our bread and butter btw. Gonzo stopped in the middle and was meant to keep going. The second one was just a bad move.

Matt did a good job imo.

We won a squeaker that should of never happened the way it did. If I were to blame anyone or part of the team its the defense. They simply didnt show up in the 2nd half. The sideline chick even said the team walked into the locker room with a "wow" comment. That just makes me feel they got complacent. This team sometimes needs a wake up call and I think this did it.

Kaepumperdink is going down.

The first int was an obvious timing route that Matt threw without looking. That is our bread and butter btw. Gonzo stopped in the middle and was meant to keep going. The second one was just a bad move.

Matt did a good job imo.

We won a squeaker that should of never happened the way it did. If I were to blame anyone or part of the team its the defense. They simply didnt show up in the 2nd half. The sideline chick even said the team walked into the locker room with a "wow" comment. That just makes me feel they got complacent. This team sometimes needs a wake up call and I think this did it.

Kaepumperdink is going down.

They will be more focussed now and it gives an opportunity for Nolan to tweak his game plan against another run qb.

Hope the refs do better next week. I couldn't believe there was no PI call when Sherman just cut off RW with contact.

John Manasso@jmanasso

Smitty never says anything about officiating but on Ryan's 2 INT, he raised his eyebrows & used passive voice to see feet got "tangled up."

John Manasso@jmanasso

I asked Roddy White, the intended receiver, about it. He said that Sherman stepped into his path to ball, creating contact. #falcons

Expand

I'm pretty sure during Seahawks final drive there was a delay of game but the Refs didn't call it.

Jeez. Tough crowd. @ least hear the point. You'll have a different officiating crew next week - never know how tight they will call it. If its tight, it's usually tight both ways and your OPIs get called too. Matt needn't throw ducks like that next week.

Go Falcons