What's Your Story?

I decided to watch the game at a local bar today. I currently live in South Florida, so the lack of Falcon fans isn't something new. I first went to one bar (no one was there, well probably like three, in a place that can hold at least 100 people comfortably) and they told my I had to move to a side seat, since I was by myself and that was part of their policy. In short, I left.

Got to another sports bar and quickly settled in (they had the game on a projector which was much larger than any of the TVs in the previous bar, so I guess things happen for a reason). I was next to some Denver fans who expressed their disappointment at the 'famed' Peyton interception. They soon started to cheer for the Falcons on the down low (but I knew deeply they wanted them to lose).

I am very vocal and animated when I watch football games, both in public and private, so it was soon revealed to everyone at the bar which team I was rooting for, in case anyone didn't read my t-shirt. After going up big, many were saying that I shouldn't be getting mad when we didn't get any points on the board, and that the game was over, but I simply ignored, because there was still a lot of time on the clock.

More people started to trail in as the pats game was about to start, and by that time Seattle was back in the game. Be it known, that during the whole game, you'd swear there were no other Seahawk fan in the building, but as soon they got the go-ahead TD, the WHOLE BAR went in uproar. I mean loud clapping and cheering; people patting me on my back saying stuff like, "Good game" "Game's over" etc and all that junk. I stood for my boys and they delivered, and triumphantly said to everyone at the bar, "You guys can be quiet now."

BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD!!!! RISE UP!!!!cool.png

So what's your story?

P.S. I currently am recovering from a serious headache, voice loss, and a tense feeling I can't get rid off sad.png

I watched the first half with genuine pride and heartfelt joy. But, during half-time I began to wonder if the Falcons would go into their all-too-familiar shell, lose their aggressiveness and let the Seahawks right back into the game. Well as you know the Seahawks got the ball to start the second half and marched right down the field virtually unmolested and scored their first TD. I then knew even if we did hold on to win, it was going to be a nail-biter and the second half was going to be all Seahawks. We did score that one TD to answer theirs, but that was pretty much all she wrote. Meanwhile our defense looked about as pathetic as it has looked in the Smith era. Nolan had no magic, there were no adjustments in the second half. Then when the Seahawks took the lead, I figured it was over. I wasn't disappointed, because we had given them every opportunity to come back and beat us. We deserved to lose. Ryan managed to complete a couple of passes to get Bryant a shot at a winning field goal and he was able to get the job done. But after watching Ryan throw two INT's and the defense just completely collapse, it was a pretty hollow, meaningless victory. No way this Falcon team can play on a par with the 49ers. The embarrassing second-half meltdown took all the fun out of making it to the NFCCG. Really don't want to even watch the game next Sunday afternoon because I have seen enough Falcon embarrassments, beat-downs and blow-outs to last me for awhile. After this game, I don't see even a ghost of a chance this team can compete.

It really would've been. I think that's why I feel like this now. It was soooo close to a loss, that I think I'm stuck in between the feelings of a loss and a win...so confused ph34r.png

Same here. Very appreciative of the win, but not really ready to celebrate it.

Perhaps another beer ...

Sec 316 for the first time all season- STH from Sec 133, but sat up there b/c my fiancee was attending her first game and we wanted to sit together. And btw, we were in Row 13 (knew that # would be magic for us).

When Lynch caught the ball and got all the way down to the goal on 3rd and 5, i was soooo pizzed b/c the playclock had clearly run out before the snap (2nd time SEA had benefited from such a no-call). With 31 seconds left, i said to the guy in front of me, "better to let 'em score immediatley, we'll have 2 TOs and 25 seconds and only need a FG. My fiancee was distraught, and i told her, "stay positive, the Falcons have done this all season at home (play close games, make late game heroics happen).

The catch by HD was the key. Got it to midfield and still had 18 seconds and a TO. I actually felt pretty confident then. The pass to Gonzo was money all day, and a smart play call considering SEA had to be guarding the sidelines expecting the Falcons to try to get out of bounds. When Bryant was lining up to kick, all i could think (over and over) was "Please, this time let the Falcons be the team, please."

When the kick sailed through (would've been good from 55 easy), everyone erupted, hugging, grinning, and crying at the same time. For the first time in Falcons history, the NFCCG will be played in Atlanta.

Sec 316 for the first time all season- STH from Sec 133, but sat up there b/c my fiancee was attending her first game and we wanted to sit together. And btw, we were in Row 13 (knew that # would be magic for us).

When Lynch caught the ball and got all the way down to the goal on 3rd and 5, i was soooo pizzed b/c the playclock had clearly run out before the snap (2nd time SEA had benefited from such a no-call). With 31 seconds left, i said to the guy in front of me, "better to let 'em score immediatley, we'll have 2 TOs and 25 seconds and only need a FG. My fiancee was distraught, and i told her, "stay positive, the Falcons have done this all season at home (play close games, make late game heroics happen).

The catch by HD was the key. Got it to midfield and still had 18 seconds and a TO. I actually felt pretty confident then. The pass to Gonzo was money all day, and a smart play call considering SEA had to be guarding the sidelines expecting the Falcons to try to get out of bounds. When Bryant was lining up to kick, all i could think (over and over) was "Please, this time let the Falcons be the team, please."

When the kick sailed through (would've been good from 55 easy), everyone erupted, hugging, grinning, and crying at the same time. For the first time in Falcons history, the NFCCG will be played in Atlanta.

Hammer of the gods ....

I watched the first half with genuine pride and heartfelt joy. But, during half-time I began to wonder if the Falcons would go into their all-too-familiar shell, lose their aggressiveness and let the Seahawks right back into the game. Well as you know the Seahawks got the ball to start the second half and marched right down the field virtually unmolested and scored their first TD. I then knew even if we did hold on to win, it was going to be a nail-biter and the second half was going to be all Seahawks. We did score that one TD to answer theirs, but that was pretty much all she wrote. Meanwhile our defense looked about as pathetic as it has looked in the Smith era. Nolan had no magic, there were no adjustments in the second half. Then when the Seahawks took the lead, I figured it was over. I wasn't disappointed, because we had given them every opportunity to come back and beat us. We deserved to lose. Ryan managed to complete a couple of passes to get Bryant a shot at a winning field goal and he was able to get the job done. But after watching Ryan throw two INT's and the defense just completely collapse, it was a pretty hollow, meaningless victory. No way this Falcon team can play on a par with the 49ers. The embarrassing second-half meltdown took all the fun out of making it to the NFCCG. Really don't want to even watch the game next Sunday afternoon because I have seen enough Falcon embarrassments, beat-downs and blow-outs to last me for awhile. After this game, I don't see even a ghost of a chance this team can compete.

old-man.jpg

It's safe to say everyone was shook up, but as one poster mentioned, we've seen this story written before, and we know too well that our game isn't over, until the ref blew the final whistle. Not many teams has that 'luxury' of winning football games like that, but it seems like we love playing to the wire. We tried to stay aggressive, and not run the ball, but the run was working. But then again, Seattle was expecting the run, so hence we passed. I am very excited with the win, and I KNOW we will be victorious next week. RISE UP!

Ohh it was Great for me today. I live in California near San Francisco. I went to a local bar with a friend (seahawks fan but we've been good friends forever) well we were the only people there until half time. Then the niner fans started coming in and started to cheer for the seahawks because they wanted to go to the game next week. When the Seahawks scored the go head TD everyone was cheering but I said "there is still 31 secs, obviously you guys never seen a falcons game". so then after we made the FG it got silent in the bar and I got up cheered and said "see you in Atlanta Niners!!!!" ahh good times

oooh it's even worse when I go to the games when we play in San Francisco, It's not like Atlanta where everyone is nice. No you wear a falcon jersey people try to talk ****. So i rely on our team to score and get on top and I talk sooooooo much crap..

But yeah thats my story.. Had a good time today :) good game :)

I hate to agree, but this is about right.

Ths game didn't get a monkey off our back, it affirmed everything that is wrong with this team. We have a gutless coach who is too soft to put teams away and whose is one of the worst game managers in the NFL.

We got away with it today, because thankfully we gave a clutch QB and kicker who worked a miracle to overcome the bad coaching, but we can't win a SB that way. I hope I'm wrong, but I have zero confidence in Smith and a very bad feeling about next week.

Ohh it was Great for me today. I live in California near San Francisco. I went to a local bar with a friend (seahawks fan but we've been good friends forever) well we were the only people there until half time. Then the niner fans started coming in and started to cheer for the seahawks because they wanted to go to the game next week. When the Seahawks scored the go head TD everyone was cheering but I said "there is still 31 secs, obviously you guys never seen a falcons game". so then after we made the FG it got silent in the bar and I got up cheered and said "see you in Atlanta Niners!!!!" ahh good times

oooh it's even worse when I go to the games when we play in San Francisco, It's not like Atlanta where everyone is nice. No you wear a falcon jersey people try to talk ****. So i rely on our team to score and get on top and I talk sooooooo much crap..

But yeah thats my story.. Had a good time today smile.png good game smile.png

You sounded like you were in my shoes today. That feeling at the end when everyone got quiet has to be one of THE most memorable events I've had in a while. I really really couldn't handle a loss today.

It really would've been. I think that's why I feel like this now. It was soooo close to a loss, that I think I'm stuck in between the feelings of a loss and a win...so confused ph34r.png

I told myself, If we lose I am giving up watching Football after 51 years.

The little voice in my haid kept saying it aint over until its over.

I am now emotionally spent.

To see us play the way we are capable of playing and then see the same

old Falcons, to the Ryan Express really took a lot out of me.

I also know that if Nolan will deploy the QB Spy vs Kapernek, we will beat San Fran.

But first and foremost, we have to stop shooting our selfs in the foot.