G-Dawg Prediction Scorecard: Said Falcons Would Have To Score 27+ To Win, Falcons Would Win But Would Not Be Able To Stop Seattle

g-dawg

check

check

check

I nailed it. Ridiculed by many of you saying Falcons defense would hold Seahawks down to much below 27.

I also said Abe was hurt - i was wrong about him playing - but right about the injury. Mike Smith hurt this team by playing Abe in that Tampa game - and it almost cost us in this game. We could not get enough pressure on Russell Wilson without Abe.

Not trying to be a know-it-all - but I was dead-on about this game. Of course I did not think we would give up ZERO in 1st half and 28 in 2nd half - no one thought that.

Our defense is bad though - the bend-but don't break did not work - against a good team with a running QB. Next week's match-up is even tougher as Kaepernick is better runner and better passer with better weapons.

I was wrong about the running game though - it was fabulous. Michael Turner got in the time machine and ran like it was 2010. Good for him.

Matt was his usual - let's opposing team back in game, then erases his mistake and takes them out at the end. Typical Falcons win. - only this time it was a playoff game!!!! :D

G-Dawg you questioned me when I said Turner would break out earlier this week. While he missed getting 100 yds by 2.

For your post you did hit it. Props

yeah i was wrong about that one. that was bizarre how good Turner was - it just makes me think even worse of Turner because I thought he was done much earlier in the season- just goes to show you he has not been giving his best effort. same for the O-Line.

props to Turner

props to Konz

props to McClure

all three have been horrible all season and they were all very good today.

The amount of times you have been wrong about the oline cancels out this prediction.

I have not been wrong about the o-line all season. I never said the o-line would be bad today - i said Konz/McClure were key and they have been bad - did not predict they would be bad in this game. and they weren't bad - they were brilliant.

i thought Turner would be his usual horrible self - he was great - WRONG about that one no doubt.

Who puts out a thread about how much they were right after this type of win? Get a grip. Next time you're wrong about something then please put out a thread. Lets be consistent at least

when I'm wrong people like you bump the threads for me......so I don't have to worry about that.

My thing is all week we heard we had to stop Lynch. Well we did he got like 49 yards on 16 carries. We stopped the run and forced them to pass. We didn't think Wilson would be able to beat us through the air. But he almost did. I think they didn't "attack" because they were afraid Wilson would take off and run. Next week they need to just go all out. Stop the run and go after Koepernick or however you spell his name

My thing is all week we heard we had to stop Lynch. Well we did he got like 49 yards on 16 carries. We stopped the run and forced them to pass. We didn't think Wilson would be able to beat us through the air. But he almost did. I think they didn't "attack" because they were afraid Wilson would take off and run. Next week they need to just go all out. Stop the run and go after Koepernick or however you spell his name

even though Falcons are #1 seed and at home - i hope we play much looser in this game. Nobody expects Falcons to beat Niners - at least media wise - and the playoff monkey if off our backs. Falcons just need to be super-aggressive - it will be very difficult on both sides of the ball - just go for it!

I have not been wrong about the o-line all season. I never said the o-line would be bad today - i said Konz/McClure were key and they have been bad - did not predict they would be bad in this game. and they weren't bad - they were brilliant.

i thought Turner would be his usual horrible self - he was great - WRONG about that one no doubt.

do you REALLY want me to pull up what you were saying before the Giants game??

do you REALLY want me to pull up what you were saying before the Giants game??

I did not say i had no wrong predictions the whole year - clearly wrong about Giants game. I'm not right about everything - no one is. The O-Line has been bad all year - but has had spurts of playing good - today the O-Line was good ALL DAY.

I've been wrong about a lot. I wanted Mario Williams too. I'm not standing here saying I'm always right - i'm not.

But i was dead-on this week. next week will be similiar. Falcons are going to have to play close to perfect on offense because the defense is going to struggle again - especially with a wounded Abe.

Did you learn nothing from the Green Bay game? They blitzed Kaepernick and he made them pay every time. Besides that, I didn't expect Wilson to perform so well when the game was essentially placed in his hands. He single-handedly accounted for almost all of that team's offense, running and throwing.

Hey Dawg the o-line and the run game were the keys to victory today I was actually gutted we went away from Turner in the beginning of the 2nd half and in those stalled drives.

yeah, you were right on running game and Turner today, kiwi. I was wrong there.

check

check

check

I nailed it. Ridiculed by many of you saying Falcons defense would hold Seahawks down to much below 27.

I also said Abe was hurt - i was wrong about him playing - but right about the injury. Mike Smith hurt this team by playing Abe in that Tampa game - and it almost cost us in this game. We could not get enough pressure on Russell Wilson without Abe.

Not trying to be a know-it-all - but I was dead-on about this game. Of course I did not think we would give up ZERO in 1st half and 28 in 2nd half - no one thought that.

Our defense is bad though - the bend-but don't break did not work - against a good team with a running QB. Next week's match-up is even tougher as Kaepernick is better runner and better passer with better weapons.

I was wrong about the running game though - it was fabulous. Michael Turner got in the time machine and ran like it was 2010. Good for him.

Matt was his usual - let's opposing team back in game, then erases his mistake and takes them out at the end. Typical Falcons win. - only this time it was a playoff game!!!! :D

Okay Karnac, Nostradamus,...

What will the stock market do this week?

Better yet what are Power Ball numbers for next drawing?

check

check

check

Matt was his usual - let's opposing team back in game, then erases his mistake and takes them out at the end. Typical Falcons win. - only this time it was a playoff game!!!! biggrin.png

I would blame that more on smitty, honestly. We had a couple of chances to make it a two score game again down the stretch and had some horrible, conservative play calling stall our drives. To me mike smith's biggest mistake in this game was not putting the nail in the coffin in the fourth.

I don't want to see us rush twice in a row in a close game down the stretch. Period.