Mike Nolan - Let's Do Better Next Week.

Peyton

This game left me hoping the Falcons don't take a big lead next week. I don't know what the Falcons did there in the second half, but let's put those particular Bend But Don't Break plays on the away and never pull them out again.

Not only did the Seahawks score 4 TDs in 5 drives in the second half, but they were biting off the yards in big easy chunks. Man it was ugly.

Much respect to Russell Wilson and the Seahawks for not quitting, but we made it way too easy for them.

And Matt Bryant, I love you. I know you missed that first one just because you heard the whistle and you wanted to tease the Seahawks.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Koepernick is an even better runner than Wilson. We better get some pressure next week because Wilson had all day to throw.

I think that was a little bit by design, to stop him from breaking those big runs, but still, guys were way too wide open. The Falcons would have been better off playing straight man 2, at least it would have taken them longer to score....probably,

Peyton you should know it at best. You was very righ about the situation abou Abraham.

Abrahams loss was so huge.

Becauce the falcons could no get any pressure more. And if the blitzed, they got burned because Wilson love open running lanes and throwing lanes.

For example the play before the TD to the 4yard linie. Overload Blitz vom the right side........Wilson buys time and it was over........

So without abraham against the best o-line in football.......oh my god help us!

today i am happy of coruse because a meltdown again and you could say we are the biggest chockers in the playoffs in the younger history!

I understand what Nolan was trying to do today. It would have worked a lot better with Abe. Blitzing leaves you vulnerable to these mobile QB's because if the extra man misses the QB climbs the pocket into open space. So he rushed 4 almost exclusively. There was virtually none of the those patented Nolan blitzes on 3rd down. The one time I do remember a blitz on third down was Seattle's last drive where Wilson made Weatherspoon miss and Wilson got it out to Lynch for that big gainer down to the 4 yard line.

The gameplan was actually working well in the 2nd half too. There were giving up yards willingly because they didn't want to get gashed by the running game, and mush rushing to contain Wilson. Where things fell apart in the 2nd half is where the Falcons have been iffy the whole season -- tackling.

*Robinson goes for the big hit instead of the wrap. Receiver bounces off and walks into the end zone.

* Nicholas goes for the big hit on Turbin. Slips through for an extra 20.

...and it went on and on in the second half.

That and they didn't bow up like they usually do in the red zone.

This game left me hoping the Falcons don't take a big lead next week. I don't know what the Falcons did there in the second half, but let's put those particular Bend But Don't Break plays on the away and never pull them out again.

Not only did the Seahawks score 4 TDs in 5 drives in the second half, but they were biting off the yards in big easy chunks. Man it was ugly.

Much respect to Russell Wilson and the Seahawks for not quitting, but we made it way too easy for them.

And Matt Bryant, I love you. I know you missed that first one just because you heard the whistle and you wanted to tease the Seahawks.

Nolan is th reason we are in the playoffs at all. Imagine the defensive game plan if BVG was still here? Wilson would have 800 pass yds and 500 rushing yds. We lost Abe for the game but Nolan did a great job of plugging the holes. I'm amazed that we held them to 28 points with no pass rush, and no linebackers cos they were covering for the pass rush deficiencies

Nolan is th reason we are in the playoffs at all. Imagine the defensive game plan if BVG was still here? Wilson would have 800 pass yds and 500 rushing yds. We lost Abe for the game but Nolan did a great job of plugging the holes. I'm amazed that we held them to 28 points with no pass rush, and no linebackers cos they were covering for the pass rush deficiencies

I don't give a sh*t who you are playing or who you are missing, 4 TDs in 5 drives when it is all on the line in a home game is not a good result.

It was a combination of two factors:

Making Wilson throw to beat you and HAVING to play ZONE and the PLAYERS not covering their TE(note our LBs, and at least 3 times one of our safeties) in adjusting to the EXTENDED plays.

Falcons gameplan WAS the correct one.

I know we all want to go man and not have a guy free, but against the 49ers next week? You'll get CK running free like the Packers had.

Better to give up 28 than 45.

Game next week is on the offense.

DESPITE the obvious comeback, for MANY specific reasons than general 'why' questions, Atlanta out-coached Seattle to a 20-0 and 27-7 lead.

Players gotta keep making plays. Atlanta 'can' adjust better to a comeback attempt. Make a couple more plays.

AND of course, dont throw 2 INTs next week. 1 was on Tony G and the other on Ryan.

I don't give a sh*t who you are playing or who you are missing, 4 TDs in 5 drives when it is all on the line in a home game is not a good result.

Nolan doesn't have the cattle he needs yet, however is still getting results. He inherited a woeful defense who were conditioned to that bend don't break crap. If you were alarmed today by it, then next week will give you a heart attack, cos it will be a shoot out of epic proportions. The first offense that falters will lose the game. Nolan was giving the hags enough rope without giving up the length of the field. Thus using up the clock and helping the offence take time away. If we started to go aggressive you can bet either Wilson or lynch burn us the length of the field. Nolan knows our weakness and does a great job of minimising the damage in spite of this.