Defenses Will Catch Up.....

I realize the Kapernick and Russell's of the world and even the Sham Newtons are making people nervous with all the college crap offense coming into the pros but defenses will catch up. LIke most sports the NFL is cyclical. I don't even watch college ball, I don't care for it and I hope it doesn't take the DC's long to contain all the read option crap.

Referring back to a post I made in another thread.

The super offensive gameplan that stumped the the Packers super defense.

If Crabtree = Open
Throw
Else
Run

Their offense was extremely simple but it seemed as though the packers didn't want to make adjustments to stop it.

Their offense was extremely simple but it seemed as though the packers didn't want to make adjustments to stop it.

Yeah....that's kind of what Vickie used to do too. Never really "read" a defense, just looked for his first option and then took off if it wasn't there.

its not so much the read option that is dominant, but much more the QB running it. CAm has success with it last season he was mediocre this season, russel Wilson, Colin kapernik(sp?) RGIII all rookie QBs and new to league(colin second year pro first year starting) so defenses are more vulnerbale to the new QB running it, next season they wont be so great like this year. i see Wilson being the best out of them.

its not so much the read option that is dominant, but much more the QB running it. CAm has success with it last season he was mediocre this season, russel Wilson, Colin kapernik(sp?) RGIII all rookie QBs and new to league(colin second year pro first year starting) so defenses are more vulnerbale to the new QB running it, next season they wont be so great like this year. i see Wilson being the best out of them.

=\ Mainly because the Panthers former OC, Chud, tried making the Read Option the new base offense for the Panthers. If you do it all the time, eventually defenses catch on.. it is what happened with Cam.. They didn't get it going again until after they went back to a pro-style offense with read options just sprinkled in.

I do agree with you though, if a team just runs the read option nearly every play..... they will eventually get figured out and stopped. The plus for the Seahawks and 9ers right now is their defenses. For the 9ers, they also have an elite Oline. Teams may know how to stop the 9ers read option, but with the 9ers Oline knocking everyone on their arses, teams may have a hard time putting their "know-how" into action.

Guest Negatorris

Their offense isn't exactly simple. Greg Roman is incredibly smart at disguises and giving the D different looks. Put Ryan in that system and he'd be spreading the ball out to more than just Crabtree. But yeah, the Packers are pretty dumb for not making obvious adjustments.

The one thing that will turn franchises off on these types of QB's, are injuries. Constantly putting your franchise QB in harms way is not very smart.

BINGO. Not sure RG3will ever be the same. 3-5 seasons and done. NFL too big and fast. Eventually they will get hurt.

I hate that garbage and have no respect for scrambling QBs like Kap, Scam, Vick, RG3 or any other pure scrambler. Not saying they aren't good but I don't respect them. I'm a stand in the pocket run if needed kinda guy.

I like scrambling QB so long as they keep their eyes down the field and only run if there's jack **** open.

The key to defending the spread option to me is every time they run it hit the QB anyway, now i know that presents some challenges esp. the way the NFL babies the QB position, but the edge guy has to be disciplined enough to resist the temptation to crash down the line thinking the RB has the ball. He has to stay on that edge & hit the QB like he ran with the ball anyway. Eventually that QB or even the coaches get tired of his QB taking unnecessary hits. I do agree that defenses will catch up with this