The 9Ers O-Linemen Are Scary. I'm Envious!

I'm envious of the pocket Kapernick sees frequently and the gaping holes they open up for Gore right up the middle. It's definitely their strength. It's something we not only lack on offense, but it's also something against which we don't match up well defensively.

The teams that are nasty in the trenches, espeically upfront with their O-Line are still in the playoffs.

The 9ers manhandled the Pack. I'm happy the Pack is out of the hunt. But we're gonna have our handsful when we make it past the Seahawks.

For those of you think the Seahawks are an easy win, remember, the Hawks put a beat down on the 9ers not that long ago when they were fighting for their playoff lives. And now we get to play them. They're def on a hot streak, and are gonna be super tough. They're also hard-nosed and tough upfront -- the key to building a dominant team.

I mean having first round picks is fine and dany and everything but that does not equate to or guarantee success. . .I mean, . . there are first round busts you know

It is all about coaching and chemistry. . . . .Harbaugh and his staff are the ones who deserve the credit for this. . .not the fact that they have all of these first round picks. . ..

Lol out our fans.

you and me both

Edited by irú olóyè kan ti Ôlörun

True. And it doesn't help that until last year we completely neglected our Oline.

Really???????

lets see, Baker, Reynolds, Johnson, Hawley, all off the top of my head without researching that were drafted before last year, all seeing playing time. last year we took konz and holmes, one of which is playing. yeah, we completely neglected our oline before last year.

Niners are solid on the D line as well. The Smith Bro's are beasts. The Hawks and Niners followed a similar blueprint. 1st round choices spent on OL. Both teams are built to run.

Niners took Joe Staley(LT) in 1st round in 2007

Niners took Mike Iupati(RG) in 1st round in 2010

Niners took Anthony Davis(RT) in 1st round in 2010

this is what you have to do if you want a good offensive line - commit resources/draft picks to it!

Falcons need BIG PHYSICAL offensive linemen - same on defensive side of the ball. For whatever reason - falcons don't seem to go after these larger/stronger individuals.

Isn't Holmes supposed to be something like that? I thought I remembered reading writeups on this board about games and there being a couple blurbs about him manhandling dudes.

Really???????

lets see, Baker, Reynolds, Johnson, Hawley, all off the top of my head without researching that were drafted before last year, all seeing playing time. last year we took konz and holmes, one of which is playing. yeah, we completely neglected our oline before last year.

Baker is the only high round pick you mentioned, and he hasn't played well consistently. He's played decently as of late, but still not well enough to justify us reaching back in the 1st to draft him. Konz is the only other high round pick, but, as I said, he was drafted last year, so you can't bring him up.

So, I wouldn't exactly say we were scouting out top teir O-Linemen before last year.

Edited by I Even Bleed Red

Isn't Holmes supposed to be something like that? I thought I remembered reading writeups on this board about games and there being a couple blurbs about him manhandling dudes.

Holmes is BIG. He is from a passing team and he is very raw as a run blocker. He's got the body but he needs to be developed - not a plug-n-play player.

Really???????

Hawley was taken in 4th round and was a REACH for the 4th round. Mike Johnson was taken at the end of 3rd round and has been a bust. Baker was a reach in the 1st round.

Falcons have basically paid lip service to the offensive line - and when they pick there - they don't pick wisely - always getting the weaker technique guys who are not strong enough to handle big 300lb. defensive linmen.

Niners took Joe Staley(LT) in 1st round in 2007

Niners took Mike Iupati(RG) in 1st round in 2010

Niners took Anthony Davis(RT) in 1st round in 2010

this is what you have to do if you want a good offensive line - commit resources/draft picks to it!

They committed the picks, but they also nailed it. Those guys are studs. The Hawks spent 3 1st round picks - Okung, Carp and Moffit. Okung is a pro bowl LT, Carp and Moffit have been injured. When Carp is healthy, he's a dominate G. Moffit looks like a swing a miss...