The One Area Seattle Is Best In The League, And We Are Worst In The League.

Draftnut57

Return Game... They are one of the best , and no doubt I'm ashamed to say we are one of the worst in the league. Remember me wanting a return man so bad in this last draft?? Yeah, but we did not get one. If we had a Return man like the one they have in Jones. I think that's his name. WE better at least put Rogers in , heck, I'd love to see them put Julio back there and see what happens. We really need to get one in the next draft in April...

We had a returner and Dimi let him go. Second best kick and punt returner in Falcon history.

What? You talking about Weems? 2nd best in Falcons history after one good season? Hmm. I know Tim Dwight was better, and Deion was definitely a better punt returner. Rossum was pretty good as well. I can say one thing, whether or not he was 2nd best all time, he was definitely better than the Rodgers/Franks combo has been this year.

Return Game... They are one of the best , and no doubt I'm ashamed to say we are one of the worst in the league. Remember me wanting a return man so bad in this last draft?? Yeah, but we did not get one. If we had a Return man like the one they have in Jones. I think that's his name. WE better at least put Rogers in , heck, I'd love to see them put Julio back there and see what happens. We really need to get one in the next draft in April...

Stats to back that up please. Few weeks ago, I read that they are not that good either

They are #11 in Kickoff returns and We are #17...

11 Leon Washington, RB SEA 27 784 29.0

17 Jacquizz Rodgers, RB ATL 23 592

Edited by falcon_owns_nfc_south

What? You talking about Weems? 2nd best in Falcons history after one good season? Hmm. I know Tim Dwight was better, and Deion was definitely a better punt returner. Rossum was pretty good as well. I can say one thing, whether or not he was 2nd best all time, he was definitely better than the Rodgers/Franks combo has been this year.

LMAO.

Falcon Kick Returners (50 or more returns)

Vaughn - 25.7

Weems - 25.6

Norwood - 25.5

Smith - 24.3

Butler - 24.2

Smith - 23.8

Stamps - 23.3

Dwight - 23.2

Sanders - 23.0

Smith - 23.0

Falcon Punt Returners (50 or more returns)

Rossum - 11.2

Weems - 10.6

Metcalf - 10.3

White Shoes - 10.1

Dwight - 9.4

Brown - 9.0

Smith - 8.7

Sanders - 8.5

Kinchen - 8.3

Lawrence - 6.7

Allen Rossum was gone before Dimitroff got here.

Rossum was a good punt returner but not a good kick returner. He sucked monkey balls at corner. Weems was good at kick and punt returns, plus he was a Pro Bowl gunner, He probably had as many or more TD catches as HD as a wide receiver. We basically had to replace him with Quizz, Franks, Antone and Drew.

Rossum was a good punt returner but not a good kick returner. He sucked monkey balls at corner. Weems was good at kick and punt returns, plus he was a Pro Bowl gunner, He probably had as many or more TD catches as HD as a wide receiver. We basically had to replace him with Quizz, Franks, Antone and Drew.

4 TD catches for HD in 4 seasons. Bad, but he's had his moments.

Weems has had 2 TD receptions in 6 seasons.

And Dimitroff'd is the stupidest expression ever. Everyone makes an occasional mistake. TD has been one of the best execs in the league for a while now.

Guest Negatorris

We had a returner and Dimi let him go. Second best kick and punt returner in Falcon history.

He had one good year. He was slightly better than Franks in 2011.

4 TD catches for HD in 4 seasons. Bad, but he's had his moments.

Weems has had 2 TD receptions in 6 seasons.

And Dimitroff'd is the stupidest expression ever. Everyone makes an occasional mistake. TD has been one of the best execs in the league for a while now.

I always felt Weems was way underutilized by our offense.

Imagine Weems here with Koetter making up plays, whoa....

I wanted Rossum gone for years, I didn't care what it did to our return game. I just didn't want it to be possible for him to be playing corner. He was terrible.

I like Weems, and thought he could play some decent WR too. Understand why he wasn't signed though.

LMAO.

You're right, I should have said two good seasons. I'm not saying you're wrong in your opinion, I'm just saying that I don't fully agree with it. If you were asked who you would rather have back their returning kicks and punts, I'd probably say Sanders, Dwight, and maybe Rossum off the top of my head. If you want to lump in every thing else they did then we're talking about more than just kick/punt returns and that's not what I was questioning. It's not that I didn't like Weems, I just wouldn't say he was the 2nd best return man ever on the Falcons.

I wanted Rossum gone for years, I didn't care what it did to our return game. I just didn't want it to be possible for him to be playing corner. He was terrible.

I like Weems, and thought he could play some decent WR too. Understand why he wasn't signed though.

Those were my feelings exactly. He's still my most favorite kick/punt returner ever. i wasnt privy to football during Deions years, as I was like 2 or 3 years old lol