Seahawks Dc Interviewing For Eagles Hc Job

Don't know if this has been posted or not...

Let's hope he pulls a Mularkey and tanks the game to get 4-5x more money as a HC.

Been worried all week about hitting 27 (cuz that's what I think will almost guarantee us a victory) but this news makes me feel good we can get to 30 or more...

Tick tock tick tock...

Every second is nerve wrecking... can't imagine how Matt Ryan or Smitty must be feeling at this moment.

Because I don't think the Eagles want to wait 3 more weeks to hire a guy... they might go in a different direction, Jon Gruden might surface, other things can happen between then and now that could take his chance at being the HC away...

Imagine a bag full of 15 million dollars sat on your porch, would you let it sit there for a couple weeks while on vacation taking the chance that something MIGHT happen in that time where you could potentially lose that chance...

Not making a statement on his character or insinuating he would tank, but what I learned from last year's playoffs is that being prepared and fully ready for a game isn't always a coach's first priority.

I wouldn't, but given that Gus's career options are based on his resume, I would think that stellar performances in the playoffs (and a possible super bowl win) would lead to much greater reward down the line. I wonder how much money he makes right now anyways - got to be millions as it is, right?

It seems like the Eagles would be MORE excited to hire a Super Bowl-winning DC than a divisional round-losing DC, although obviously that's being presumptive that we go on to win it all if we get past you guys...

For whatever it's worth, I think Gus is a bit over-rated as a DC. He's done a good job, but he was here for years before Pete Carroll and was one of the most reviled assistant coaches on the Seahawks' staff. It wasn't until PC and JS put together an extremely talented roster that we started to blossom, and even then his D has struggled with late-game collapses and pass rush. He may be great as a HC, but I wonder how much of the Hawks' success on D is PC and the roster.

I wouldn't, but given that Gus's career options are based on his resume, I would think that stellar performances in the playoffs (and a possible super bowl win) would lead to much greater reward down the line. I wonder how much money he makes right now anyways - got to be millions as it is, right?

It seems like the Eagles would be MORE excited to hire a Super Bowl-winning DC than a divisional round-losing DC, although obviously that's being presumptive that we go on to win it all if we get past you guys...

For whatever it's worth, I think Gus is a bit over-rated as a DC. He's done a good job, but he was here for years before Pete Carroll and was one of the most reviled assistant coaches on the Seahawks' staff. It wasn't until PC and JS put together an extremely talented roster that we started to blossom, and even then his D has struggled with late-game collapses and pass rush. He may be great as a HC, but I wonder how much of the Hawks' success on D is PC and the roster.

Thanks for your insight.

I understand that it might end up getting him a few extra $$$ on a contract coming off a SB (or even an impressive playoff run), but if you say that he was thriving due to PC's influence and was a bit overrated as you have... then I suspect that he'd want to jump on while the iron was hot and not have the whispers surface... if that makes any sense.

Anyways, guess we'll find out in about 24 hours.