Trufont! If You Screw This Up @#$%^ !

HUGGY

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Every last player on the starting roster including Irvin will make plays tomorrow.

Trufont is the Seahawks ONLY weakness.

I get a lump in my throat just thinking of him playing against Gonzalez.

I just told a friend of mine he's the key. He's the weak link. Koetter will line Julio or Roddy or TG as well as HD in the slot sometimes and keep mismatches on him. I wouldn't be surprised to see Quizz in the slot sometimes too. Trufant will get tested early and often and when Sherman or Browner get sleepy they'll get tested.

TrufAnt won't be the one covering TG in all likelihood. They'll likely use a combination of Kam Chancellor and an LB for TG. As the Falcons' fans above said, I'd worry more about their actual third wideout. Leroy Hill and Bruce Irvin are also potential liabilities here - Irvin because it's his first game as an every-down player, Hill because to be quite frank he's a liability in coverage just like Trufant has proven to be. Red Bryant hasn't been quite as effective this year as last, either, particularly after suffering a nagging foot injury.

I think it's going to be key for our secondary to pick off a pass or two or force a fumble or two. I'm worried that our pass rush might not show, and that will leave Ryan a LOT of time to find his fourth option - and that'll lead to performances like the Dolphins and Lions' games.

C'mon man, spell the guy's name right.

You guys sure have a lot of spelling cops on this board! ohmy.png

Me...I'm a little more concerned about the game!

I don't have spellcheck or really give a rip. Maybe that's why in 14 years on the internet I've never whined about someone's spelling.

Well, as a fan of the opposing team, coming over to the Falcons board, you'd think you would be knowledgeable enough to spell your starting DBs name right.

You should be more concerned if TG can spell HIS name after the game when Kam has to clean up after Tru and slams him a couple of good licks.

I just told a friend of mine he's the key. He's the weak link. Koetter will line Julio or Roddy or TG as well as HD in the slot sometimes and keep mismatches on him. I wouldn't be surprised to see Quizz in the slot sometimes too. Trufant will get tested early and often and when Sherman or Browner get sleepy they'll get tested.

Yep, Koetter likes to mix it up when it comes to receivers in the slot. So we can see Roddy or Julio abusing Trufant.

Definitely not your only weakness. Browner struggles against some #2 WRs even, and him against either Julio or Roddy, both top 15 WRs in the league, will be easy pickings. Last year against JJ he got lit up to the tune of almost 120+ yards. Not to mention, you're very weak on the edges of the DL.

I'm freely admitting that our interior pass rush and MLB spot are weak as well, so it wouldn't hurt for you to be realistic. wink.png

Edited by Falcan Moore

Definitely not your only weakness. Browner struggles against some #2 WRs even, and him against either Julio or Roddy, both top 15 WRs in the league, will be easy pickings. Last year against JJ he got lit up to the tune of almost 120+ yards. Your LBs aren't particularly great either, and you're very weak on the edges of the DL.

I'm freely admitting that our interior pass rush and MLB spot are weak as well, so it wouldn't hurt for you to be realistic. wink.png

You have a good point. I'd refine it a little, because Browner has been DRAMATICALLY better this year than last (again, last week notwithstanding). Browner generally doesn't struggle against #2 receivers, but Jones is a #2 receiver in formality only. He'd be a #1 on nearly any other team, except perhaps the Lions... and maybe the Bears. Jones is incredible. Far better than nearly every other wideout Browner's played against. Browner was responsible much of the game for Brandon Marshall (for some reason) in the Bears game, and that didn't go well for our defense. You're absolutely right about our DL. I think our 'weakness' at LB is a little overstated. Wagner has proven to be a very good all-around LB, and KJ Wright has been stellar in run support and average in pass defense. Leroy Hill is fine in run support, but definitely a liability in coverage. Generally when we get shredded by backup wideouts it's due to a combination of exploiting Trufant and Leroy Hill, especially when our pass rush is miserable.

Am I the only one that thinks that it is odd how many so called Seahawk fans have invaded our board recently?

I know that some of them are probably real Seahawk fans but I have a feeling not all of them are.

It's an exciting playoff game and TBH I think your board fosters better conversation than some visiting boards I've been to. Doesn't seem odd at all to me.