Is Turner And Quizz Getting Over Looked?

THE ICEMAN

Sure there avg yard per carry isn't high but the two nearly rushed for 1200 yards throw in about 500 yards receiving and I believe 13 TD's as well. I really don't think its a lack of production rather the Falcons don't have a true starter(Fit)

And on Turner really what did you expect ? I expected what we got from him. Turner used to beat on you for 3 Quarter's and those 3 yards carries turned into 6-7 yard carries in the 4TH Quarter and at the end of the game he'd have over 100 an a avg of about 4.5. In my opinion he's the same player as last year but to be effective he has to have 20+ carries a game.

Does anyone else feel like our running game/screen game is getting over looked?

Sure there avg yard per carry isn't high but the two nearly rushed for 1200 yards throw in about 500 yards receiving and I believe 13 TD's as well. I really don't think its a lack of production rather the Falcons don't have a true starter(Fit)

And on Turner really what did you expect ? I expected what we got from him. Turner used to beat on you for 3 Quarter's and those 3 yards carries turned into 6-7 yard carries in the 4TH Quarter and at the end of the game he'd have over 100 an a avg of about 4.5. In my opinion he's the same player as last year but to be effective he has to have 20+ carries a game.

Does anyone else feel like our running game/screen game is getting over looked?

Turner is for sure being discounted, but nobody is over looking Quizz. Quizz on the screen is lethal.

I have a feeling both are ready to go off. Quizz may just be our secret weapon this game. I could see him making an impact vs Seattle and Green Bay match ups.

If we come out running the ball we will get throttled. Besides Quizz in the passing game neither is going to impact the game from a running standpoint. If the gameplan is to come out and run the ball instead of being aggressive then we will lose again at home in the playoffs.

If we come out running the ball we will get throttled. Besides Quizz in the passing game neither is going to impact the game from a running standpoint. If the gameplan is to come out and run the ball instead of being aggressive then we will lose again at home in the playoffs.

Just gotta get a feel of their D. Run it if it works then here come the pass attack. Make them step up and stop us

Edited by shannon

You can't just ignore the running game either. You have to run to be able to pass or else it's just going to be Ryan trying to keep his head attached all day and throwing passes away.

I think Turner off tackle to Irvin's side will have moderate success. If Irvin ever lines up across from Clabo, Matt needs to check to a run immediately. We will basically be going against our 3 DT look tomorrow. Luckily, unless Irvin has a 3 sack game, Mebane, Branch and Bryant aren't pass rushing anything. Putting them in nickel situations with take an LB off the field and one less blitzer. Blitz and you are putting Roddy, Julio, Tony and HD into 1v1 situations with the potential of Quizz winning as well.

The Seahawks defense is a good one, but they haven't seen as many top notch offensive weapons as we have away from the Link. They keep pointing to stop Brady, but this isn't a home game. They couldn't stop Tannehill and the Dolphins in Miami.

I think Turner off tackle to Irvin's side will have moderate success. If Irvin ever lines up across from Clabo, Matt needs to check to a run immediately. We will basically be going against our 3 DT look tomorrow. Luckily, unless Irvin has a 3 sack game, Mebane, Branch and Bryant aren't pass rushing anything. Putting them in nickel situations with take an LB off the field and one less blitzer. Blitz and you are putting Roddy, Julio, Tony and HD into 1v1 situations with the potential of Quizz winning as well.

The Seahawks defense is a good one, but they haven't seen as many top notch offensive weapons as we have away from the Link. They keep pointing to stop Brady, but this isn't a home game. They couldn't stop Tannehill and the Dolphins in Miami.

Good post. Irvin against the run is the big unknown. Miami... man that sucked. Also, the number one reason Bradley can go IMO - sitting back instead of attacking... that's Bradley for you.

I realize this is whining; but in that Miami game we picked off Tannehill in the endzone during the 4th Q. It was called back for a roughing the passer penalty on ET. Half the distance and they keep the ball. I'm a homer for the Hawks, but even Tannehill said he was barely touched and ref's gave him one. Oaky... I got it out. Man I hope the officials are better on Sunday.

I have a feeling both are ready to go off. Quizz may just be our secret weapon this game. I could see him making an impact vs Seattle and Green Bay match ups.

heads up the cats out of the bag on Quiz, Pete and the rest of us in the PNW are well aware of what he can do haha... but i do think he and TG will be the keys to victory, lets hope we can execute!