Anyone Else Here Collect And Enjoy Nes And Vintage Video Gaming?

Trappone

I have one of those combined consoles that has NES and sega genesis combined. Does that count.

yeah what is that one called? i had a yobo i used to test games on, i miss that thing

Collecting these games isn't that hard. I downloaded every NES and SNES game onto my computer in an hour. It was like an 800mb file.

that doesnt count

I don't collect, but I still have my old SNES and Sega Genesis. All the games are saved too. I've got an original Earthbound cartridge which is apparently worth a lot of money now, but it's one of my favorite games so I wouldn't sell it. I still play from time to time. Got all the original Donkey Kong Country's too.

Last time I was at my parents house, I was in the basement going through some of my old toys. I found a bag that had 2 Sega Genesis consoles in it. One of the bigger original ones and one of the smaller ones. Had a few games in the bag as well. Out of place, but relevant to the conversation, there was an original NES duck hunt gun controller in there too.

Guest Regular Guy

I have an Arcade machine in the mancave that has all of the old school arcade games as well as all genesis, nes, snes, atari, colecovision....you name it. I am actually in the middle of updating the cabinet itself a little. I dig the old stuff and I am 41!

CIMG3413.JPG

I have an Arcade machine in the mancave that has all of the old school arcade games as well as all genesis, nes, snes, atari, colecovision....you name it. I am actually in the middle of updating the cabinet itself a little. I dig the old stuff and I am 41!

CIMG3413.JPG

this is sweet

Guest Regular Guy

Thanks guys, it's really a rickety old thing. I have had it for years with the intention of "dressing" it up a little nicer. I have put some artwork on it since this pic, I will post a pic when it's done and maybe a little vid of it in action.

No old stuff, but I just got the Wii U. Having a blast playing Super Mario Wii U! I had ALL of the old consoles, sold them all and my games back in the early 90s. Wish I hadn't done that now. LOL, my daughter tells me the older I get, the younger I act. When the NES 1st came out I was like 30 - 31, I'll be 56 this year.

Guest Regular Guy

I have some updated pics of my Cabinet. I also have a video but the quality is terrible!

Here are the pics :

arcade01.jpg

arcade02.jpg

At some point I am going to put a front on the slide out keyboard drawer do it looks neater.

Here is the video :

Guest Regular Guy

How much did that run you Reg?

I got it off of Craigslist about 4 years ago, maybe 5. The guy I bought it off of paid someone like $1500.00 to build it for him. I paid him I think $300.00, he wanted $475.00 I think but really wanted it out of his garage. Said his kids no longer had interest in it. It's not the best built cabinet since it's mdf but it is functional. The first thing I did was trash his old pc that was in it running windows 95 and an really old version of mame with a clunky front end and put in a spare pc that was given to me, it's a core duo 3.0ghz with a really nice video card. I put in a 180gb hard drive and installed Win7 64 bit. After that I installed the front end you see called Hyperspin, well worth the membership price to support the project as I think it REALLY makes the cabinet cool.The part that was REALLY a pain was sorting it all out, matching the front end's wheel artwork to the roms and downloading the movie files (previews) of each game and matching them up to the game. It's not 100% complete as there are some roms missing and some of the systems I don't actually run like Playstation and Gamecube. I mostly play the mame games, SNES and Daphne. Dapne is what blows people away, they like playing the original Dragon's Lair games (1,2,3) on it as well as Space Ace. It's been a cool thing to have down there even though it doesn't get a whole lot of use. The poor slot machine beside it hasn't seen action in at least a year ohmy.png

Nice

Thanks man!