Dilfer Film Study On Twitter. Finally Someone Is Noticing We Have A New Offense

paulitik

#Filmstudy ATL O: I don't like ranking players, but I think I would put Julio Jones close to top of WR list after studying every snap #BEAST

#Filmstudy ATL O: Quizz Rodgers development has forced D to defend edge run game, screen, and outlet pass. Huge dimension to new offense

#Filmstudy ATL O: Expanded quick game & screen game has taken tremendous pressure off Oline & allows MR to play on rhythm & cleaner pocket

#Filmstudy ATL O: Bigs are playing more athletic and run game can attack edges better than past. OL coach Pat Hill has done a great job

#Filmstudy ATL O: OC Dirk Koetter has a very good feel for calling a game & has given MR the keys to make MANY decisions at LOS.

#Filmstudy ATL O: 1st, OC Dirk Koetter has expanded the passing game immensely. MR has more scheme at his disposal & personnel to fit.

#Filmstudy I've spent last two days studying ATL O thanks to@xosdigital Goal=discover what makes this Falcons O different than past years

I'm not a Dilfer fan, but it looks like he's finally doing what the rest of the media refuses to do. Judge us by this season, instead of lazily going back to "0-3" to analyze the Falcons.

EDIT, Here are some new ones:

I will start digging through some of your questions and answer as many as possible.

ATL O: Look for them to use some tight WR formations,motions & Jones in slot to get clean releases at LOS. Also, bootlegs from MR

ATL O: Concerns are still with their "Must Run" offense (not real physical) & patience to march ball. They thrive off big play

ATL O: Screens are HUGE part of RZ package. I will be doing a telestration piece on their WR screen game Sat night on

ATL O: Really hard to defend in red zone cause they can run, play action, change launch point, attack middle & strike on edges

Filmstudy ATL O: I love how Koetter's O attacks every inch of field. Boundry, verts, seams, between hashes, flats, behind LOS (screens)

ATL O: Ryan is playing incredibly decisive. He has sudden eyes, and makes great decisions in chunk passing game.

Edited by paulitik

I'm not a Dilfer fan, but it looks like he's finally doing what the rest of the media refuses to do. Judge us by this season, instead of lazily going back to "0-3" to analyze the Falcons.

It is comforting to see him actually studying us before opening his mouth. He is still a doosh to me. lol

I really like this one. All those people that clamor about firing a position coach after 1 year and 1 draft have no clue.

@
TDESPN

Filmstudy

ATL O: Bigs are playing more athletic and run game can attack edges better than past. OL coach Pat Hill has done a great job

Now I'm wondering if the Falcons demolish the Seahawks, and White & Jones has a good game what would that mean for the Packers/49ers since Seattle supposedly has the best secondary according to the media?

In my opinion they don't, but if Roddy and Julio destroys them. How will the Packers/49ers try to defend them once they see the film?

Now I'm wondering if the Falcons demolish the Seahawks, and White & Jones has a good game what would that mean for the Packers/49ers since Seattle supposedly has the best secondary according to the media?

In my opinion they don't, but if Roddy and Julio destroys them. How will the Packers/49ers try to defend them once they see the film?

Cant compare them. Packers and 49ers should have a decent pass rush. I dont think the Seahawks pass rush will be effective without Clemons.

Also Clemons is a great run defender as well and Bruce Irvin is severely lacking in that area. Clemons absence helps both the run and passing game tremendously

The guys on NFLNs Playbook all did their homework as well. They brought up the new screen game , they brought up the new coordinators , they pretty much covered everything I wanted them to. They're about to talk about Gonzo too. These three guys are talking football unbiasedly and that's all I could ever ask for. They have good points on both teams without spinning towards one or the other.

Dilfer was right about us in the past. No one here can deny that. It should make us feel good to get praise from someone who knew we'd fail, especially considering he now thinks we can do big things...

I agree, he was unfortunately dead right. But I don't think anyone could have foreseen how bad the Giants and Packers games were. They were out of character for this team. Not the end all be all proof that it's impossible for us to win one, despite what the talking heads want to believe. Even if we lose Sunday(we won't), you can't make a definitive statement about a team based on the previous 53 man roster. Each season is a different team, with different circumstances.

Earlier this season Dilfer did a filmstudy on Ryan and was talking about how much Ryan had improved. I personally can't stand listening to him (because he sounds so much like a know it all) but he's usually right about what he's talking about.

While blue is correct red is hard to get over for me. Its just that coming from him when he completely trashes other QBs in the league(not just Ryan) he sounds like such a hypocrite. Its difficult for me to look passed it all.