Darren Woodson Calls Out Herm And The Moderator On The 'seahawks Have To Travel Across The Country' Debate.

fuego

Watching ESPN and Woodson and Herm and the moderator talking about two road games the Seahawks lost in the east, and they're making a big deal out of it and the travel and Woodson finally says:

"Are we looking for excuses? Is this an excuse? This is a hole you dug yourself now. The Atlanta Falcons won the right having home field advantage. You are what you are at this point in the season. So there's no excuse...they have to get ready for this game at 1:00. Who cares what happened in the past in the season..."

Woodson also said:

"...this is going to be a physical matchup you better believe the officials are going to be watching this matchup and calling it close. If they call it close the Atlanta Falcons will have the advantage...and I like what Roddy White and Julio Jones can do deep down the field."

Woodson then picked us and Herm the Seahawks.

Edited by fuego

Guest Negatorris

They always do that. If they end up wrong, they often make excuses before the game so they won't have to swallow their pride and give us credit.

Woodson also said:

"...this is going to be a physical matchup you better believe the officials are going to be watching this matchup and calling it close. If they call it close the Atlanta Falcons will have the advantage...and I like what Roddy White and Julio Jones can do deep down the field."

Hey why should anyone worry about the Seahawks travel time? According to most of what I am seeing, they are the hottest team in the playoffs and we just can't win in the playoffs.

BTW, I do think the NFL should have switched our game to a later time to accommodate them. But I also don't really see that as any big advantage. I remember all our road trips when we were in the NFC West.

Hey why should anyone worry about the Seahawks travel time? According to most of what I am seeing, they are the hottest team in the playoffs and we just can't win in the playoffs.

BTW, I do think the NFL should have switched our game to a later time to accommodate them. But I also don't really see that as any big advantage. I remember all our road trips when we were in the NFC West.

TV Networks get priority, they're paying billions of dollars on a yearly basis. CBS gets late game on Sunday, FOX gets primetime game on Saturday.

It's really the only way the schedule worked (in their thinking) because two of the teams playing at home are in the pacific time zone. So it's either SF or Denver actually plays at 10am pacific time or the Seahawks travel. You aren't going to expect the fans to fill up the stadium at 10am. So a lot of logistical things too.

Watching ESPN and Woodson and Herm and the moderator talking about two road games the Seahawks lost in the east, and they're making a big deal out of it and the travel and Woodson finally says:

"Are we looking for excuses? Is this an excuse? This is a hole you dug yourself now. The Atlanta Falcons won the right having home field advantage. You are what you are at this point in the season. So there's no excuse...they have to get ready for this game at 1:00. Who cares what happened in the past in the season..."

Woodson also said:

Woodson then picked us and Herm the Seahawks.

Herm needs to shut that fly trap of his. Why is he so concerned about them flying back east and what time they play? Just shut it hater.

LOL.. The Seahawks don't give a crap about playing at 1:00 eastern time. They will arrive on Friday and will get accustomed to the time change. They will fly a very comfortable charter flight for 6 hours and will be just fine. Pete Carroll has no problem with this game being played a 10 our time, 1 yours. That will have no impact on the game!! I am not sure why people are all butthurt that some experts pick the seahawks. You guys are favored by 1 or a pick em game. Of courst there are going to be some people that pick the hawks. Have you been watching what they are doing lately??

Whatever advantage it may or may not be we earned it. If they wanted the game at a more comfortable time they should have won HFA themselves. Their back-to-back EC travel trips are their own fault.

It's really the only way the schedule worked (in their thinking) because two of the teams playing at home are in the pacific time zone. So it's either SF or Denver actually plays at 10am pacific time or the Seahawks travel. You aren't going to expect the fans to fill up the stadium at 10am. So a lot of logistical things too.

Denver is Mountain Time, but the same still applies...

People are starting to come to their senses that Atlanta is just the better team and are getting their excuses lined up. Nothing more.

Actually think you might be right. After Sunday night the Falcon hate train was full steam ahead, but by about Wednesday the media momentum the Seahawks had gotten by beating RG3 began to cool off as people began to really look at the match ups. Sure the Seahawks might win but the idea that a rookie has some sort of an advantage on the number one seed that almost never loses at home is laughable.

Greenie has been too big of an influence on Herm this week, whining about how unfair it is that Seattle (his bandwagon choice for the playoffs) has to play at 1 PM EST. Otherwise I don't think Herm would make too big a deal about it.

Greenie is wearing this subject out on Mike and Mike. When talking with Lomas about our matchup it was the only thing they discussed.

Edited by fuego