Be Honest Guys------Predict The Score

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Seahawks haven't given up over 28 points or lost by more than a touchdown in 25 straight games yet all these predictions about the Falcons scoring 30+ or 40+ points in a blowout. Lots of wishful thinking going on here. It's going to be tight, folks.

Seahawks 23 Falcons 20

The Seahawks haven't given up over 28 points or lost by more than a touchdown in 25 straight games yet all these predictions about the Falcons scoring 30+ or 40+ points in a blowout. Lots of wishful thinking going on here. It's going to be tight, folks.

Seahawks 23 Falcons 20

Maybe it's because the Falcons have scored 34 and 30 points the last 2 years against the Seahawks.

I really don't think the Falcons' performance against the Seahawks of previous years (especially 2 years ago) has any bearings on how they'll perform against this year's team. The defense this year has not given up more than 28 points all year, averages about 15 points a game, including on the road, and the Seahawks have not lost by more than a touchdown all year. The Falcons are also the most talented passing game by far that we've faced, so that adds an element of uncertainty.

I think this game's going to be a nailbiter to the end, and is an honest coinflip (in the 45-55% range for either team to win). My fandom leads me to believe the Seahawks edge the Falcons 24-21. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that score were flipped.

I really don't think the Falcons' performance against the Seahawks of previous years (especially 2 years ago) has any bearings on how they'll perform against this year's team. The defense this year has not given up more than 28 points all year, averages about 15 points a game, including on the road, and the Seahawks have not lost by more than a touchdown all year. The Falcons are also the most talented passing game by far that we've faced, so that adds an element of uncertainty.

I think this game's going to be a nailbiter to the end, and is an honest coinflip (in the 45-55% range for either team to win). My fandom leads me to believe the Seahawks edge the Falcons 24-21. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that score were flipped.

They gave up 28 and 24 points on the road to the Lions and Dolphins and the Falcons offense is much, much better than those 2 teams.

They gave up 28 and 24 points on the road to the Lions and Dolphins and the Falcons offense is much, much better than those 2 teams.

Truth. These games are also 6 or 7 weeks old, and I legitimately believe the Seahawks have improved since then. Those Lions and Dolphins game involved ABUSING trufant and Hill in coverage of the third wideout, and one of a few things has happened since then:

1) Trufant and Hill are playing better

2) Gus and Carroll have schemed better to avoid that weakness

3) The Seahawks have gotten lucky that other teams haven't exploited that matchup more.

That's not to say you're not absolutely right. If #3 is the case, this could be a very VERY long day. I think it's #2, personally. At least I hope so.

hawks fans are so fast to this "previous years, past games, don't mean anything" argument

and yet the Falcons losses in the playoffs are constantly thrown out as why we won't win this year. just amazes me.

the thing I WILL remind everyone, yes we won the game last year, but they were within a few feet on a 61 yard FG of coming back from that 27-7 deficit and winning. I'm not overlooking them at all. I'll even go so far to say, I'll remind everyone how we felt in '08 when everyone was discounting our Rookie QB, so when you diss on wilson, remember that.

As for us, we were a lousy defense in a 3rd and 16 against a HOF QB in '08 from a win. last year everyone talks of what the Giants did, without mentioning that into the 4th quarter we were within one score.

I do however think we have more to play for, and should be much more motivated. back in 2005 I think it was, The hawks went through a lot of what what we are going through in the media, so I'm sure some of their fans can recognize our frustrations as fans.

I expect this game to be close through 3 quarters, but after surprising them by pounding turner, quizz and snelling at them for 3 quarters, we'll pull out and score in the 4th qtr and the score will make it look like it was a much worse game than it actually was

I'll play along. The Hawks D is much better than them giving up 31 or more many of posters have predicted.

24-17 Hawks

- Hawks shorten the game with effective ground control; Lynch, Turbin and Robinson combine for 160+, Wilson add 25+

- Leon Washington; he'll have a significant impact

- Robinson, Miller and Turbin make first down catches.

- We eliminate Turner

- CB/WR battle balances out

- Gonzalez finishes with a 6 catch, TD game.

My opinion. Best of luck to both teams. Bring on Sunday!

Its not about your D## Its about our Offense

hawks fans are so fast to this "previous years, past games, don't mean anything" argument

and yet the Falcons losses in the playoffs are constantly thrown out as why we won't win this year. just amazes me.

the thing I WILL remind everyone, yes we won the game last year, but they were within a few feet on a 61 yard FG of coming back from that 27-7 deficit and winning. I'm not overlooking them at all. I'll even go so far to say, I'll remind everyone how we felt in '08 when everyone was discounting our Rookie QB, so when you diss on wilson, remember that.

As for us, we were a lousy defense in a 3rd and 16 against a HOF QB in '08 from a win. last year everyone talks of what the Giants did, without mentioning that into the 4th quarter we were within one score.

I do however think we have more to play for, and should be much more motivated. back in 2005 I think it was, The hawks went through a lot of what what we are going through in the media, so I'm sure some of their fans can recognize our frustrations as fans.

I expect this game to be close through 3 quarters, but after surprising them by pounding turner, quizz and snelling at them for 3 quarters, we'll pull out and score in the 4th qtr and the score will make it look like it was a much worse game than it actually was

You make a good point about talking about your past playoff woes. It's the same argument. I'm not sure that I agree you have' more to play for,' I think both franchises are desperate to win a Super Bowl. That's the ultimate 'monkey on the back' for both clubs. And yeah, I've said a few times that the attitude about this year's falcons reminds me a lot of 2005's seahawks. Easy to discount a team because of SOS, bad wins/bad losses, or whatever it is these people are saying. 13-3 and #1 seed speaks for itself.

I think you're just a bit off if you think the Falcons are gonna run the ball 40+ times and win. Not with how horrible our running game has been this season.

I guarantee you if the Falcons run the ball 40 times they are going to win. But I don't think they are going to run the ball 40 times, no matter how much they win by.