Is The Game Not Sold Out?

SoCalFalconFan

A lot of those tickets were probably bought by ticket brokers and Redskins fans with the hope that the Skins would be here Sunday. Not expecting a whole lot of Seahawk fans in the Dome Sunday, so that likely has something to do with the number of tickets left for sale. Plus, let's be honest, we here on this board are the vocal minority when it comes to interest in this team. We love our Falcons, but the rest of the state only seems to notice when things are going well, and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say it pisses me off.

A lot of those tickets were probably bought by ticket brokers and Redskins fans with the hope that the Skins would be here Sunday. Not expecting a whole lot of Seahawk fans in the Dome Sunday, so that likely has something to do with the number of tickets left for sale. Plus, let's be honest, we here on this board are the vocal minority when it comes to interest in this team. We love our Falcons, but the rest of the state only seems to notice when things are going well, and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say it pisses me off.

Brokers buy up a massive amount of tickets for every game. This has been going on for a while. And yes we do have a lot of transient residents in the state that are not Falcons fans, but there is still a lot of fans.

I work for a large company in a rural part of Georgia, but there is only 6 of us out of 30 people on my floor that are from Georgia, and I am only 1 of 2 that lives close to Atlanta. We have shop personnel that are mostly from the state, but most live in North Georgia and for various reasons aren't attending the game, probably because they have redneck stuff to do. Out of 80 employees, I only know of my self and one other person that will be at the game.

Now if this was a GA Bulldogs game, then there would be a mad stampede for tickets. Go figure.

Brokers buy up a massive amount of tickets for every game. This has been going on for a while. And yes we do have a lot of transient residents in the state that are not Falcons fans, but there is still a lot of fans.

I work for a large company in a rural part of Georgia, but there is only 6 of us out of 30 people on my floor that are from Georgia, and I am only 1 of 2 that lives close to Atlanta. We have shop personnel that are mostly from the state, but most live in North Georgia and for various reasons aren't attending the game, probably because they have redneck stuff to do. Out of 80 employees, I only know of my self and one other person that will be at the game.

Now if this was a GA Bulldogs game, then there would be a mad stampede for tickets. Go figure.

Yeah, and that's kind of my point. If we had as many people around here who were die hard Falcon fans as there are diehard UGA fans, we'd be considered one of, if not THE, top fan base in the league.

I've never understood the mentality of sports fans, and more specifically football fans, who will spend all of their free time and money obsessing over 18-22 year old kids, but won't turn out to support the Falcons.

I love UGA football, I practically grew up in Athens on fall Saturdays, but Sundays should be considered just as important, IMO. My dad doesn't watch pro ball, so I wasn't indoctrinated from a young age to love the Falcons the way I was UGA, but when my wife and I have kids, I'm looking forward to sharing fall Sundays with them and teaching them to love this team, come **** or high water. Rant over.

Yeah, and that's kind of my point. If we had as many people around here who were die hard Falcon fans as there are diehard UGA fans, we'd be considered one of, if not THE, top fan base in the league.

I've never understood the mentality of sports fans, and more specifically football fans, who will spend all of their free time and money obsessing over 18-22 year old kids, but won't turn out to support the Falcons.

I love UGA football, I practically grew up in Athens on fall Saturdays, but Sundays should be considered just as important, IMO. My dad doesn't watch pro ball, so I wasn't indoctrinated from a young age to love the Falcons the way I was UGA, but when my wife and I have kids, I'm looking forward to sharing fall Sundays with them and teaching them to love this team, come **** or high water. Rant over.

Bingo!

It frustrates me as a Falcons fan. However, there were lots of fans in the GB play off game with UGA gear on, I bet they swore never to return to a falcons game after the disappointing loss. I go to almost all games and lot of those folks were not the regular falcons fans but UGA fans cheering for Falcons. Winning will expand the fan base and Falcons just have to keep winning.

I had to sell mine because my daughter had surgery this morning. But Stub Hub's fees are outrageous for buyers and sellers. Sold mine to a fellow falcons fan. Straight up cash. Charged him less than what I was asking for on Stub Hub and still pocketed more money, and he paid less than what he would have paid on Stub Hub.

That site is a rip.

It frustrates me as a Falcons fan. However, there were lots of fans in the GB play off game with UGA gear on, I bet they swore never to return to a falcons game after the disappointing loss. I go to almost all games and lot of those folks were not the regular falcons fans but UGA fans cheering for Falcons. Winning will expand the fan base and Falcons just have to keep winning.

I couldn't afford to get into the Dome for that game, but I tailgated all day outside the Dome. When game time came, I walked to Taco Mac to watch the game. Midway through the third quarter, I went to the bathroom and there were two guys at the urinals wearing UGA stuff talking about how the team was just a joke and how they always pull crap like this and how they shouldn't even bother with them. They were both laughing and ended their conversation with, "Well, at least we still have the Dawgs."

It took every ounce of control I had not to just tear them a new one, as at that point, I felt like I had lost my best friend with what was going on in the game. Just cheer for both teams, people.

I couldn't afford to get into the Dome for that game, but I tailgated all day outside the Dome. When game time came, I walked to Taco Mac to watch the game. Midway through the third quarter, I went to the bathroom and there were two guys at the urinals wearing UGA stuff talking about how the team was just a joke and how they always pull crap like this and how they shouldn't even bother with them. They were both laughing and ended their conversation with, "Well, at least we still have the Dawgs."

It took every ounce of control I had not to just tear them a new one, as at that point, I felt like I had lost my best friend with what was going on in the game. Just cheer for both teams, people.

Yep, not surprised at all. The crowd is much better this year and hope it gets better.

I completely agree. I'm definitely a bigger Falcons fan than a UGA fan, but I watch them both faithfully. I never understood not supporting the Falcons especially when you were born and raised here, but to each his own. One thing for sure, I've worked very hard to convert my husband (a eagles fan) to have love for the falcons, and my son will be no different. He will be a falcons fan, because thats the only NFL team he'll know to support lol

agree

i bought 5 tickets to BYU/GT for 1 dollar each..lol.....23dollar in fees.....

I know right? They charge a 15% commission on ticket sales, plus a $20 listing fee if the tickets sell. Then they turn around and charge the buyer a processing fee for each ticket and delivery fee for each!

I was asking $300 a piece for my tickets. If they had sold, I would have walked away with roughly $490. If my buddy would have bought them off of there, it would have cost him roughly $720. That's such BS. I will never use that site again.

I just heard on KJR (Seattle sports station) that there are still 4,000 tickets left. All I can say is, wow.

Wow? Seriously? That there are still tickets left on Stub Hub is a wow to you? I'd swear that this was the first time Seattle made the playoffs with the way some of your fans have been commenting on ticket availability. Both NFC games have almost identical tickets available. http://www.stubhub.com/nfc-divisional-playoff-tickets/