Don't Be Surprised If...

Padawan Knight

We don't see a big resurgence of our running game this week.

I've been thinking about this last night and this morning.

There's a chance that we might not need to break out whatever running game Koetter has been keeping in his back pocket. With our passing game having the potential to wreak havoc on Seattle's probably diminished pass rush and overly eager CB's, we might not need to change much in our offensive approach to what has worked so far this season.

I think Koetter might hold on to the power side of our running game until the NFCCG if he doesn't need it in this divisional round game.

What are your thoughts?

I disagree. Would you use a 50 caliber rifle to go squirrel hunting? No, you would use the right weapon for the job. I have a feeling that Koetter has some things "in the bag" that he's been waiting to use until he needed them. I think we saw flashes of those things in the third quarter of the Saints game when Turner seemed to be running at will.

I disagree. Would you use a 50 caliber rifle to go squirrel hunting? No, you would use the right weapon for the job. I have a feeling that Koetter has some things "in the bag" that he's been waiting to use until he needed them. I think we saw flashes of those things in the third quarter of the Saints game when Turner seemed to be running at will.

After the 1st quarter of that game we had a lot of trouble running the ball. Turner had 12 rushes for 83 yards in the game. In the 1st quarter Turner had 5 rushes for 67 yards. The rest of the game he had 7 rushes for only 16 yards.

The one Ryan INT hurt most in 2nd half. Overall, offense scoring 10 more in 2nd half was enough, defense was making it not enough.

Yeah. That was definitely a bad throw. Not sure why our defense was giving up so many passes in the middle of the field. Perhaps Nolan was compensating for the chance that Wilson could take off and run that he conceded that area knowing that it wouldn't be enough to kill us...?

Play-calling was part of game-plan all week on defense.

Hard to KNOW what Wilson is like and sometimes YOU JUST DONT HAVE the personnel/players to play the way you want to.

It'll be tougher in same ways vs. 49ers but also easier in other senses.

Similar.

It starts with defending the run and the read-option. Pass D is another story.