Browns Hire Panthers Oc As New Hc

Bart2Ryan+beyond

Chud is a dang good OC. He sometimes outsmarts himself though.

I blame his change of offense to the decline of the Panthers for more than half the '12 season. He tried getting fancy, trying to make the read option a base offense for the Panthers and it just didn't work. Every other team knew how to effectively shut it down. Panthers didn't gain steam again until after he went back to a pro style offense with read options just sprinkled in.

Hope he does good things for the Browns. Also hope the new OC keeps the offense the way it was in 2011 , and the way it was toward the end of '12.

I'm disappointed. If Norv comes in, I'd be delighted.

welp brown beet you to it.

After the Cleveland Browns named Carolina offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski as their new head coach Wednesday night, the Browns have already begun adding to their new coaching staff.

According to Peter Schrager of FOX Sports, the Browns are expected to hire former San Diego Chargers head coach Norv Turner as their new offensive coordinator. The Chargers fired Turner on Dec. 31.

Browns Building a good staff.

I still don't get how he's considered a good OC when Panther fans blame the offensive system almost exclusively for their inability to win games the first half of the season. If that's the case then that dude's what kept Carolina from winning 10 or 11 games.

According to Albert Breer of the NFL Network, the Panthers asked permission to interview Bengals assistant coach Hue Jackson for the vacant coordinator job.

The Jets are apparently also interested in talking to Jackson.

UPDATE 3:31 p.m.: Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer reports that former Browns head coach Pat Shurmur is also among the candidates to replace Chudzinski. Shurmur and head coach Ron Rivera worked together in Philadelphia.

I like Hue and that would be a upgrade from Chud.

Shurmur is a WC coach right? No I don't like that for Cam.

Hue is a Coryall guy which fits perfectly.

Hue was well liked here. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. 07 was a bad year to be a falcons coach.

But the players seemed to like him as did the fans.

I still don't get how he's considered a good OC when Panther fans blame the offensive system almost exclusively for their inability to win games the first half of the season. If that's the case then that dude's what kept Carolina from winning 10 or 11 games.

He's a good OC when he is not over-thinking it. He tries to be too cute and gets away from what works.

I am in the Carolinas a lot visiting family and such, and a lot of them are huge Panthers fans. I'm actually staying in North Carolina right now.

Mostly what I'm getting is they (the fans) are pretty excited at this change, and they are hoping they get someone who's aggressive, but doesn't stick to things that aren't working. Apparently, they have had enough of that with John Fox in the past and Chudzinski more recently.

Who knows... They might be a dangerous team next year. They have quite a few weapons on that offense. And, if they can patch a few holes, they could be very good.