Greg Cosell On The Herd

Robb4242

Anybody hear him this morning? Cosell is one of the few guys, that is a regular guest on the Herd, that I respect their opinion. Colin asked near the end of his interview about the Hawks/Falcons matchup and Cosell liked the Falcons because of the WR matchup. He said watching the game film of Seattle's CB's they are not really physical players. They play a man coverage, but not a physical man coverage where they get their hands on the receivers. He said Roddy & JJ were too big and strong and will win their matchups against those corners. He also said in the review of the Redskins/Hawks game that the corners actually didn't do a very good job. On coaches film, the Redskins were running receivers open the entire game, but RGIII's knee injury was one that prevented him from planting his back foot on passes and as a result his throws were high & inaccurate. Glad I'm not the only one who thought that Seattle's CBs were not going to out physical our recievers.

Guest Negatorris

If RG3 had been healthy he would have had a great game against that defense. The Skins could have ran the ball with Morris a lot more, but they kept trying to let RG3 throw it when he obviously could plant his foot and make the correct throws he usually does.

I think it is just a excuse. RG3 played hurt the week prior . Phillip Rivers also tore his knee up in a playoff game looked much better then RG3 this past week. RG3 was just inaccurate and made a bad decision to throw the deep ball . Seahawks were going to win that game with a healthy RG3 . RG3 only had 80 yards passing .

RG didnt completely tear his knee up to the late fumble snap and game was already over

If RG3 had been healthy he would have had a great game against that defense. The Skins could have ran the ball with Morris a lot more, but they kept trying to let RG3 throw it when he obviously could plant his foot and make the correct throws he usually does.

I agree. They were up 14-0 and it was right before that second TD that RG3s knee started to go out. I really think had Shannahan put Cousins in right then and went heavy with Morris and played a traditional offensive style the Skins would of won.

You watch the game? After the series where they scored their second touchdown, RG3 looked nothing like his usual self. He couldn't even muster up enough strength to get the ball to a receiver who was maybe 5 yards away from him.

And the game was already over? Skins were down by a touchdown..hardly out of it.

I agree. They were up 14-0 and it was right before that second TD that RG3s knee started to go out. I really think had Shannahan put Cousins in right then and went heavy with Morris and played a traditional offensive style the Skins would of won.

There is no doubt had Cousins played quarters 2-4, we would be facing the Skins this weekend and have to listen to garbage like the following: "both of the Skins rookie quarterbacks, RG III & Cousins, picked up their first playoff win before Matt Ryan which clearly indicates they are better QB's than Matty Melt..."

I think it is just a excuse. RG3 played hurt the week prior . Phillip Rivers also tore his knee up in a playoff game looked much better then RG3 this past week. RG3 was just inaccurate and made a bad decision to throw the deep ball . Seahawks were going to win that game with a healthy RG3 . RG3 only had 80 yards passing .

RG didnt completely tear his knee up to the late fumble snap and game was already over

RG3 had to have total knee reconstruction on the exact same knee that he tore early in his college career at Baylor.

You watch the game? After the series where they scored their second touchdown, RG3 looked nothing like his usual self. He couldn't even muster up enough strength to get the ball to a receiver who was maybe 5 yards away from him.

And the game was already over? Skins were down by a touchdown..hardly out of it.

RG3 hasn't looked like his old self since he first injured his knee. He suited up vs Dallas and was able to make plays the week before to win NFC EAST . RG3 looked gimpy in that game as well . In last weeks game when he was running to the sidelines and made that pass to Garcon but it was incomplete ..so unless he tore his acl there which I dont believe it happen there and on fumble snap where you can clearly see knee go in opposite direction it was same RG3 that played weeks prior. + add fact it was a terrible football field

There are very few people in sports media that I say this about, but, I take what Greg Cosell says as gospel. He watches and analyzes more film than anyone in the sports world today, possibly of all time. Guy know his stuff. He does a good job at just saying what he sees and not making bold/outrageous predictions.

RG3 had to have total knee reconstruction on the exact same knee that he tore early in his college career at Baylor.

Yep, which makes you question Shanny and one of the best surgeons in the world in James Andrews for taking the risk on franchise player where he clearly was gimpy weeks prior and not same player

The only people that think that the Redskins would've still lost that game if RG3 hadn't got hurt are Seahawk fans. Their delusions of grandeur will end soon. They point out that their offense totally ran over the Redskin D while ignoring the fact that the D had been stuck on the field after several short drives by an offense ran by a crippled QB that could not only not run but not bear weight on his knee to throw an accurate ball. Seattle had the ball over 34 minutes while the Redskins had it only 25 minutes. Bear in mind though, that 11 minutes of the Skins' possession time came in the 1stQ. This means that the Skins only had the ball for 11 of those last 45 minutes. Their D was exhausted but still kept them in the game. Wilson played a good game but he only had to manage the game & not turn over the ball because that was the only way the Skins were going to be able to win that game (get a turnover to set up a score).

Edited by Sidious