One Advantage With Little Mention...

falcndave

We broke an NFL record for fewest penalty flags and yards in a season. Seattle is not nearly as disciplined (21st). For the season Seattle has almost exactly twice as much penalty yardage and twice as many accepted penalties.

That one minor factor is a great starting advantage that Seattle will need to overcome. If they think about it, it hurts their aggression. If they don't, they are spotting us a first down or two on both sides of the ball. It's a small thing, but it is nice advantage to have.

HFA will only enhance this advantage. Force yourself to pay attention during that game. A few called penalties at a bad time can create or squash momentum. I think this will be a big factor during the game.

Hopefully a few false starts due to an extremely pumped crowd too!!

I can not wait! I've been wearing Falcon shirts as under shirts all week to work, wore a Falcon polo on Monday and will wear a jersey tomorrow. Let's go stomp the Seahawks!!!

Edit-some crazy things happen when I type on my phone sometimes.

Browner and Sherman love to use their hands and push a lot down field, so hopefully the refs will keep an eye on those type of things and most importantly call the flags..

Physical DB vs physical WR almost always ends with the refs using the yellow laundry to regain control.

They have cleaned up their act in the latter half of the season Carroll made a stand and was offerring up benching offenders it was so bad.

The key Sunday on penalties will be those corners versus our WRs hopefully the refs will act early on PI just to keep them honest. We are the home team so I'd expect the crowd to help sway the refs a bit in that regard.

The first thing in beating your opponent is not to beat yourself. Falcons don't do that and coaching staff maintains a list with number of penalties, types of penalties called by the officials scheduled for the game. The players are prepared accordingly on what to do and what not to do that week. I am pretty sure TG and RW will act in a way to get flags if they get pushed around.

Edited by falcons007