What's The Meaning Of Your Username Here?

Sergeant

Hello everyone. Thought I'd try a bit of a different thread other than what the media keeps saying about the Falcons before their first playoff game. This is my first topic on the Falcons forum, and during my short time here, I've been curious as to some peoples usernames here and the significance behind them, such as Gritz, Supes, Peyton, etc.

Some of you have easy to understand usernames (FFS1970) but if you want to post the meaning behind it feel free to post it anyways!

I became a fan during the 2007 season (yes, one of our worst seasons ever) because that's when I started playing and understanding football in high school. I've been visiting these boards for about 2 years now, but only recently made an account to post on. The significance of my username is simple: My name is Michael, and I'm a huge Falcons fan. I go by Michael, but I think Mike the Falcon sounds better than Michael the Falcon.

I'll be visiting these boards quite frequently over the next years, so this is also a good way to establish some sort of connection and introduce myself to a lot of you.

So anyways, I look forward to all of your replies, and learning a little bit about yourself and the basis behind your username.

P.S. GO FALCONS!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A multiplicity of meanings, a chemistry reference on the surface, an atom, molecule, or ion with an open electron configuration, and highly reactive. Free thinking, and always willing to consider and react to new ideas and thought. It plays into politics as well, with it being a bit of a joke with myself because in a lot of ways, I'm very neutral, centralist almost. Socially very liberal, economically in the center very much, but seen as far left or right depending on the company, a "radical." A reactive thinker, hardly noble(more double entendres, another chemistry reference), a free radical, and sometimes just radical for short. Pretentious enough for everyone?

I started posting here in the 2004 season. My favorite Falcons player at the time was Keith Brooking. I wanted to be Falconsfan56 but it wouldn't let me so I just added the 7 at the end. I don't use this name on any other message board or sites. Names I've used on other message boards and sites are AUTiger7222 and AUTiger1.

A multiplicity of meanings, a chemistry reference on the surface, an atom, molecule, or ion with an open electron configuration, and highly reactive. Free thinking, and always willing to consider and react to new ideas and thought. It plays into politics as well, with it being a bit of a joke with myself because in a lot of ways, I'm very neutral, centralist almost. Socially very liberal, economically in the center very much, but seen as far left or right depending on the company, a "radical." A reactive thinker, hardly noble(more double entendres, another chemistry reference), a free radical, and sometimes just radical for short. Pretentious enough for everyone?

Needs more references to post modernism. Read Palahniuk.

Avater: from work when im on this board the most

reason: falcons fan

Started: around 2004 or 2005

Why: I like the falcons, Ive hung through the mike vick days with Jerry Glanville , jim mora and his nonsense. I think the hardest years where when vick went to jail and we had joey harrington as qb. but im glad today we can say thats the past and talk about winning games... i also like Rev's post he makes after the games.. but Magnus post where always better dry.png

fi·nal·ly

/ˈfīnl-ē/

Adverb

• After a long time, typically involving difficulty or delay: "he finally arrived".
  • As the last in a series of related events or objects: "a referendum followed by local, legislative, and, finally, presidential elections".

Synonyms

ultimately - at last - eventually - lastly - in the end

I picked it in 2008 after a certain young qb restored my hope for a SB win.

A nickname they call me at work...My last name is Banks. I have an Uncle at the same job. Working at the airport we address each other by our last name, So since me and my Uncle have the same last name.80 is the year I was born...so, there you go...

Edited by babybanks80

Only nickname that really resonated with me for this team was the "grits blitz" D in the very, very late 70's and early 80's...For years on here I went by the full name Gritblitzer, but it wasn't long before most posters were calling me a shortened version....hence Gritz.

It's even on the license tag of my truck now.

A padawan is a member of the Jedi order that is still in training and spends most of their time learning from a master.

A knight is a member of the Jedi order that has spent enough time in training and learning to have mastered their craft enough to no longer need the oversight of a master.

I believe that we should all continue to learn and train throughout our lives. I like to believe that I have become a "master" at learning and training. Hence, the combination of the two names.

Plus, it's fun to see how many people recognize that the name is somewhat of a contradiction.

Before the board meltdown a few years ago, I used to go by SuthernKid. It was a name I used from a rap group my best friend and I tried to start in the mid to late 90's - Suthern Prayaz. My "stage name" was KidLyrical. So, the name was a combination of those.