A Article I Found On Seahawks O-Line - Make Some Noise Sunday

atlbaby

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2012/11/16/they-can-be-taught/

They can be taught

Post by Dave Boling / The News Tribune on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:53 am with 23 Comments »

November 16, 2012 8:53 am

A month or so ago, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll had seen enough. In a team meeting, he went off on the chronic rules violators, called them out, let them know that the bench awaited those who continued to get flagged for penalties.

In the first five games, they’d been flagged and had penalties accepted 44 times for 363 yards. The last five? Just 20 accepted penalties for 159 yards. By game average, the Hawks now are the least penalized in the NFC West at 6.4 per game (SF 6.9, Arizona 7.0, St. Louis 8.2).

According to The Football Database, Hawks tackle Russell Okung is second in the league with 9 penalties (6 false starts and 3 holding), with Breno Giacomini one back at 8, with three of his being from a league-high 3 unnecessary roughness calls. In the last five games, though, Okung has limited his penalties to two false starts (with one hold being declined against the Jets), and Giacomini had a hold against New England, but just one false start in the last four games.

Mike Sando’s ESPN.com NFC West blog has a breakdown of total penalties (accepted and declined) for NFC West teams through 10 weeks. The numbers for Seattle are skewed higher since they have played 10 games and the other three teams have played nine. St. Louis has more than Seattle 84-77, with Arizona at 72 and San Francisco at 67. The breakdown shows a little about the teams. San Francisco does less offensive holding. Seattle has far more false starts (18), and Arizona the worst at pass interference.

Of some interest, I thought, Seattle’s defensive front is very controlled at the snap, with just four penalties combined for offsides and neutral-zone infractions. St. Louis has 11.

Falcons fans make some noise Sunday!

It's nonsense! I shouldn't have to scream 'Stop ******* holdin Abe! Make a d*** call for once!' on a weekly basis. But it seems to be the norm ever since he's been in Atlanta...

It is to the point where I know that is how players are coached to stop him. Its an obvious well known fact you can get away with holding JA55 so much so that they tell players to do it.

They has some delay of game calls in Washington early on where Russell couldn't get his sh*t togehter. I think our dome is going to be rockin. Everyone thinks this kid is so poised and yeah, maybe he is but I'm not sure he's going to be ready for what's coming Sunday.

Edited by Falc_Fan_Since_Six

They has some delay of game calls in Washington early on where Russell couldn't get his sh*t togehter. I think our dome is going to be rockin. Everyone thinks this kid is so poised and yeah, maybe he is but I'm not sure he's going to be ready for what's coming Sunday.

Yep