Predictions And Thoughts On Sunday's Game Vs. Seahawks

TheRidder

I have a good hunch that we come out firing on all cylinders. Tony G deserves this game and a Super Bowl and I feel like every player on this team wants to give it to him. I think Matty Ice wants this game and a Lombardi Trophy like nobody's business. Seahawks are not good losses to the Cards, Phins, and Rams are you serious. We need to blow them out of the dome. My prediction is a 34-10 Falcons win.

Any Thoughts Fellow Falcons Fans?

RISE UP!

My thought are that this team has been waiting since the Giant's disaster in the last playoffs to redeem themselves, and will come out of that tunnel like a pack of madmen on a mission of salvation. I don't think ANY team that ever played in the NFL, including the undefeated 1972 Miami Dolphins, can beat them this Sunday. There is just too much pent up energy waiting to be released this time.

Everyone is talking about Seattle's momentum, but I see a Falcon team that has been riding the momentum curve all season long.

We will NOT BE DENIED this Sunday my friends.

Bold prediction. I tend to disagree given the Hawks haven't lost by more 7 points all season and the D gives up an average of 15. I think the game will be much closer and lower scoring than most predict. IMO, the Hawks ability to run the ball will be the biggest factor. Obviously I like the Hawks to win, but wouldn't be at all surprised if they lose.

21-17 Hawks.

Win or Lose, let's hope the officiating is solid. Good Luck to both Teams and Fans.

My thought are that this team has been waiting since the Giant's disaster in the last playoffs to redeem themselves, and will come out of that tunnel like a pack of madmen on a mission of salvation. I don't think ANY team that ever played in the NFL, including the undefeated 1972 Miami Dolphins, can beat them this Sunday. There is just too much pent up energy waiting to be released this time.

Everyone is talking about Seattle's momentum, but I see a Falcon team that has been riding the momentum curve all season long.

We will NOT BE DENIED this Sunday my friends.

That is exactly what I was thinking.

barring a significant injury (just knocked on wood), i'll be shocked if the Falcons lose Sunday. Not because i think they are, on paper, significantly superior to Seattle, but because this game has been circled on the team's calendar all year long. The 2012 Falcons have shown a consistent ability to play to the level of their competition AND play their best on the biggest stage. Coming into the season, the biggest games were:

- MNF vs Denver

- @ PHI (PHI was picked to be a contender and ATL had a poor history - 2-8 in last 10 - vs the Eagles, + the Vick factor)

- TNF vs New Orleans

- vs NYG (vs defending champs and 1st shot at the Giants since the '11 playoff debacle)

In all four games, the Falcons started very strong and essentially put the game away early. Saints and Broncos both had attempted comebacks but neither ever actually tied or took the lead. PHI and NYG got steamrolled. Peyton throws 2 INTs before everyone had found their seats; Brees has his TD streak snapped and throws 5 INTs; Giants get shut out for the 1st time this century. Atlanta was clearly up for all four of those games and dominated. if they aren't up for the game this Sunday, then we have all been fooled big-time regarding the team's intensity and motivation. While i don't necessarily predict a blowout, i am supremely confident that we're going to get as good a performance as this team is able to muster. And i think ATL's best beats SEA's best.

Bold prediction. I tend to disagree given the Hawks haven't lost by more 7 points all season and the D gives up an average of 15. I think the game will be much closer and lower scoring than most predict. IMO, the Hawks ability to run the ball will be the biggest factor. Obviously I like the Hawks to win, but wouldn't be at all surprised if they lose.

21-17 Hawks.

Win or Lose, let's hope the officiating is solid. Good Luck to both Teams and Fans.

Out of this curiosity, does this mean you hope the officials call your DB's for the umpteen penalties they will commit during the game or does this mean you want the officials to "let them play"?

21-17 Hawks.

I hope it's an injury free game in which the ref's call a perfect game. If that happens, let the best team win. You seem pretty reasonable which is refreshing when you have the a saints and their fans in your division...

I don't know about this one..That Bucs game was very telling. I know they say it didn't mean anything, but it sure displayed the Falcons shortcomings. If I'm Seattle, I'm looking at that tape and planning to exploit those weaknesses. I'm HOPING that's EXACTLY why the Falcons played like that, to mislead Seattle's game planners..IF that's the case, I expect another performance like the Falcons had against the Giants.

I don't know about this one..That Bucs game was very telling. I know they say it didn't mean anything, but it sure displayed the Falcons shortcomings. If I'm Seattle, I'm looking at that tape and planning to exploit those weaknesses. I'm HOPING that's EXACTLY why the Falcons played like that, to mislead Seattle's game planners..IF that's the case, I expect another performance like the Falcons had against the Giants.

I think in the Bucs game having nothing to play for was a big factor and the team seemed to be looking forward to the playoff game ahead.

Out of this curiosity, does this mean you hope the officials call your DB's for the umpteen penalties they will commit during the game or does this mean you want the officials to "let them play"?

Fair point! With our Corners, letting them play is aways preferable. I'm sure you guys saw the hit our safety laid on Vernon Davis as he made a catch along the sidelines? Great hit, a hit that the entire league will use a teach tape on how to dislodge a ball from a receiver. But, during the game it's flagged for 15 yards and first down instead of the Niners punting. Those kind of crappy calls against either team could be the difference between a W or L.

The illegal contact after 5 yards, that's all on the officials. If it impacts the play, by all means flag it.

Fair point! With our Corners, letting them play is aways preferable. I'm sure you guys saw the hit our safety laid on Vernon Davis as he made a catch along the sidelines? Great hit, a hit that the entire league will use a teach tape on how to dislodge a ball from a receiver. But, during the game it's flagged for 15 yards and first down instead of the Niners punting. Those kind of crappy calls against either team could be the difference between a W or L.

The illegal contact after 5 yards, that's all on the officials. If it impacts the play, by all means flag it.

Fair enough. And I wasn't really talking about the big legal hits being penalized but just the illegal contact that I've seen Browner especially get away with. I want to see the game called within the rules, and it is not uncommon to see the mindset among fans that refs should be more lenient in the playoffs. That doesn't make any sense to me. A rule is a rule.

That was a great hit, not sure what the flags were about besides feeling bad for Davis for getting rocked. I only saw it a couple of times but didn't notice leading with helmet or anything along those lines.

That was a great hit, not sure what the flags were about besides feeling bad for Davis for getting rocked. I only saw it a couple of times but didn't notice leading with helmet or anything along those lines.

Perfect, text book hit. Shoulder pad to the chest. Even a few 9er fans had to admit it was clean. (9er fans sound a lot like your Saints fans...)

Perfect, text book hit. Shoulder pad to the chest. Even a few 9er fans had to admit it was clean. (9er fans sound a lot like your Saints fans...)

Yeah, when I first saw the replay and all the flags I was like wtf? Let's hope for a good game from the zebras with no awful calls. We can dream....

Fair enough. And I wasn't really talking about the big legal hits being penalized but just the illegal contact that I've seen Browner especially get away with. I want to see the game called within the rules, and it is not uncommon to see the mindset among fans that refs should be more lenient in the playoffs. That doesn't make any sense to me. A rule is a rule.

They definitely let them play in DC. Garcon and Browner were basically fighting at times. I believe Browner has been called 4 times this season for illegal contact, but I'm not sure about PI's. Sherm's penalty count is very low. It's a shame Sherman talks as much junk as he does and comes across a such a *****. I've met him a few times at charity events, he's a very good guy and really great with the kids. He gave a lot of time to the NFL's Play 60 in our state.

I'm usually very good about avoiding homeresque type posts. That being said, I think the Falcons win, and win big. I expect this Falcons team to come out and score early, and A 34-17 game would not surprise me.

Respecting your opinion on the outcome and that you're expecting a fast start, but how do you see the Falcons scoring 34 on D that hasn't given up anywhere near that total all season? We've faced some great offensive teams like Green Bay, New England and SF (twice). I don't doubt the Falcons can beat the Hawks, I just haven't seen a team score on them like your predicting.

The overall rankings of your team are impressive, but the Seahawks benefited heavily from playing Arizona twice, St. Louis twice, Bills, Dolphins, and Jets. Cupcake teams. You also were fortunate to play the Packers and Patriots at the beginning of the season before they hit their stride.

Last week you lost your leading pass rusher. He accounts for 11.5 of your 36 sacks and 3 of your forced fumbles. That's production that isn't going to be easy to replace. Everyone keeps saying Irvin is going to step up... he had 8 sacks. Those two accounted for over half your sacks, and you just lost one. Your pass rush is in dire straits. So either A, you only send 4, and don't get to Matt Ryan who will then pick on Browner(imo), or B, you will blitz, and Matt Ryan will hit Gonzalez over the middle... over... and over... and over. I'll even tell you how it's going to look(I've seen it 75+ times this season). He'll hit Gonzalez, who you'll watch and say "OMG he's slow, wrap him up", as he takes a step back, making the defender miss, and then goes forward for an additional 3-4 yards.

There's also the fact that as great as you guys have been at the end of the season, again, it's been for the most part, cupcake teams, and 3 of your last 4 were at home. You guys were 3-5 on the road this season.

And finally, you will be going against Roddy White and Julio Jones. The closest you guys have matched up against like this before would be Brandon Marshall(just 1 guy) and he had a heck of a day, and then Calvin Johnson, Titus Young ate you up.

I've looked at each possible matchup from the end of the regular season, and since Week 17, THIS is the game I wanted. Not Minnesota, not Washington, I wanted Seattle to fly to Washington, win, fly back to Seattle, then fly to Atlanta. Why? Because as much as I want this team to win the Super Bowl, I want them to win this playoff game first. Your team doesn't scare me. We've played many teams that scared me more than the Seahawks this season.

The overall rankings of your team are impressive, but the Seahawks benefited heavily from playing Arizona twice, St. Louis twice, Bills, Dolphins, and Jets. Cupcake teams. You also were fortunate to play the Packers and Patriots at the beginning of the season before they hit their stride.

Last week you lost your leading pass rusher. He accounts for 11.5 of your 36 sacks and 3 of your forced fumbles. That's production that isn't going to be easy to replace. Everyone keeps saying Irvin is going to step up... he had 8 sacks. Those two accounted for over half your sacks, and you just lost one. Your pass rush is in dire straits. So either A, you only send 4, and don't get to Matt Ryan who will then pick on Browner(imo), or B, you will blitz, and Matt Ryan will hit Gonzalez over the middle... over... and over... and over. I'll even tell you how it's going to look(I've seen it 75+ times this season). He'll hit Gonzalez, who you'll watch and say "OMG he's slow, wrap him up", as he takes a step back, and then goes forward for an additional 3-4 years.

There's also the fact that as great as you guys have been at the end of the season, again, it's been for the most part, cupcake teams, and 3 of your last 4 were at home. You guys were 3-5 on the road this season.

And finally, you will be going against Roddy White and Julio Jones. The closest you guys have matched up against like this before would be Brandon Marshall(just 1 guy) and he had a heck of a day, and then Calvin Johnson, Titus Young ate you up.

I've looked at each possible matchup from the end of the regular season, and since Week 17, THIS is the game I wanted. Not Minnesota, not Washington, I wanted Seattle to fly to Washington, win, fly back to Seattle, then fly to Atlanta. Why? Because as much as I want this team to win the Super Bowl, I want them to win this playoff game first. Your team doesn't scare me. We've played many teams that scared me more than the Seahawks this season.

Good points, particularly on Gonzalez ~ our rookie LB's will have their hands full for sure. Losing Clem hurts, no doubt about it. Irvin collected his sacks playing about 40% of the D snaps, time to see what the Rook can do playing the entire game. I wouldn't hate on the Rams, they are legit. Bills, Cards et, sure their terrible, but still NFL teams. You can only play who they schedule you against. btw - the Falcons played a soft schedule by any measurement.

If Bradley sit's back (as usual) I think we're in for a longer day than we would like. If he brings pressure, I think you'll come away with an appreciation for the over speed of our D and coverage ability. The Hawks have been very good all season at shutting down a component of an offensive game plan and forcing them in a one dimensional attack. Their also very good (best in the league) and preventing teams from scoring. Like you, the match up that scares no one was with the Falcons, regardless of the distance. I disagree a bit, I think it will be a closer game than either set of Homers predicts.