The Time Is Now

The Mattural

I have already burned a vacation day tomorrow to start my weekend off right with some grilling and a few beers smile.png. I am so pumped for the game Sunday but also so very nervous. I don't think I can handle a one and done again, I will always cheer for my Falcons no matter what but the time is now that we rise up and get to the super bowl. We have such talent and great coaching we have zero excuses! Let's Go ATL!

I am very confident we get it done starting Sunday. The main reasons are pride and ego. As much as we're all sick of this "one and done" crap you gotta believe they're even sicker of it. They see, hear and read it just like we do and they don't want to listen to another year of it. If you think we got doubters now, we lose another one and even more will climb on if that's even possible. Some players have contract renewals coming. They want their agent to have as much negotiating power as possible. Some will become free agents. Same with them. Yes and of course they want the "Lomabrdi" and the rings. Forget the extra money for postseason. That's "chump change" to the higher paid players. These guys would like to get some of that endorsement exposure and money like Manning, Rodgers, Cruz, Jennings and others. And it's also gotta be in their minds that how they finish will have a bearing on their team status next year. Also, another loss will most definitely put Smitty on the hot seat.

I am very confident we get it done starting Sunday. The main reasons are pride and ego. As much as we're all sick of this "one and done" crap you gotta believe they're even sicker of it. They see, hear and read it just like we do and they don't want to listen to another year of it. If you think we got doubters now, we lose another one and even more will climb on if that's even possible. Some players have contract renewals coming. They want their agent to have as much negotiating power as possible. Some will become free agents. Same with them. Yes and of course they want the "Lomabrdi" and the rings. Forget the extra money for postseason. That's "chump change" to the higher paid players. These guys would like to get some of that endorsement exposure and money like Manning, Rodgers, Cruz, Jennings and others. And it's also gotta be in their minds that how they finish will have a bearing on their team status next year. Also, another loss will most definitely put Smitty on the hot seat.

I really hope you're right , what kills me is after games we lose you see guys smiling and laughing etc... Not everyone does it but you've seen it all over pro sports and it annoys the heck out of me. In high school after I lost I wasn't high fiving and joking around , granted I didn't just make thousands of dollars for playing a game. I just want to see us come out fired the F up and score right out of the gate.

Im with you there bro, I am so amped for this game I have been living online searching for anything to do with our team.

I understand how you feel about another loss too, I had a dream a couple nights ago that we lost by like ten and my heart literally stopped, it was worse than getting your heart broken during puberty. I tried to ignore it and distract myself but I couldnt (last year as soon as we lost to NY I ran for like an hour in the freezing cold).

When I woke up I was so happy it was a dream and since then I just want Sunday to get here so I can get the monkey off my back too.

Im with you there bro, I am so amped for this game I have been living online searching for anything to do with our team.

I understand how you feel about another loss too, I had a dream a couple nights ago that we lost by like ten and my heart literally stopped, it was worse than getting your heart broken during puberty. I tried to ignore it and distract myself but I couldnt (last year as soon as we lost to NY I ran for like an hour in the freezing cold).

When I woke up I was so happy it was a dream and since then I just want Sunday to get here so I can get the monkey off my back too.

Lol I totally feel ya , I always get crap from co workers saying i'm a weirdo for taking a game so seriously but whatever. I don't let it run my life but i'm very passionate and competitive about supporting my team and I respect others who are the same. I can't stand the guys who don't even watch the team they claim to be a fan of but love to talk smack if said team beats yours.

Not too wild about about the trolls that show up here either. We've had a few of the "Waterbuzzards" trolls this week and they'll hopefull stay on their own sites.

Agree, sad thing is I bet a few of the trolls that supposedly come from other teams are the dedicated losers on this board who claim to be falcons fans. Not saying we don't get our usual trolls from other teams I just wouldn't be at all surprised if some of them were regular trolls on here looking for more attention , most of them have real mental disorders and it's not a reach for this to be true.

Agree, sad thing is I bet a few of the trolls that supposedly come from other teams are the dedicated losers on this board who claim to be falcons fans. Not saying we don't get our usual trolls from other teams I just wouldn't be at all surprised if some of them were regular trolls on here looking for more attention , most of them have real mental disorders and it's not a reach for this to be true.

I have wondered the same myself. It's obvious some are punk 12 year olds. Did notice at least one Seattle fan here yesterday that was adult and intelligent and wasn't trying to stir up chit. Best policy is to ignore trolls.

I have wondered the same myself. It's obvious some are punk 12 year olds. Did notice at least one Seattle fan here yesterday that was adult and intelligent and wasn't trying to stir up chit. Best policy is to ignore trolls.

Definitely , problem is people will always respond to them. I usually only respond with pictures and just point and laugh at them. I never take them seriously or care about their opinions. The best is the trolls who claim to be fans and everyone else is in the wrong , #1 pick is one who plays a race card anytime someone calls him out it's quite funny and sad at the same time.

The time is now and Gonzalez is making sure the Falcons know that. I hope his 95% serves as motivation. Even if he comes back for another year the playoffs are not guaranteed.

Absolutely. He and some of the older veterans not gonna get many more chances if any. I hope all players consider that as well.

I am nervous and anxious also. I am ready for Sunday to hurry up and come. I have never been this hyped up over a football game before. I just hope they play loose. ESPN wants badly for the Seahawks to win. Time for the Falcons to resi up.

We don't have any excuses either , we have the talent and coaches to get it done. I just pray that if we get a lead Coach Smith doesn't start running Turner for no gains and we play to hold the lead. We need to get ahead and keep slinging the ball if that's what got us ahead in the first place.

We don't have any excuses either , we have the talent and coaches to get it done. I just pray that if we get a lead Coach Smith doesn't start running Turner for no gains and we play to hold the lead. We need to get ahead and keep slinging the ball if that's what got us ahead in the first place.

I don't see coach Smith being conservative once we get a lead. I think he knows that they need to run up the score. Or at least that is what I am hoping he is thinking. Shut down Lynch and protect Ryan and it should be a blowout.

I hope they have some double moves in for Julio.

I don't see coach Smith being conservative once we get a lead. I think he knows that they need to run up the score. Or at least that is what I am hoping he is thinking. Shut down Lynch and protect Ryan and it should be a blowout.

I hope they have some double moves in for Julio.

I would be very surprised if we blow them out but obviously that would be amazing. I see us winning by a TD maybe, I just can't be too confident considering how our last playoffs have gone. I realize it's a different team with better coaching but i'm not gonna get my hopes up and expect a beat down.