Brian Billick On Mike And Mike

SwampyMux12

Just wanted to share with you guys, caught it on my way to work...

Said that this is a very intriguing matchup as you have to diametrically built teams going up against one another. Said that Seattle is very big, physical on both sides of the ball (obviously), where as Atlanta is smaller, but speedier. Said that Seattle is going to try to take Julio and Roddy out of the game, but where we have a decided advantage is with Tony, HD and Quizz underneath. Gave props to our defense saying that we are "smallish" but he hasn't seen another defense this year that swarms to the ball as well as we do. Said Nolan would be putting 8,9,10 (sneaking 13,14) guys in the box to stop the run.

His biggest thing was he said it was a "travesty" that Seattle was being asked to play a game at an "unnatural" time. Said that it was unfair and that the NFL should have done something about it seeing that they are the only one in 4 games that are being asked to do that.

I got the feeling that if he could make a pick on the game he would go Atlanta, you could definitely feel him leaning that way.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be BS if the NFL moved the Seattle game just because they're west coast.

Exactly. Homefield ADVANTAGE.

If the NFL allowed West Coast teams to play 4 pm EST regular season games, then he may have a point. But the schedule places SEA at the same disadvantage every West Coast team plays with when they travel East.

I truly hope that SEA doesn't play flat or sloppy or in some kind of way that can be attributedto Jet Lag or playing at 10 am their time. I can already hear the "Atlanta only one because they were playing at lunch time and SEA was playing at breakfast" lol

Exactly. Homefield ADVANTAGE.

If the NFL allowed West Coast teams to play 4 pm EST regular season games, then he may have a point. But the schedule places SEA at the same disadvantage every West Coast team plays with when they travel East.

I truly hope that SEA doesn't play flat or sloppy or in some kind of way that can be attributedto Jet Lag or playing at 10 am their time. I can already hear the "Atlanta only one because they were playing at lunch time and SEA was playing at breakfast" lol

But the thing is, east coast teams are at an unfair advantage. None of these teams play at 10am their time. IMO, all playoff games should have start times of 4 and 7(or 8), so as not to put an extra burden on one team or another. You guys have homefield advantage, and we have to play against that. Having to get the team up at a time other teams out east don't have to is not fair.

But the thing is, east coast teams are at an unfair advantage. None of these teams play at 10am their time. IMO, all playoff games should have start times of 4 and 7(or 8), so as not to put an extra burden on one team or another. You guys have homefield advantage, and we have to play against that. Having to get the team up at a time other teams out east don't have to is not fair.

Home-field advantage itself is necessarily not "fair". Fair would be putting the game at a neutral site. The reality is that the Seahawks are a wild card team and therefore have to play a game away at the #1 seed at a time that is normal for that team to be playing a game. Win your division and get home-field or else face the consequences.

Falcons had to play out west in the playoffs in 2008 on a Saturday against a team with a worse record. You guys also got to host a playoff game a couple years ago despite having a losing record, so I just have a hard time finding any sympathy.

Home-field advantage itself is necessarily not "fair". Fair would be putting the game at a neutral site. The reality is that the Seahawks are a wild card team and therefore have to play a game away at the #1 seed at a time that is normal for that team to be playing a game. Win your division and get home-field or else face the consequences.

Falcons had to play out west in the playoffs in 2008 on a Saturday against a team with a worse record. You guys also got to host a playoff game a couple years ago despite having a losing record, so I just have a hard time finding any sympathy.

Bingo.

I'm not arguing records, or where the game should be played. I'm saying this rule is singling out west coast teams for a disadvantage not privy to teams from the east coast.

Every team is subject to earning a #1 seed, or playing at one. What they are not all subject to is waking up at 5 am to prepare for a game.

BTW, I'm from Michigan, so 1pm doesn't affect me in the least. However, the NFL does need to take into consideration not only the teams, but the west coast fans, as well. To me, 10 am is far too early to get trashed, and eat wings. I'm usually just wiping the sleep out of my eyes by that time.

Edited by FullMetal

Nevermind, I just checked nfl.com. They do have the game scheduled for 1pm. If i'm not mistaken Fox advertised the game to begin at 12pm right after the D.C./Seattle game.

I saw it advertised as a 12pm too... Had me really confused. But NFL.com and AF.com both show it as 1pm, which makes more sense anyways.

Maybe they just want to make sure fans get their ***** in the seats on time!

The rotation and time slots along with the schedules have been set for some time...this was not just recently done...look ahead and see where you want to be and then navigate that way. Obviously, Mike Smith and team did this, Pete Carroll didn't...so, it must be delt with, as it is!

I would have loved to have had the saturday night game here in the A, but, Subay at 1:00pm is fine. The ugliest slot would have been Sunday at 4:30pm, IMO.

Me, I would not look forward to getting a bttu whoping at 10:00am in the morning, just after brunch and mimosa's...lol

Rise up!!