2013 Free Agents That Could Help Atlanta

Kayoh

I'm just going to list the top 5 guys at positions of need that could be contributors for us.

Key

^ = player could demand more money than we can afford due to cap issues

* = player is somewhat under the radar and could be a solid starter for us

~ = player hasn't had a huge sample but has shown starting potential

R = restricted free agent & not guaranteed to be hitting the FA market

RB-

Joique Bell*R

Mike Goodson~

Isaac Redman*R

Justin Forsett~

Chris Ivory*R

TE-

Martellus Bennett*

Anthony Fasano*

Steve Maneri~R

Fred Davis*

Jared Cook*

OT-

Ryan Clady^

Gosder Cherilus^

William Beatty^

Branden Albert*

Sebastian Vollmer^

G-

Brandon Moore^

Andy Levitre^

Louis Vasquez^

Donald Thomas~

Geoff Schwartz*

DE-

Michael Bennett^

Israel Idonije^

Michael Johnson^

Junior Galette~

Trevor Scott~

DT-

Desmond Bryant*

Henry Melton^

Sammie Lee Hill*

Jason Jones*

Terrance Knighton~

CB-(just in case we don't re-sign grimes, robinson or mcclain)

Adam Jones^

Greg Toler*

Tony Carter*

Darius Butler*

Philip Adams~R

I would like to add JAX Derek Cox to the CB list...he' s had injury problems early in his career but he has been very effective when he plays

Good Size: 6'1" 195lb

Good Ball Skills: 12ints in 3yrs

Good Coverage Skills: Was allowing something like 35% pass completion his 3rd year before getting injured( granted the JAX D-line was playing better that year)

Should come cheap due to the injuries.

Edited by SBorBust

Good list, but I don't think the DE list is complete without mentioning Cliff Avril, Dwight Freeney, and Osi Umenyiora. Even if we don't necessarily have the cap or interest to sign one of these guys they could be large players in the FA market and change the value of the other players.

I would also personally add Randy Starks to the DT list.

I'll take Goeff Schwartz, Jared Cook/Matellus Bennett, and also Daryl Smith LB from the Jaguars please.

I really like the idea of signing Bennett to a one-two year deal and addressing TE in next year's draft. Austin Seferian-Jenkins is going to a beast TE in the NFL from Washington:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=119337&draftyear=2015&genpos=TE

I would rather spend a 1st on him than any TE in this draft. I also love CJ Fiedorowicz from Iowa who is being hamstrung by a horrible QB situation. He'll likely be available later due to the QB situation and playing on Iowa out of the spotlight. "his physical traits and natural athleticism are rare for a player his size (holds high school basketball record for career points) and the sky is the limit for the talented tight end. "

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=107297&draftyear=2014&genpos=TE

I really like the idea of signing Bennett to a one-two year deal and addressing TE in next year's draft. Austin Seferian-Jenkins is going to a beast TE in the NFL from Washington:

http://www.nfldrafts...=2015&genpos=TE

I would rather spend a 1st on him than any TE in this draft. I also love CJ Fiedorowicz from Iowa who is being hamstrung by a horrible QB situation. He'll likely be available later due to the QB situation and playing on Iowa out of the spotlight. "his physical traits and natural athleticism are rare for a player his size (holds high school basketball record for career points) and the sky is the limit for the talented tight end. "

http://www.nfldrafts...=2014&genpos=TE

Isn't that Seferian-Jenkins guy the TE that's supposed to be a top 10 pick next year?

I went to Iowa, CJ was a small bright spot for us this year. Iowa is known for producing good but they don't usually get drafted highly. I wouldn't say they are generally game changes in the NFL outside of a few, usually consistent guys though.

Dallas Clark

Scott Chandler

Tony Moeaki

Brandon Myers

Brad Herman

Allen Reisner

I do like Bennett too, he has done well with the NYG.

Isn't that Seferian-Jenkins guy the TE that's supposed to be a top 10 pick next year?

I went to Iowa, CJ was a small bright spot for us this year. Iowa is known for producing good but they don't usually get drafted highly. I wouldn't say they are generally game changes in the NFL outside of a few, usually consistent guys though.

Dallas Clark

Scott Chandler

Tony Moeaki

Brandon Myers

Brad Herman

Allen Reisner

I do like Bennett too, he has done well with the NYG.

Yes ASJ is supposed to be a Top 20 pick, Top 10 is too high because he isn't going to crush the combine like Vernon Davis. I'd say 20-32 is more accurate for that. He'll get mocked sooner because people will say this team needs a TE and take him, but TEs tend to fall. Gronk went in the 2nd, Graham in the 3rd. Fleener went in the 2nd, and I don't think we'll see a TE taken this year until the 2nd again. ASJ will probably change that, and he'd be worth a small move up in the draft to make it happen. He could be TG for Matt Ryan for the entirety of their careers.