92.9 The Game

Jen

Is it just me or do these guys seem to hate Atlanta?

I mean I don't listen to the station much, but it feels like every time I check it out all I'm hearing about is why Atlanta is going to lose the next game they play. Kordell talks like he hates being here.

I feel like 680 and 790 get the job with our market. Not sure why these guys are needed.

Is this just me? Maybe I'm not listening at the right times?

I'd avoid the 2-6pm show. I actually think Jerome & Jamie (10-2) are decent and the other shows are decent too. The clowns at 2-6 aren't from here, don't know the team well and it's obvious, yet do the most to be critical of the team to boost ratings. Kordell is the worst. For a former player he's awful and does nothing but say a bunch of cliche BS without pointing to anything to back it up and when he tries he's completely off base. It's obvious he doesn't watch our team and it's pretty lazy.

Unfortunately I think their attempt to stir the pot will have the desired effect. So many folks I follow were upset on twitter and I'm not sure why they keep listening.

Guest Regular Guy

I'd avoid the 2-6pm show. I actually think Jerome & Jamie (10-2) are decent and the other shows are decent too. The clowns at 2-6 aren't from here, don't know the team well and it's obvious, yet do the most to be critical of the team to boost ratings. Kordell is the worst. For a former player he's awful and does nothing but say a bunch of cliche BS without pointing to anything to back it up and when he tries he's completely off base. It's obvious he doesn't watch our team and it's pretty lazy.

Unfortunately I think their attempt to stir the pot will have the desired effect. So many folks I follow were upset on twitter and I'm not sure why they keep listening.

I listen to them daily and call in sometimes. I like Jerome, Jamie still hates the Falcons despite them giving him a paycheck for 7 years.

One thing about this station is they do a terrible job screening phone calls and tend to get a lot of idiots on the air. With that said I've called several times and been on the air too, soo.... Jerome & Jamie have lightened up on the Falcons but Kordell is a Falcon hating tool. I did get in an argument with him on the air about the Falcons being "lucky vs good" when we were like 11-1. The guy is an idiot and doesn't add much to the conversation.

This.

I like 92.9 better than 680, 790 and ESPNR though.

I really dislike the commentary on that station. It seems they hired a New England homer, a bear homer, a Minnesota homer, and I think a Jet homer to provide entertainment in the Falcons market. They all hate on the Falcons pretty badly-its just like you hear on NFL Net and ESPN. The hate really doesnt bother me, but one would think an Atlanta station would be a little more loyal to the home market. And that guy that does the news flashes, with those stupid cliche statements every other sentence really gets on my nerves. I like 680, at least they have Fin and Chuck, Chernov, Buck and Kincaid actually realize what market they are in, even though Kincaid is a Philly homer.

I really dislike the commentary on that station. It seems they hired a New England homer, a bear homer, a Minnesota homer, and I think a Jet homer to provide entertainment in the Falcons market. They all hate on the Falcons pretty badly-its just like you hear on NFL Net and ESPN. The hate really doesnt bother me, but one would think an Atlanta station would be a little more loyal to the home market. And that guy that does the news flashes, with those stupid cliche statements every other sentence really gets on my nerves. I like 680, at least they have Fin and Chuck, Chernov, Buck and Kincaid actually realize what market they are in, even though Kincaid is a Philly homer.

I'm with you on that, I have to change the station everytime he comes on. That is horrible.

I listened to the station the second day it was on air. I was on the road for a few hours, so tuned them in. they spent as much time talking with the people who own the restaurant in the building where'd they'd all gone to eat the night before as they did talking about any sports stuff. pretty much killed it for me right there. haven't listened to them since, have no plans to purposely tune them in again any time in the near future

Mac and Jason are excellent from 6 to 10. Some of their callers are embarrassing. They want you to bring substance to the conversation. Stop talking about silly storylines and break down the game. They challenge their listeners. I like it. Some don't get it.

I agree.... I like Mac and Jason as well. they are very objective and some of the callers are embarrassing. I don't like the 2-6 show either. Kordell is about as stupid as his wife. His wife is so slow she actually thought it was 265 days in a year. I'm serious to..lol

I listened to the station the second day it was on air. I was on the road for a few hours, so tuned them in. they spent as much time talking with the people who own the restaurant in the building where'd they'd all gone to eat the night before as they did talking about any sports stuff. pretty much killed it for me right there. haven't listened to them since, have no plans to purposely tune them in again any time in the near future

I tuned them earlier when they launched but not much talk about Falcons either. I doubt if they know this team at all. never listened to them after the first couple of times.

Edited by falcons007