Why Isn't Our Secondary Getting Attention?

167 tackles 2-FF -10ints (Falcons Safeties)

151 tackles 2-FF 3-ints (Seahawks Safeties)

116 tackles- 1-FF-6 ints-27 PD's (Falcons starting cb's)

108 tackles- 6FF- 11ints-30 PD's (Seahawks starting cb's)

This shows that the gap between secondaries is not that big plus the NFC South alone have Qbs way more capable than the NFC West QBs.

This shows that the gap between secondaries is not that big plus the NFC South alone have Qbs way more capable than the NFC West QBs.

I agree. If you add the nickel backs in it's even closer:

ATL - 323 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 17 INTs, 53 PDs, 2 FFs, 4 FRs

SEA - 293 tackles, 1.0 sacks, 14 INTs, 45 PDs, 9 FFs, 6 FRs

You can argue that our secondary is better in coverage and blitzing. They can force and recover fumbles with the best of em though.

the answer is simple man ... We are the Atlanta Falcons ... the underdogs .. remember no expert in our league likes us nor do they believe in us .. which brings up the question .. why ... what the h*ll did we do to them that was so bad that they always have to down us no matter how good we are doing .. we can be 14-2 and they will stay say oh .. they still aren't "good" enough ..

.. which brings up the question .. why ... what the h*ll did we do to them that was so bad that they always have to down us no matter how good we are doing ....

I don't know this for a fact, but I would bet that we rank below Seattle in gear sales. We likely generate less revenue for The Shield. Therefore, the NFL and those who suckle off the NFL teat, do not want to see us advance. They want teams with more wide-spread and dedicated fan bases to advance. Those team's fans will buy more playoff-related gear than Falcon fans will, thus generating more revenue.

The other teams are more media-friendly and media-savvy, and so networks promote them more aggressively, because they generate more revenue via higher ratings. I will bet good money that our game has far and away the lowest ratings this weekend.

In short: why does the media and even the NFL give us a cold shoulder?

bling-bling.-dollar-symbol-in-diamonds.-thumb12262491.jpg

the answer is simple man ... We are the Atlanta Falcons ... the underdogs .. remember no expert in our league likes us nor do they believe in us .. which brings up the question .. why ... what the h*ll did we do to them that was so bad that they always have to down us no matter how good we are doing .. we can be 14-2 and they will stay say oh .. they still aren't "good" enough ..

It boils down to marketability. It pains me to say it and at the time I would not admit it, but during the Vick era, the Falcons were the most over-hyped team in the history of sports. He was so polarizing that we would lead off Sportscenter every Sunday/Monday during football season.

The NFL is selling the seahawks, we are not the seahawks.

The Seahawks are a safe team to root for if you are outside Atlanta...if they lose this weekend, they had a great year and their team and coaches did a great job. Pete has turned the team around and it has a lot of upside...Conversely, Atlanta has become boring (not being negative in the least) with the number of games won during the season, the entire football world knows this...IT AIN'T ENOUGHT now ( we all agree, thus we would not want a Lombardi )...when winning at one level is the norm (which it is with the falcons), you have to advance to the next level to continue to garner the intrest of individuals and groups outside of your own circle, and this is where the falcons are at this point in time. The football world is waiting on them to ascend into the upper echelon of teams and the National audiance is losing patience awaiting their arrival (several years of waiting). Regardless of what some think, the National Media and the basic football fanbase both local and national is impatient with the birds at the moment and are hoping that the next step is taken this year...less the alternative postualtion - they have reached thier "peter principled" moment. So the deemed lack of national respect is nothing short of a loud message to the Falcons, which is; "come on already" we have waited long enough and our patience is limited. Why are you so reluctant to accept the challenge, to embrace the committment to excel and to take the leap to the next level? Are you scared?, or are you ready? We shall see this coming sunday, 01/13/13 at 1300 hrs, est...

Think of it this way...all other conferences have their darlings, except for the NFC South, we tend to vasilate between teams as to whom proclains to be the best...the only thing Atl needs to do to decide the argument for the forseeable future is win in the playoffs!! Once they find the formula for doing this, then they WILL be accepted into the "Boys Club!"

If you want something, screw asking for it, cause you won't get it! You have to go and take it! But understand this...their will be bumps and bruises along the way (we have many all ready), no pain, no gain!! Our suffering has to end this year...

Winning the Superbowl this year, in the yard of your division rival, would be a monumental feat in the football world and the story will resonate throughout the football world for years to come. Talk about national exposure, this would present the motherload and the benefits of the accomplishment would be unfathomable for this franchise and our city...winning the game is more that just the trophy...this years Superbowl event for the Falcons, is about our team and our city's legacy. IT IS FRIGGING HUGE!

Atlanta Falcons remember this, the last Sherman to come into Atlanta with a national agenda (cival war for you youg birds) torched us! We must not allow this to happen again...This Sunday, we are asking Roddy, Julio, Tony, HD and Matt Ryan to take care of this Seahagg Sherman dude and avenge our city!

Sherman, meet our Field General, Matt Ryan!

Seahawks, "frankly my dear, we don't give a ****!!"

Rise up!!

Edited by Falcons Talon

Because they rarely throw the ball. The throws that Wilson does make are screens and check downs. Stopping the run is the key, not our secondary.

Guest Negatorris

Maybe because they are midgets? LOL Seriously man... come on..ave heigt 5 foot ten inches? a couple at 5' 9 "

Our DBs range from 6' 2" - 6' 4" averaging 220 lbs a couple 4.4s

Your DBs are seriously undersized.

Undersized, yet playing as well as any secondary in the league, right? If you think size is all that matters for a DB, then you have a lot to learn about football.

Because they rarely throw the ball. The throws that Wilson does make are screens and check downs. Stopping the run is the key, not our secondary.

I agree russell barely throws the ball over 200 yds usually like for a td

RW- has a little over 3000 yds they are a run first team thru and thru, the best thing about RW to me is he is pretty smart with the football, he dont throw many INTs, but he also dont take many chances. if we do stop the run or get out to a big lead it will be a long day for him

The only media notes they have are about our offense, its been this way all year. All of our star players play offense. We may look at our defensive players as great but they dont. Its been frustrating me all season because after games when Matt Ryan struggled all they focused on was how we narrowly escaped instead of the fact that our defense played lights out and won us the game.

I will never forget the Saints game after we had 5 picks an dominated Brees I couldnt wait to see Moore or Decoud get some postgame interviews. Nope, it was Ryan.....again, and Tony, both after a very mediocre performance. thats when I realized the media doesnt know anything about our team outside of our "weapons" on offense.