I Have A Very Good Feeling About This

Vicious

I haven't had this strong of a feeling about anything this since I called us beating the Broncos earlier in the season. Maybe calling the Giants game comes close, but I have a sneaky suspicion that Michael Turner is going to have the game of his life. I am the furthest thing from a Turner hugger, as I have been calling him out for his lackluster play over the last two seasons many of times. I think that Seattle will be so caught up with defending the pass that Koetter is going to try and catch them off guard with a power running attack, and I think Turner is going to run with some authority.

I truly believe that Seattle is going to sleep on the running game, and DK is going to exploit it. This is going to open up the play action, and that "vaunted" backfield of the Seahawks is going to look pedestrian. Our number 2 wr is a number 1 on every other team, and then you still have to defend Gonzalez and the plethora of screens to Rodgers. They like to talk about how "physical" their corners are, but they fail to see how "physical" Rowdy White and JJ are. It's easy to be physical against 180-190lb receivers. See how that works out with two 215lb+ receivers. They won't have the benefit of having a one legged quarterback hampering this offense.

I've been checking out their boards, and they seem to be underestimating the Falcons' D pretty badly. Boy are they in for a rude awakening. I'm not saying they won't be able to rack up some yards, but they darn sure aren't going to score a ton. Samuels is going to bait RW into a few picks, and Ryan and Co will force them out of their gameplan to run early by forcing them to play catchup. This will only feed into the strength of the D by forcing the rook to throw it more. If they get down 14-0 against Atl at the dome.....cool.png

My fearless prediction: Atl 27 - Sea 17

35-14.

Lynch gets himself a TD and Wilson gets one towards the end of the game, once it's gotten out of hand. I think WIlson throws for like 250 a TD and 2 Ints. I just can't see him being very successful against us in the air.

Ryan will throw for 3. Then Turner and Quizz both get one.

Edited by cnasty

I think their fans are going to be in shock when Ryan throws up 300+ yards and 2+ tds. They haven't faced a decent QB with the receiving core we have since the first few games of the year. This could explain their receiving D looking better than I think it really is.

I think that Turner will have a solid game, but I honestly believe the Seahawks secondary will not be able to cover our receivers. Talented secondaries have NOT given us problems this year (see: philly, dallas, new york), but talented pass rushes have (see: carolina, arizona, etc.)

The interior oline will have to step up because SEA has some solid DTs, but if Ryan has a clean pocket he will pick them apart to the tune of 300 yds 70% comp that we've seen from him week after week this year.

I would love to see us come out and hit them in the mouth just like we did to the saints on that Thursday night game. Where the heck is that running game at?

Also I really wanna see us differ and get the ball in the 2nd half.

I was just thinking about that game....it felt like 2010 all over again. Honestly if we come out running the ball, punching them in the mouth we should build up a little lead maybe 14-0. Then start throwing the ball,they won't be able to catch up. I think they're going to be focusing to much on covering JJ and RD that they are going to forget about TG.... his going to have a awesome day working the middle of the field. Plus they have to think about Harry Douglass...and quiz out in the backfield. No team has shutdown our offense even in the games we lost this year, we were simply beating ourselves. RW is throwing a pick or 2 count on it.

I think that Turner will have a solid game, but I honestly believe the Seahawks secondary will not be able to cover our receivers. Talented secondaries have NOT given us problems this year (see: philly, dallas, new york), but talented pass rushes have (see: carolina, arizona, etc.)

The interior oline will have to step up because SEA has some solid DTs, but if Ryan has a clean pocket he will pick them apart to the tune of 300 yds 70% comp that we've seen from him week after week this year.

And they don't have clemsons...so that's a plus. Ryan doesn't respond well to in your face pressure that's when the throws get pretty ugly. But like you said if the oline keeps that pocket clean Ryan can make the throws, and trust JJ and Roddy will catch them, I think their secondary is overrated.dry.png

No, we turned the ball over 2x in the 2nd qtr and the "D" couldn't get Rodgers off the field...MT came to play the score took him out.

Never having fewer than 10 tds is a track record that speak for itself.

I'm here with you on this Toker. MT did come to play in that game, but Falcons got tore up quick by GB. I've been critical of Turner's play but I really feel MT will be a huge factor in the playoffs. He's been a great player for the Falcons and I think he pulls out everything he has left for this playoff.

I don't know if I buy into the Turner theory yet. I've had it in other games and wound up looking silly. '

I'll say this though, if we can establish him early, the Seahawks are done. I don't mean we will win, I mean we will truck them. If we run effective early, it's time for an analogy.

"The Falcons are on a train headed for New Orleans, and the Seahawks are tied to the tracks!

Now, I don't think it will happen. I think we will have to pass all day. If Ryan survives, we win late on a classic Ryan comeback. If he doesn't....just reverse my analogy.

In short, I hope you are right...and I am very wrong. If Turner has such a big day that the dome is chanting "Tur-ner...Tur-ner...Tur-ner" I'll be as happy as a pig in the mud.