The Truth About Seattle And Their 'vaunted' Pass Defense

JulioisCoolio

The Seahawks played NINE bottom 20 pass offenses. They had the easiest pass schedule in the league by FAR.

Here is the rankings of the pass offenses they played.

28th

3rd

9th

18th

16th

4th

23rd

2nd

And here is where they became the 'hottest team in the league' (these are in order btw)

31st

30th

26th

29th

28th

25th

23rd

18th.

They didn't play a single pass offense in the TOP FREAKIN 18 over the 2nd half of the season. They faced, on average, the 26th ranked pass offense over the 2nd half of the season while facing juggernauts like Christian Ponder, Mark Sanchez, Ryan Tannehill, Jay Cutler, Ryan Lindley, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Colin Kaepernick and Sam Bradford. Not a single top 15 QB in the bunch. Sorry if I'm not impressed.

Between the Bills, Cards, Rams, 49ers, Bears, Jets and Dolphins, can you name one single receiver that scares you? The only possible answer for this is Brandon Marshall. He had 10 catches for 165 yards.

I'm sorry, but Seattle has not faced receivers even on the same planet as ours.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Seahawks played NINE bottom 20 pass offenses. They had the easiest pass schedule in the league by FAR.

28th

3rd

9th

18th

16th

4th

23rd

2nd

And here is where they became the 'hottest team in the league' (these are in order btw)

31st

30th

26th

29th

28th

25th

23rd

18th.

They didn't play a single pass offense in the TOP FREAKIN 18 over the 2nd half of the season. They faced, on average, the 26th ranked pass offense over the 2nd half of the season while facing juggernauts like Christian Ponder, Mark Sanchez, Ryan Tannehill, Jay Cutler, Ryan Lindley, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Colin Kaepernick and Sam Bradford. Not a single top 15 QB in the bunch. Sorry if I'm not impressed.

Between the Bills, Cards, Rams, 49ers, Bears, Jets and Dolphins, can you name one single receiver that scares you? The only possible answer for this is Brandon Marshall. He had 10 catches for 165 yards.

your posts are hilarious LOL, but yea, this is what I have been saying since around week 12 when I joined this board . . . but some of us are still scared of them

28th

3rd

9th

18th

16th

4th

23rd

2nd

31st

30th

26th

29th

28th

25th

23rd

18th.

Yep it's so obvious they fattened up on the bottom dwellers. I must admit they are less obnoxious about their team than most fans from other franchises that visit here.

It's up to the Falcons and Ryan. If he is on his game I don't care what the Seattle does. Falcons will win.

they could have something to do with why those teams are ranked that low heh?

One or 2 games isn't gonna send a team plummeting to the bottom 3rd, those teams were consistently bad the whole season.

LOL of course I've talked more chit about this game than any other I can remember so watch Seattle come out and shut the Falcons down LOL.

Falcons 27

Seahawks 17

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Oooooh, scary!!!

I am just laying in the ground in a fetus position peeing all over myself.

I mean wow they faced Ponder, sanchez, and the almighty tannehill.

guess time to pack our bags and not even show up to the dome.

One or 2 games isn't gonna send a team plummeting to the bottom 3rd, those teams were consistently bad the whole season.

LOL of course I've talked more chit about this game than any other I can remember so watch Seattle come out and shut the Falcons down LOL.

Falcons 27

Seahawks 17

seahwaks 6 at most.

28th

3rd

9th

18th

16th

4th

23rd

2nd

31st

30th

26th

29th

28th

25th

23rd

18th.

Larry Fitzgerald?

Edited by darkdude41

People like to point to Seattle's #1 ranking in allowing points. Well, the Falcons faced collectively the highest ranked offenses in the league and finished #5 in points allowed.

Take a look at the link below and you'll learn that we twice faced the #2 offense in New Orleans, #3 (Detriot), #4 (Denver), #5 (Washington), #6 (Dallas), we were #8, and twice faced the #9 offense in Tampa. That's Brees twice, P Manning, E. Manning, Stafford, Griffin, Freeman (twice),Romo and even Carolina with Newton was ranked #12.

http://espn.go.com/n...al/seasontype/2

Seattle's PPG allowed: 15.7

Atlanta's PPG allowed: 18.2

That's a 2.5 points per game differential having played the QB's and offenses above.

We're whipping some azz on Sunday!

Edited by Quarterback

They limited Megatron severely though. But other than that, their defense has shut down on lousy teams and their offense has padded their points scored on weak teams.

When you have that kind of defense It's easy to limit a guy like megatron with no other options. It's easy to limit Steve Smith. You may limit one of our guys but what about the other 2. That's the difference.

When you have that kind of defense It's easy to limit a guy like megatron with no other options. It's easy to limit Steve Smith. You may limit one of our guys but what about the other 2. That's the difference.

It's not easy to limit Smith or Tron due to the fact they have Stafford and Newton. Fitz on the other hand....

Easier and easy is not the same thing.

Like I said it's easy to LIMIT a guy like meg and Smith when there are no other options. Look at his games against the better defenses. You're talking like I said shut them down. The word is L-I-M-I-T and the best way to limit those guys are keep them out the endzone. Steve Smith has 4, count it 1-2-3-4 td's this year. He was severely limited by lack of other options homie!!!

Edited by TheFatboi