How Many Rivals Are Hoping The Falcons Lose?

SyCo

18 members have voted

1. 1. I want the falcons to lose!

I ask because, for one.. I've seen many comments scattered over the internet, here included, that sound alot like "well atleast the falcons will lose in the playoffs" There were threads dedicated to it in SR. Panthers fans have comforted themselves with the thought..

I was listening to the radio yesterday, and the topic was on the game... a saint fan called in and said the only enjoyment he can get out of this season is knowing the falcons wont win a superbowl on his field.

So are you guys pulling against the birds? If so I think that's a little weird.. looking back, I don't remember rooting against the saints in the playoffs, I had lost interest by the time the falcons were out I guess, and didn't care who won. I usually pull for an underdog team.

Why do you want the falcons to lose, if your team isnt even there? just curious

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ask because, for one.. I've seen many comments scattered over the internet, here included, that sound alot like "well atleast the falcons will lose in the playoffs" There were threads dedicated to it in SR. Panthers fans have comforted themselves with the thought..

I was listening to the radio yesterday, and the topic was on the game... a saint fan called in and said the only enjoyment he can get out of this season is knowing the falcons wont win a superbowl on his field.

So are you guys pulling against the birds? If so I think that's a little weird.. looking back, I don't remember rooting against the saints in the playoffs, I had lost interest by the time the falcons were out I guess, and didn't care who won. I usually pull for an underdog team.

Why do you want the falcons to lose, if your team isnt even there? just curious

**** yes!! I guess you miss the point we don't like you. I will root that you never see a Lombardi in your life time.

Edited by Recceice

I don't remember rooting against the saints in the playoffs

Incidentally, I don't remember you posting here in '09. If you had been, you'd probably understand where "some of the hate comes from" or whatever. Oh lord the guarantees of one and done were legion, it's like they willed us to a championship. You're not seeing what we saw, I assure you.

Incidentally, I don't remember you posting here in '09. If you had been, you'd probably understand where "some of the hate comes from" or whatever. Oh lord the guarantees of one and done were legion, it's like they willed us to a championship. You're not seeing what we saw, I assure you.

I'm sure there's as many numbskull falcon fans as any fanbase.. just wondering why anyone cares beyond the point of their own team being eliminated

Yeah, I was one of 'em! NO WAY did I want the Saints to win a Lombardi! Perhaps I've mellowed, perhaps I realize the negative energy created by such detest is simply bad Karma. Either way, the BUCS aren't in it so it doesn't hold nearly enough emotion for me to hope the Falcons lose. Although, I am starting to really like the Seahawks. I like the way they play. They play hard & tough and don't apologize for it. It's not the phoney toughness that Keith Brooking served up constantly while he was with Atlanta, but REAL tough play....by both offense & defense. I do think the Falcons will win this game, if they have their heads on straight. But will ultimately lose to Green Bay.

I'm sure there's as many numbskull falcon fans as any fanbase.. just wondering why anyone cares beyond the point of their own team being eliminated

Because we don't want to see you happy or able to gloat about ****. That should be simple to understand.

There's a myriad of reasons why some of these guys don't want us to win

Some just hate the Falcons and their fans...

Some are just rivals that don't want to see a rival team succeed...

Some hate Matt Ryan and want him to never win a playoff game so they have THAT to hang their hat on...

Some hate their own team so much that they wish for other teams' failures to ofset their own...

And some just hate their own lives so much that they are bitter, horrible people that only receive joy from compounding the misery of others.

I think we all know which posters fall into which categories!

Surely the guy who congruatulated a rival on fielding the NFL's worst defense evuh after his team had secured the 1 seed can piece together this seemingly complex puzzle, trust your insticts!

And some just hate their own lives so much that they are bitter, horrible people that only receive joy from compounding the misery of others.

I was with you until this point, where you just started projecting :(

My question is. Why do you care? If we were in the playoff I could care less if any of you rooted for or against us. Actually I like it better if you rooted against us. I hated watching the Saints and the Bucs get a trophy .

There's a difference between caring and being curious - he's being curious.

For me, I don't have a historical dislike of any other NFCS rival. I grew up hating - in order - Dallas, Oakland, and the Rams, and I've never had too many good thoughts about Chicago and NYG.

I've learned to root against TB, Car, and NO because those 3 teams are the immediate threat to Atlanta making the playoffs to begin with. This is true with any team in any division.

When TB played Oak in the SB, I was the biggest TB fan ever for one night - I loved watching them pummel the "Commitment to Excrement"!

If Dallas played an NFCS rival in a game where the winner made the playoffs and the loser didn't - assuming the result of the game had no impact on Atlanta - I'd cheer for the NFCS rival.

So I think the OP asks a good question. We all give each other grief on this MB, some of it is just ball-busting fun and some is mean spirited. And I have no problem with a rival wanting us to see Atlanta lose just because they are a rival. But for me if Car was playing Oak in the SB, then I'm wearing tar heel blue.

Surely the guy who congruatulated a rival on fielding the NFL's worst defense evuh after his team had secured the 1 seed can piece together this seemingly complex puzzle, trust your insticts!

Yeah I didn't get that one either. So my life sucks because I want a rival team to lose?

Its fun to hate another team until becomes personal.

If you can't drink a beer with any fan of of a rival team, you have issues.

I agree, but I would add that if you drink with Falcons fans you might want to drink from plastic cups (to avoid any potential glassings). wink.png

Edited by joe horn

that was just light teasing. i know how sensitive you guys are, i wouldn't pile on out of cruelty.

plus there's a few of you guys who had it coming, you've never made a 2 point joke have ya?

My question is. Why do you care? If we were in the playoff I could care less if any of you rooted for or against us. Actually I like it better if you rooted against us. I hated watching the Saints and the Bucs get a trophy .

just so i know who to single out incase we win

"What makes a man like Recceice, Doc? What makes him say the things he does?"

"A man like Recceice has got a great big hole, right in the middle of him. He can never troll enough, or be snarky enough, or inflict enough hate to ever fill it."

"What does he need?"

"Revenge"

"For what?"

"bein born."

"What makes a man like Recceice, Doc? What makes him say the things he does?"

"A man like Recceice has got a great big hole, right in the middle of him. He can never troll enough, or be snarky enough, or inflict enough hate to ever fill it."

"What does he need?"

"Revenge"

"For what?"

"bein born."

Funny but I will still never root for any rival team. So Kys!

Edited by Recceice

There's a difference between caring and being curious - he's being curious.

For me, I don't have a historical dislike of any other NFCS rival. I grew up hating - in order - Dallas, Oakland, and the Rams, and I've never had too many good thoughts about Chicago and NYG.

I've learned to root against TB, Car, and NO because those 3 teams are the immediate threat to Atlanta making the playoffs to begin with. This is true with any team in any division.

When TB played Oak in the SB, I was the biggest TB fan ever for one night - I loved watching them pummel the "Commitment to Excrement"!

If Dallas played an NFCS rival in a game where the winner made the playoffs and the loser didn't - assuming the result of the game had no impact on Atlanta - I'd cheer for the NFCS rival.

So I think the OP asks a good question. We all give each other grief on this MB, some of it is just ball-busting fun and some is mean spirited. And I have no problem with a rival wanting us to see Atlanta lose just because they are a rival. But for me if Car was playing Oak in the SB, then I'm wearing tar heel blue.

Hey man that's you. You have your way and I've got mine.

looking back, I don't remember rooting against the saints in the playoffs, I had lost interest by the time the falcons were out I guess, and didn't care who won. .

I was actually rooting for the Saints to win the whole thing in '09. I felt then as I do now, if they can do it why can't we? Anyway, I wasn't the stone cold Saints hater then that I am now(thanks to many of you) and I didn't grow up in the south where that rival hatred would have festered, like it did with SF.

Of course they want us to lose! If the Falcons win it all they will be hands down the class of the NFCS given the 5 straight winning season, a Lombardi, best all time record in the NFCS, all time winning series over every team except the buccies, most playoff appearances in the NFCS, etc, etc. Now what rival wants to deal with that? RC will be a ghost town for months until the draft rolls around.

camkick2.gif?w=465&h=243

Here's another reason RCers want Atlanta to fail.