Seahags Put Their Kicker On Ir

Steven Hauschka - K - Seahawks

Seahawks will place K Steven Hauschka (calf) on injured reserve, ending his season.

Hauschka injured his calf during Sunday's Wild Card win in Washington. It wraps a career-best season that saw him go 24-of-27 on field goals in the regular season, including a 23-of-23 mark from 49 yards out or closer. The Seahawks will roll with veteran Ryan Longwell against the Falcons this week.

Probably won't affect their FG kicking much- he can probably make 40 yarders, may keep them from going for a really long FG.

Where it may show up is on kickoffs- if he can't drive it deep into the endzone, may have a chance for a couple of nice returns.

I'm hoping he see's the field one time and that's at the beginning of the game on kickoff. Another shut out.

your a great poster, but that was a stupid bet.

really against the SEC?

It was a purely emotional bet. My grandpa passed away at the start of the 2012 football season. He was a huge, HUGE Notre Dame fan. So my whole family started rooting for them in his stead and we had a lot of laughs and "Papa is working the controls up there" over them going undefeated. Guess them beating 'Bama was just a little too much to ask though. tongue.png

Bad news for us. This may cause the Seahawks to go for it more on fourth down in no man's land. And you know how good our defense on 3rd down is...

Just because these boys whipped your new dream man, doesn't mean we will fold. New York faced the Atl when focused what do you think the Seahawks are going to do?

I'll take any edge I can get at this point.

We had the edge at kicker before Hauscha got hurt. I actually consider Ryan Longwell a better kicker. Like I said I was shocked he went the whole season without a job. Dude has a career field goal percentage of 83.2%. Anything over 80 percent for a kicker is stud territory. He's only had 3 seasons in his career when he made less than 80% on field goals.