"joe Horn" - Tweets ---- Falcons Vs Sea-Hags !

falcon_ace

I disliked Horn as well. I hated when the Falcons signed him because I knew that he was done and he stole money from us.

The influence he had on Roddy White was worth every penny you claim he "stole". If Roddy didn't get his act together in that training camp when Horn was here he would've been in serious danger of being cut... Joe taught him to be a Pro, and he's been a different player ever since.

I disliked Horn as well. I hated when the Falcons signed him because I knew that he was done and he stole money from us.

The odds of Roddy turning it around in 2007 forward would have been much lower if it wasn't for Horn. Horn was worth every penny of his contract for what he did for Roddy and then what has been passed on to HD/Julio from Roddy.

The influence he had on Roddy White was worth every penny you claim he "stole". If Roddy didn't get his act together in that training camp when Horn was here he would've been in serious danger of being cut... Joe taught him to be a Pro, and he's been a different player ever since.

That was the only good thing that Horn did and I will admit that. I was talking about production wise he was not worth the money.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/13686/roddy-white-has-become-consistency-model

“When coach [Jim] Mora and his guys were here, I was eating a lot of cheeseburgers and going at about 215 [pounds],’’ White said. “When Paul Petrino came in, he sat me down and said, 'You need to get back to where you were in college.' I got back to around 205 to 208 and I suddenly realized I was moving faster and jumping higher. But it wasn’t just that. Paul Petrino worked me so hard and pushed me to string together good practices, go out there and do it every day.’’

Paul Petrino got some help from another source. In 2007, the Falcons brought in veteran wide receiver Joe Horn, in large part because they weren’t sure if White could play. But Horn ended up being part of the reason White has been playing so well in recent years.

“Playing with Joe was the best thing to ever happen to me,’’ White said. “He was a guy who had been to Pro Bowls and he took me under his wing and really taught me what this league is all about. He’s the one who made me realize what’s expected of you if you’re going to be a good pro. He’s the one who taught me that you have to prepare mentally every day and you have to go out and practice hard every day. He’s the one who showed me that this game takes so much more effort than I was putting into it.’

The results were pretty much instant. In a 2007 season in which the Falcons went through several quarterbacks with little success, White somehow emerged with 83 catches for 1,202 yards and six touchdowns.

That was the only good thing that Horn did and I will admit that. I was talking about production wise he was not worth the money.

Joe was never brought in for his production alone.

The odds of Roddy turning it around in 2007 forward would have been much lower if it wasn't for Horn. Horn was worth every penny of his contract for what he did for Roddy and then what has been passed on to HD/Julio from Roddy.

That is was the only good thing that he did. I did not like the 7.5 mil that he was payed. Him getting Roddy together did make it worth it but I just never liked him because of his time with the Saints.

That is was the only good thing that he did. I did not like the 7.5 mil that he was payed. Him getting Roddy together did make it worth it but I just never liked him because of his time with the Saints.

Sounds like you have more a personal issue with him over what he actually did for the Falcons. He was here for 1 season, a season that was a disaster. He had Joey Harrington/Redman and Leftwich throwing to him... nobody outside of Roddy had a good year. Joe was a highly paid coach that is a part of the success story from 2008 through today he was part of the rebuilding process. I will also say this, he was great to the fans and never once complained about his role on the team or how they were playing publicly.

If you like what the Falcons have done from a WR POV from 2008 onwards you have to appreciate Joe Horn, period.

Sounds like you have more a personal issue with him over what he actually did for the Falcons. He was here for 1 season, a season that was a disaster. He had Joey Harrington/Redman and Leftwich throwing to him... nobody outside of Roddy had a good year. Joe was a highly paid coach that is a part of the success story from 2008 through today he was part of the rebuilding process. I will also say this, he was great to the fans and never once complained about his role on the team or how they were playing publicly.

If you like what the Falcons have done from a WR POV from 2008 onwards you have to appreciate Joe Horn, period.

Its not personal I just never liked Horn because other than Iron Head Hayward and Morten Anderson I hated when the Falcons picked up leftover Saints players. I have always appreciated what he did for Roddy though.

Yeah. To me this isn't even a question. Without Joe Horn Roddy was in danger of being cut. With Joe Horn Roddy has become the greatest Falcons WR of all time, one of the 5 greatest Falcons of all time, and is well on his way to a bust in Canton, becoming the first true Falcon in the HOF.

Joe Horn was worth every penny.

Lol I guess it is just a rival thing but I never take football as anything personal like alot of other football fans that I know.

But you are the one claiming that you don't like us signing players off the Saints, and everyone else is saying who cares if they help our team.