Quite Frankly...

JG2008

Flew into ATL this week and can't wait to be at the GA Dome on Sunday. I got to see 3 really great games at the Dome this year -

Falcons/Broncos , Falcons/Cowboys, Falcons/Giants and now Falcons/ Seahawks

Quite Frankly... I am glad we are playing the hot new media darling team the Seahawks to have to get the playoff monkey off our backs---it will make just that more of a positive statement and exclamation point for the Falcons when they win their 1st playoff game under Smith, Ryan & Co

I am too. When we beat them, the media focus will change to, "are the Falcons for real?", or "Will this be a repeat of two years ago with the Packers?" They will never give us credit until we hoist the Lombardi and even then there will be excuses: "Weakest schedule blah blah"; "Only won bc of HF ADV" etc... The bias against us is palpable, but I want this team to put a 10-20 point hurt on the Hags and let the world know, that contrary to what Drew Brees believes, the NFC belongs to the Falcons...

They will never give us credit until we hoist the Lombardi and even then there will be excuses: "Weakest schedule blah blah"; "Only won bc of HF ADV" etc...

i disagree with this last part. A Falcons SB win won't be discredited - i've never seen any team's SB win discredited by the media. More likely, they'll flip their script and pretend they saw it coming all along. THIS weekend is the first step. Win Sunday and the "good team, but hasn't won in the playoffs" will disappear. i agree that if GB comes to town, the 2010 game will dominate as the narrative.