Remember How The Falcons Rode Turner In Ryan's Rookie Year

atlbaby

The media is forgetting all so well how the Falcons & Matt Ryan depended on Turner all season and also in the first playoff game against Arizona. We all know how that turned out. The Cardinals shut down the running game and made Matt Ryan, the rookie try to beat them.

Matt Ryan final stat read: 26-40, 199 Yds, 2 Td, 2 Int, 1 Fum, & 3 sacks.

Now 4 years later a team the Falcons are playing Sunday will be depending on Lynch the same way Ryan did Turner. All the Falcons have to do is think back 4 years ago and remember how it felt and make sure they stop the run.

Deja vu -

The Cardinals was playing at home (dome) - The Falcons are playing at home

The Cardinals was a pass first team - The Falcons are a pass first team this season

The Cardinals had two big time WR's (Fitz-Bolden) - The Falcons have their own WR duo

The Cardinals had a vet QB with playoff experience (Warner) - The Falcons have one too

Deja vu -

The Cardinals was playing at home (dome) - The Falcons are playing at home

The Cardinals was a pass first team - The Falcons are a pass first team this season

The Cardinals had two big time WR's (Fitz-Bolden) - The Falcons have their own WR duo

The Cardinals had a vet QB with playoff experience (Warner) - The Falcons have one too

I get where you're coming from and don't really disagree. We for sure have a homefield advantage and agree with the other two points. I'm not saying Warner was the best thing since sliced bread but he had a different type of experience that Matt will get. He'd been in playoff games and won Matt get his first playoff win soon enough. I think the past failures may have prepared him for what to expect but I for sure what a different outcome than what has happened. They did put in the work to get here now it's time to prove we belong and they'll do just that soon enough.