Need Some Help Fellow Falcon Fans

paul n coke

I have been out of work for over 6 months. In no way shape or form am I asking for a "handout". I was simply trying to inquire and see if any of our fellow fans within the metro atlanta area had any openings at their place of employment or know anyone that can point me in the right direction. Im a college grad and have had a tough time since moving back home finding employment through job boards, temp agencies, cold calls, etc. I know this isnt exactly falcon related, but I have supported this team every year of my 24 year existence and would really appreciate the help from people I consider like "family" (even though I know none of you personally) because we all come here and congregate every day to talk about our team. Thanks in advance, anything will be greatly appreciated. RISE UP

I have been out of work for over 6 months. In no way shape or form am I asking for a "handout". I was simply trying to inquire and see if any of our fellow fans within the metro atlanta area had any openings at their place of employment or know anyone that can point me in the right direction. Im a college grad and have had a tough time since moving back home finding employment through job boards, temp agencies, cold calls, etc. I know this isnt exactly falcon related, but I have supported this team every year of my 24 year existence and would really appreciate the help from people I consider like "family" (even though I know none of you personally) because we all come here and congregate every day to talk about our team. Thanks in advance, anything will be greatly appreciated. RISE UP

You need to let folks know what you do before they can help, what is your occupation ?

It isn't easy out there , got a daughter who is trying to find work too. Like I told her turn job hunting into your job, take anything you can get right now. Sometimes when you have a job already those things seem to fall in place and you find one that you really like. Nothing wrong with what you are doing now asking around keep it up something will fall into your lap. I know exterminators normally hire for the upcoming termite season around this time. good Luck

What part of town are you in?

I currently live in Decatur

It isn't easy out there , got a daughter who is trying to find work too. Like I told her turn job hunting into your job, take anything you can get right now. Sometimes when you have a job already those things seem to fall in place and you find one that you really like. Nothing wrong with what you are doing now asking around keep it up something will fall into your lap. I know exterminators normally hire for the upcoming termite season around this time. good Luck

Thanks for the kind words man

+1.

You need to let folks know what you do before they can help, what is your occupation ?

I spent almost my entire college career working in retail as an assistant manager for 4+ years. I also have some experience in restaraunts and I also worked for the city of decatur at one point

I spent almost my entire college career working in retail as an assistant manager for 4+ years. I also have some experience in restaraunts and I also worked for the city of decatur at one point

You tried to get back to working for the City? Best job to have right now is Government job. You can move around a lot once you work for the Government...

If your 24 have you considered the Military? It's tough to get into the Air Force right now but I hear the Army still takes just about anyone (joke).

The best way to get a job in this tough time is using your old contacts at work or your network. Its tough time man and people are usually hiring some one they know or have worked with in the past. Like others said try to increase the type of jobs you are looking to do. Sometimes best jobs are the ones available right now, may be not what you wanted to do but it helps.

I feel ya man, I remember when I was in college I was fairly convinced that I'd easily get about any job I wanted after I graduated (ha). Got a slap in the face by reality pretty quickly, got an undergraduate degree in psychology which you can't do much with. Took me 8 months of looking before I took a minimum wage job being a cashier at best buy.. hated it but was thankful to work at all. Ater a year of that I was lucky to get hired on by Delta. They hire about once or twice a year, I can let you know when they're looking for people again. Good luck.

Thanks for all the input and support falcon nation. I know i dont post much but i come on here everyday just to get the news on the team and get a good laugh. I really appreciate every one who took time out to chime in on my possibilities. If anything comes up, please repost or send me a message. Thanks again guys

I can't offer any job opportunities but I can offer a website with the best job search advice I've ever seen.

www.asktheheadhunter.com

The site's front page is Nick's blog (Nick is the headhunter) but if you click on the ATH Website link under the title banner, it will take you to tons of resources. I'd advise reading the articles archives and checking out the FAQ and then expanding from there.

The site was recommended to me by a longtime friend (we went to Tech together in the...gulp...80s) who has, himself, been a headhunter in the DC area for about 15 years.

Also, per my buddy and Nick, set up a LinkedIn account and get as many testimonials and connections that you can. It is an excellent networking tool.

I can't offer any job opportunities but I can offer a website with the best job search advice I've ever seen.

www.asktheheadhunter.com

The site's front page is Nick's blog (Nick is the headhunter) but if you click on the ATH Website link under the title banner, it will take you to tons of resources. I'd advise reading the articles archives and checking out the FAQ and then expanding from there.

The site was recommended to me by a longtime friend (we went to Tech together in the...gulp...80s) who has, himself, been a headhunter in the DC area for about 15 years.

Also, per my buddy and Nick, set up a LinkedIn account and get as many testimonials and connections that you can. It is an excellent networking tool.

only one thing came to mind when I saw headhunter lol

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

worked with city of decatur doing what? Construction?

That's the same good advice I gave my Brother-Inlaw. I am fortunate to have found a good job, but up until 9 months ago I was coming off a 3rd layoff since 2008. You some times have to get inventive and seek out HR personnel at companies to get names of people that you can get in direct contact with. Remote positions can be had in other less populated/rural states too if you have the right kind of education.

Keep your head up and make as many contacts as you can. It's a numbers game out there.