In 2010, we lost to the Packers. The Falcons were a run-first team, and we needed to be more "Explosive". "Explosive" was the buzzword all off-season. Enter Julio Jones.

in 2011, a very up and down year, we lay an egg against the Giants. Just a horrible game. No real identity, everyone said we were a rushing team FORCING ourselves into being a passing team and it wasn't working.

In 2012, we are a high-flying team. One of the top passing teams in the league, with weapons to dismantle, well, anyone on our schedule (for reference, see our schedule). Yet already, the excuse is that we aren't physical enough and don't run the ball well, so we will lose.

So, if we run the ball well, we're not "explosive" enough.

If we dominate through the air, we can't run the ball.

Darned if we do, darned if we don't.

In 2010, we lost to the Packers. The Falcons were a run-first team, and we needed to be more "Explosive". "Explosive" was the buzzword all off-season. Enter Julio Jones.

in 2011, a very up and down year, we lay an egg against the Giants. Just a horrible game. No real identity, everyone said we were a rushing team FORCING ourselves into being a passing team and it wasn't working.

In 2012, we are a high-flying team. One of the top passing teams in the league, with weapons to dismantle, well, anyone on our schedule (for reference, see our schedule). Yet already, the excuse is that we aren't physical enough and don't run the ball well, so we will lose.

So, if we run the ball well, we're not "explosive" enough.

If we dominate through the air, we can't run the ball.

Darned if we do, darned if we don't.

Welcome to the "Under the Radar/Never Good Enough" division of the NFL. The Seahawks have been there since their inception.

This is the exact type of thing I was referring to a couple weeks back when I asked what excuse would be made if we didn't meet expectations again. There has been a different excuse every year we been eliminated. I hope they can get that monkey off their back this weekend and shut every excuse making mofo up, media, front office or fans (no offense to anyone)

This is the exact type of thing I was referring to a couple weeks back when I asked what excuse would be made if we didn't meet expectations again. There has been a different excuse every year we been eliminated. I hope they can get that monkey off their back this weekend and shut every excuse making mofo up, media, front office or fans (no offense to anyone)

Wont be an excuse this time , nor should there be....if we lose this, even the Zombie Kool - Aid Homers like me will be calling for blood sweat, tears and first born children ...no excuses, none....

The media is always going to focus on the flaws and weaknesses of the Falcons and play up and praise the strengths of its opponents. The Falcons do have a problem stopping the run on defense and they have a problem establishing a consistent running game on offense. Neither of those weaknesses have prevented the Falcons from going 13-3 and earning HFA throughout the play-offs. Seattle has to play a rookie QB, they have a weak receiver corps, their best pass rusher is out, they're playing 3,000 miles from home at 10 a.m. in the morning their time after a grueling game just six days before they play the best team they'll face all year, a team that also happens to be pissed off and eager to shut up three year's worth of national media ridicule and insults. The media and the Seahawks are both about to get what's coming to them.

Wont be an excuse this time , nor should there be....if we lose this, even the Zombie Kool - Aid Homers like me will be calling for blood sweat, tears and first born children ...no excuses, none....

No worries, you zombie kool-aide slurpers have nothing to fear. Falcons got this. No excuses are going to be necessary.