Levine Toilolo

hjerry

Toilolo has just declared for the draft. I really didn't see this coming. He was my favorite TE coming into the season, but kinda took a backseat to Ertz as the season went on. He struggles some with blocking but is a deadly redzone threat and had some great games this season. Like Fleener, and soon Ertz before him, he probably could have been a high 2nd round, or possibly late 1st round pick with a year as the premier TE in that offense. Coming out now, he's probably a late 2nd to late 3rd round pick. He has ton of untapped potential from sitting behind two highly drafted TEs, and, quite frankly, I want him as a Falcon, possibly more than I have wanted any prospect in a while. If he's there at our 3rd somehow, I really hope we take him.

There aren't any complete games from 2012 online of him that I can find, which stinks b/c he had some really god ones, but here's one from 2011.

Edited by hjerry

WOW. This TE class is just incredible! We can get away with waiting until the 4th round and still get an elite starting level TE. Eifert reminds me of a better run blocking Gonzo, Ertz & Toilolo are both great receivers with Ertz being the better blocker, Fauria is the next Jimmy Graham, and that's just the guys who might get picked up in the first 3 rounds! Michael Williams had a good game tonight, would love for us to grab him in the 4th.

Surprises me too. I thought he would stay. This TE class is gonna be EPIC! I was already thinking it would be a perfect year to do the "TE Double Dip" and even more so now. The choices, and quality ones, are there and the draft position combo options are almost limitless. I bet the TE group actually goes later because of the depth.... teams will wait cuz they KNOW they can still get good one later.

While i'm shocked he came out its only a good thing for teams like the Falcons that need need TE help. Never underestimate the Jimmy Graham factor in tbis era of TE play. It's all about mismatches. A 6'' 7' 265 pound TE with any kind of athletism is going to be a hot item. His 40 will be big and he has to catch well. Seems like when they threw jump balls to him he would not come down with it. Ertz was always the better option

While i'm shocked he came out its only a good thing for teams like the Falcons that need need TE help. Never underestimate the Jimmy Graham factor in tbis era of TE play. It's all about mismatches. A 6'' 7' 265 pound TE with any kind of athletism is going to be a hot item. His 40 will be big and he has to catch well. Seems like when they threw jump balls to him he would not come down with it. Ertz was always the better option

Yeah, he's a project to say the least, but I see him as actually having a higher ceiling than Ertz.

Surprises me too. I thought he would stay. This TE class is gonna be EPIC! I was already thinking it would be a perfect year to do the "TE Double Dip" and even more so now. The choices, and quality ones, are there and the draft position combo options are almost limitless. I bet the TE group actually goes later because of the depth.... teams will wait cuz they KNOW they can still get good one later.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wouldn't mind taking 2 TE. This class keeps getting better. There are fast tight ends and taller tight ends. Blockers and receivers. We need to take 2 this year. This class kills next year and last. We won't have a chance like this for a while.

In a TE class this deep, Eifert in the 1st isn't a necessity. This year's DT class is very top heavy and if we don't take a stud in the 1st we might end up with a backup. I'm in the DT in the 1st camp.

We'll see what Brandon Williams does at the Senior Bowl. His stock is hovering around the 4th round right now, but could go higher if he can perform against better competition. Outside of him though, there really aren't any starting level DTs after the early 2nd. I still say, if Jenkins is there at 32, we take him. Our trainers will need to get him to shed some weight, but they did it with Mass do I trust they can do it with him.

We'll see what Brandon Williams does at the Senior Bowl. His stock is hovering around the 4th round right now, but could go higher if he can perform against better competition. Outside of him though, there really aren't any starting level DTs after the early 2nd. I still say, if Jenkins is there at 32, we take him. Our trainers will need to get him to shed some weight, but they did it with Mass do I trust they can do it with him.

I'm a huge fan of Michael Williams. He's a clear cut red zone threat and arguably the best run blocking TE in the country. I'd be ecstatic if we could scoop him up in the 4th round and I'd even be okay with it if we'd reach for him in the 3rd.

• 1 month later...

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/2/21/4015510/nfl-combine-2013-coming-from-pro-style-stanford-ertz-and-toilolo

When asked what player he patterns himself after, Toilolo mentioned Rob Gronkowski because they're of similar size and can be used in the same way. He also mentioned future Hall of Famer Tony Gonzalez as someone he follows.

"Tony Gonzalez is probably one of the best all-around tight ends, and that's something I try to take pride in and doing with my game," Toiolo said. "Just be someone who is in there when you want to pound the rock, but also be a pass threat on third downs, or whenever it may be."

Probably not significant, but found it neat nonetheless.

Toilolo isn't the next Graham, closer to Gronk in some respects, but is his own type. I do think he could become a very good NFL TE with a year to learn. Will he be Tony? No. But he could be good in his own ways.

Some folks knock his blocking but it really is better than a lot of TEs these days already, and it isn't terrible. Yeah he blew it on goal line against ND, but his blocking in that game wasn't nearly as bad overall as some make it out to be!