What Should Be Done If We Lose?

THE ICEMAN

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately it's the mindset of a lot of Falcon fans. I suffer from it myself every now and then....It's the "Waiting for the Other Shoe to Drop Syndrome."

I was a negative azz on here after we dropped that game to the Panties.

I'm over it now.

It's game week....no time or reason for negativity now.

Yeah I can understand it with the older fans who have been here through the bad times. The thing is though with all those bad times you think you would be happy with these 5 yrs. You don't have to be content, but why not happy. I'm happy, but not satisfied. I definitely want a SB.

Well we shouldn't even be having this discussion.

Have you ever heard of karma?

But anyone thinking of "cleaning house" or other such foolishness as firing Mike Smith is just irrational. What do you propose instead? It takes a LONG TIME to build an organization like we currently have.

Do you think we just call Pizza Hut or Dominos and order a Lombardi?

Edited by FalconFanForLife

Awesome! I didn't even know treason was in the CofC. Is it just a ban or could he possibly face the death penalty?

There is no death penalty; however, you could have your Falcon memorabilia ceremonially removed in front of the entire Dome crowd, and your name removed from the "Falcon Faithful."

That is a sentence worse than death.

We are less than a week away from the 2nd Division Playoff game under Mike Smith. We have the 1st seed spot for the best record in the NFC for the second time in 3 years. We are in the playoffs for the 4th time in 5 years, and for the 3rd straight year. We had another 13 game winning season.

In 45 years, we never once had the first seed. Never once had back to back playoffs. Never once had back to back winning seasons.

Mike Smith has more wins than any Coach in our history.

Couldn't you hold off on this conversation until AFTER the damned game.

Come On Man! Don't we hear enough of this crap from the media without our own speculating our demise?

Aren't there any productive threads you could come up with?

Totally agree, Tandy!

I can agree the thread is a little premature, but the OP does offer a valid question. What should be done? I had this conversation with a coworker a few days back(Broncos fan). We also discussed the surprise of seeing Chicago can Lovie Smith. He asked me what my thoughts were as a fan of the Falcons. My reply:

"Not a **** thing... I have been a fan for many years. You can count on one hand, the years the Falcons were considered relevant in December before Author Blank/Mike Smith/Matt Ryan. If the last 5 years, is any indication of future success, you would have to fail at math not to have faith. I think the success of the current era has dissuaded fans into a false feeling of entitlement. Things change fast in the NFL. I would rather be "knocking on the door" every season, than not even opening the front gate. It wasn't that long ago, that getting a +.500 season was considered an achievement. Be thankful for what we got, dont repeat history of letting go of talent, because it just didn't work at the time. Favre, Deion, Schaub to name only a few."

Pesonally, I am not even entertaining the idea of losing. At this stage of the playoffs, it doesn't matter who you face, or what odds are stacked. If your gonna win it all, you are the best, no sense in second guessing it.

What should be done if we lose??? Pi$$ and moan, mope and groan for a day or two, and then enjoy the rest of the Post Season.

You see, as a "Lifer" with this team, I'm thankful for all the back-to-back winning seasons, and routinely making the Playoffs almost every year since Mike Smith & Co. came to the ATL.five years ago. So, if by chance we don't win it ALL this year, I'll STILL be ready for next season, and all the excitement it holds for all of us TRUE Falcons Fans!!!

We are less than a week away from the 2nd Division Playoff game under Mike Smith. We have the 1st seed spot for the best record in the NFC for the second time in 3 years. We are in the playoffs for the 4th time in 5 years, and for the 3rd straight year. We had another 13 game winning season.

In 45 years, we never once had the first seed. Never once had back to back playoffs. Never once had back to back winning seasons.

Mike Smith has more wins than any Coach in our history.

Couldn't you hold off on this conversation until AFTER the damned game.

Come On Man! Don't we hear enough of this crap from the media without our own speculating our demise?

Aren't there any productive threads you could come up with?

This quote should be cut-and-pasted into every such thread that comes up this week.

Not sure what will happen but I would find it hard seeing Mike Smith here going forward. Not that he 's a bad coach but what's let to do there's enough talent you we have a great QB so whats the problem. And there's no doubt ATL has to win this game and get that monkey off there back.

And I'm not a Mike Smith hater just really don't see any other changes that could be made.

I do highly highly highly doubt we lose but it is any given Sunday.

If the worst happened as so many outsiders have predicted what should be done?

Jim Cunningham has what you need: