I Like The Media Hate......seriously!

Guest Gritz

The Falcons have always been my team. When I was 10 years old (about a week after fire was discovered) I wrote a letter to every team in the NFL asking them to send me stickers, decals, anything associated with their team.

The Falcons were the first team to respond. If that secretary at the Jets had been a little quicker on the draw I would be a lifelong Jets fan.

All these years I have been a Falcon fan I have seen very few time periods where the media seemed to lavish praise, attention or love on my team. When I was younger it really bothered me...

I obviously understand the history of this franchise. Overall it's pretty miserable. There have been times though, granted only a few, when the Falcons were as good as the best teams in the league....attention didn't come then either.

The bottom line is that the disrespect towards the Falcons has had an unexpected great side effect for me:

It has made me realize that I'm not a fair weather fan.....My loyalty and dedication is unswerving......and this team is mine. I get to share and talk about my team with people who I assume have some of these same qualities: steadfastness, loyalty, dedication.

We don't need anyone else to validate our connection(s) to this team.

We have each other.

GO FALCONS!

I tend to avoid the forums as much as I can since a lot of what is posted becomes an arguement or troll session.

I have been a fan for a very long time as well. Since 1982. I can say that the last few years have been one heck of a fun ride in terms of being a fan.. I hope as always that the Falcons pull through this year and reach the big game..

Just the fact that the team has been in the playoffs 4 out of 5 seasons speaks volumes for the franchise and hopefully,eventually the fans will understand that this is not your same ole Falcons.

As far as the media goes..At this point it would take a superbowl win to get those tards on our teams coat tails..

sad but true..

Enjoy this current team as I believe it is the best we have ever seen.. Or at the very least, the best I have ever seen.

GO FALCONS!

Edited by Goal2Go

THANK YOU for posting this,GRITZ...we are of the same ilk and I'm honored to claim that.

That's the way I feel man....I count myself lucky to be able to share my devotion to the Falcons with everyone on here and my friends off the board who are fans.

The Falcons have always been my team. When I was 10 years old (about a week after fire was discovered) I wrote a letter to every team in the NFL asking them to send me stickers, decals, anything associated with their team.

The Falcons were the first team to respond. If that secretary at the Jets had been a little quicker on the draw I would be a lifelong Jets fan.

All these years I have been a Falcon fan I have seen very few time periods where the media seemed to lavish praise, attention or love on my team. When I was younger it really bothered me...

I obviously understand the history of this franchise. Overall it's pretty miserable. There have been times though, granted only a few, when the Falcons were as good as the best teams in the league....attention didn't come then either.

The bottom line is that the disrespect towards the Falcons has had an unexpected great side effect for me:

It has made me realize that I'm not a fair weather fan.....My loyalty and dedication is unswerving......and this team is mine. I get to share and talk about my team with people who I assume have some of these same qualities: steadfastness, loyalty, dedication.

We have each other.

GO FALCONS!

Love this. I started watching them when I was 9 in 1978 on my grandma's BW TV. Bartkowski was the MAN. William Andrews became my favorite player. Jenkins and Jackson. Big Ben Lives. Been through a lot of crappy football, but this has stayed and will stay my team regardless of what happens until they bury me. I completely get this sentiment and thanks for posting!

We have each other.

GO FALCONS!

I admit...I do watch TV and listen to radio; but the more crap they talk the more fun it will be to write them (I will) and tell them i want their paycheck. They don't know sh%% and they should just quit and send me the money. Their predictions and facts are based on nothing. The common fan hates us because they just repeat what they hear on TV. Like Mr Ed (that was a talking horse in the 50s/60s - before my time) Love the hate. Rise Up!!

if the motivation players get from what negatively is said about their team helps them play better (and there's at least some anecdotal evidence this is true), then this week is setting up perfectly for the Falcons. Seattle has to go on the road and play the #1 seed, but have ZERO media criticism from which to get pizzed off and motivated. otoh, the Falcons get to play at home and will continue to have every other pundit talk about their past playoff losses and how Seattle will win the game. it's VERY rare that the #1 seed gets to play at home as the virtual underdog. Home underdogs fare quite well in this league. Home 'dogs who have an top 7 scoring offenses and defenses are set up perfectly.

The common fan hates us because they just repeat what they hear on TV.......

I never considered that, but it actually makes a lot of sense....A lot people don't seem to want to think for themselves nowadays anyway.

I don't really worry about disrespect or any of that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just get annoyed when we get glossed over because of that disrespect. I want to see them talk about my team for more than 30 seconds at a time. That's all.

Now that part does pizz me off.....I don't need their fleeting love, but don't skimp on the coverage.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

my bad I did not mean to steal your thread. I should have looked. I really just thought no one had posted this.

oh well great minds think a like, right?

We have each other.

GO FALCONS!

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what the media says. Each week I can point to 10 examples of different "experts" predictions, and how horribly wrong they were. I travel a lot, so I listen to a lot of sports radio. Each week, these so-called experts make predictions that are mostly baseless, and have no merit.

If the Falcons want respect, they must go on the field Sunday and prove that they are for real. Once they do that, they have to repeat the process against GB or SF in the NFCCG. Keep in mind, it wasn't until Eli won his second SB that he started getting national respect. A lot of the doubters will be silenced if we take care of business on Sunday.

More than anything, I want to see Matt Ryan playing loose. In his previous 3 playoff games, he played tight, timid, and anxious. I'm hoping that Dirk has re-inserted that killer instinct he had during his BC days. MM's conservative, no turning the ball over mentality didn't do Matt any favors. Matt needs to treat this game like any other, and prove that he;s a top 5 QB.

God forbid we go to 0-4 in the playoffs. Imagine another year of the media talking about our playoff woes. This team owes it's fans a playoff win. I have a hard time believing that we lose 2 home playoff games in the dome, when we;ve only lost 5 games in 5 years with Ryan as QB in the dome.

One more thing, I'm sure most of you noticed Wilson lead blocking for lynch. When he does it Sunday, forget tackling Lynch, take Wilsons head off for being smug enough to block William Moore.

We have each other.

GO FALCONS!

Hey gritz can you a supes do a drawing of the Seattle bandwagon with their fans and the media while Falco rams them over with a Mack truck with the falcons fans on it .

P.S. I will die in red and black naw it isn't insane cause I'm a black man with blood going through my veins.

A flow I came up with.

Thanks.

Hey gritz can you a supes do a drawing of the Seattle bandwagon with their fans and the media while Falco rams them over with a Mack truck with the falcons fans on it .

P.S. I will die in red and black naw it isn't insane cause I'm a black man with blood going through my veins.

A flow I came up with.

Thanks.

We got something cooking already JD2...but I like the way you think man.