Seahawks Choose To Fly Home.

well if they had stayed, they would have needed to find facilities to use. and relocate the team to where ever. then they probably only had their game day equipment with them. would have taken a lot of time and effort to put together.

with college football season over for our local teams it would have taken 1 phone call. Georgia Tech has a new indoor fieldhouse and boom it woulda been done. OR they could stay an hour away and use UGAs.

Edited by Markieh18

Yea, a lot of people want to compare this #1 seed Atl thing to the situation in 2010. I just don't see it adding up like that this time. Pack didn't have travel issues as far as time change, they were more disciplined, this wasn't their FIRST trip at the rodeo, nor is it Atlanta's, and most importantly - they didn't hv a rook at QB. With the Falcons desperate to get that monkey off their back AT HOME, I think with that time change a lot of people are about to be shocked with the Falcons this coming Sunday. Oh that media luv/respect whatever thing some of us crave is on the way buddy...I think the PeeHawks are overconfident and will get a much needed dose of humility.

Meh, the travel isn't going to make a difference in this game. I fly 75,000 miles a year for my job, including 3 trips from Seattle to Atlanta every year (will be four this year as I'm coming to the game next Sunday:-)

If it was a 10 hour flight non stop from Seattle to Amsterdam, or a 15.5 hour flight from Seattle to Sydney, which Ive done several times, then sure the flight will mess with you. With a five hour flight from Seattle to Atlanta, it just isn't that big of a factor.

I live in Seattle and have done the ATL/SEA flight a few times and yeah it definitely messes with the internal clock. Going east was worst than going west.

Thats the truth. The short days mess with your body. When you leave west at 1pm and you land on the east at 7pm for a 3 hour flight, it jacks you up five ways from sunday...

Geez, it's just a five hour flight. You'd think they were flying in from Japan or something.

You say that, but it takes me about 3-4 days to get my body right after visiting Indiana from Phoenix for a few days. I flew back for an extended weekends a few months back, and it took about 3 days to get the sleep schedule back to normal...

You say that, but it takes me about 3-4 days to get my body right after visiting Indiana from Phoenix for a few days. I flew back for an extended weekends a few months back, and it took about 3 days to get the sleep schedule back to normal...

I suppose it affects people differently, but I feel fine after flying long distance. Except for confined seating space, 8+ hour flights don't bother me. I just carry on like I usually do without any [conscious] readjustment. I had a layover flight from Washington, DC to Cameroon (which is 14 total hours flying) and I felt fine afterwards (well, it was hot and humid).

Edited by JerseyNo12

You guys are making it seem like the Seahawks will lose the game because of the jet lag. They have travelled before, it isn't very new to them I mean they play in the NFL.

No, not new to them at all. In fact, the Seahawks have traveled to the eastern time zone for a 1:00 pm kickoff twelve times over the last five years.

They have won one game.