2. Kawann Short DT

2. William Gholston DE

3. Stepfan Taylor RB

4. Ryan Otten TE

4. David Quessenberry OT

4. Aaron Mellette WR

5. Cameron Lawrence LB

7. Dustin Harris CB

This is just a quick overview, I put in brief explanations in the next post explaining the pick ups.

Edited by Rai

FA - Geoff Schwartz OG

I think this guy can follow the career of Evan Mathis. A backup who has always looked pretty great when he did actually play. He enjoyed a successful season in 2010, starting at both RG and RT and playing at a high level. However, he didn't play in 2011 due to injury and was on IR for the entire season. The Vikings picked him up for 2012 where he was a backup but didn't disappoint when he did come on. He can be a steal.

FA - Aubrayo Franklin NT

The prototypical 3-4 NT. He'll come cheap and is merely a stop gap but he does his job very well. Anchored the Chargers D which was #2 against the run until injury ended his year in week 13. A massive guy who clogs the middle, he can prove to be a vital piece for us.

Two cheap, but effective signings.

Draft

Trade our 1st and 6th for an early 2nd and 4th.

2. Kawann Short DT

Great run stopper and very strong. Uses his hands really well too and does a good job splitting double teams.

2. William Gholston DE

He has the measurables and athletic talent with the motor to succeed. The name will you put off but he is a very good player. He's powerful, uses his hands well and is disruptive against both the pass and run.

3. Stepfan Taylor RB

Arguably the most complete back in this draft. He can run, catch and block as well as most. His game speed looks good and he can grind out the tough yards. His main strength is his intelligence and vision. Reminds me a lot of Fred Jackson. Neither are overly fast but very complete, intelligent and productive.

4. Ryan Otten TE

I think Otten represents great value here. He has good size and speed and also good numbers. Good run blocker in space, runs his routes smoothly and possess dangerous YAC ability as seen by his high averages.

4. David Quessenberry OT

One of the better tackles this year, I'm not sure why he isn't as highly regarded (like Otten, could be because they play at SJSU). He's a very formidable pass blocker, having stoned the likes of Ansah and Chase Thomas. He's got the smarts and technique to form a potential bookend tackle tandem with Holmes.

4. Aaron Mellette WR

Mellette is one of the most favourite players in the draft. He is phenomenal and I'm not sure why he isn't projected to be higher. He's a great route runner, has the ability to make improbable catches and is also a dangerous YAC threat. Between him, Otten and the increased usage of Douglas, we will be much more explosive and deadly than every before.

5. Cameron Lawrence LB

I think we need quality depth at LB. Lawrence is just that. He plays the game hard and has great instincts. He's a brutal hitter that can cause fumbles and rarely allows many yards after contact by the running back which is a great ability to have. He's also a threat rushing the passer because he picks his holes well and has good closing speed.

7. Dustin Harris CB/RS

I wanted someone who could return the ball well and Harris is one of the best there is. He led the NCAA last year in punt return average.

Edited by Rai