Espn Ticker Just Said...

Guest Negatorris

Good news for our OL. I wasn't worried about their edge rushers anyway. For the most part Baker and Clabo have been good this year.

They won't roll over as a result but this is a big injury for them. On par with what it'd be like if we lost Abe.

agreed. definitely helps Falcons that Clemons won't be playing - but Seattle defense is loaded. If the QB or the RB was hurt that is bigger impact loss than Clemons.

Falcons could still win w/o Abe but it makes it harder. Same for Seahags and Clemons.....slamee nails it.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

not as huge as some are thinking. yes he got 10 sacks....but so does his back-up.

but it will still play a factor because Irvin was on the field at some of the time as an LB. now it will force them to not be able to be as mobile on their D for LB's, and force them to just try to play pressure on the QB. used to they could play around; add more pressure and send Irvin in, or let Irvin hang out and be a free lancer.....well now that won't happen.

GOD speed in a couple weeks clemons

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Right! It's a part of football.

thank you for saying this....I hate it when people say "I want to play a team with everyone healthy"....well dag nam I would love for our entire team to be healthy. woul;d love to see Svitek here, would really love to see Ewing in....something tells me he would have really helped turner out.

it most certainly hurts them - losing the team leader in sacks can't just be "replaced" by a backup because the reason that backup was doing so well is being part of a rotation. One less body, one of their best DL, means everyone else gets stretched a bit thinner. Even if it only negatively affects them on 4-5 plays (which is being generous), that's 4-5 passing opportunities for Ryan to hook up with Roddy or Julio or Gonzo - and any touch by Julio is a potential TD.

this is good news for ATL.

I am not going to cheer for an injury but as others have said this is part of the game. It is not like we are 100 percent. We do have the advantage of healing right now and since we took care of our business in the regular season we got to avoid the WC round and the risk of sustaining further injuries.

Falcons haven't had too much problems with edge rushers all year.

It's been interior DTs that have over-powered our OL.

Seattle's interior DL does not scare me. Unfortunately, for them this means a harder task stopping a team that is completely different than Washington was yesterday.

Falcons @ Home this Sunday will be a 'much' tougher out for the Seahawks.

Falcons D will rise up and the offense will do the same. Defend Da Dome.angry.png