Falcons Asst. Gm - David Caldwell - Has Third Interview With Jaguars

g-dawg

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/07/david-caldwell-has-third-interview-with-jaguars/

looks like the Falcons will be losing David Caldwell. At least it comes at a time where Caldwell cannot hire other Falcons coaches/scouting staff.

The longer the Falcons can stay in the playoffs now, the less likely their coaching will get poached because there are no more windows until SuperBowl - I think. Not sure, if there is a two week window between NFC Championship game and SuperBowl (and I think there is) then our coaches could get interviewed in that second window.

Hopefully Caldwell likes Mike Mularkey and keeps him - i doubt it though - i don't think Mike Mularkey was that well liked by most of staff at Flowery Branch. We shall see.

I could care less if he leaves. Just keep your d@mn hands off Nolan!!!!!!!!!!

of course.....this is my only real concern. It looked like Nolan was not going to get an NFL head job this season - but now, good chance he will be looked at in Jax.

so, overall - not great news here. If Jax interested, will Nolan be interested? hopefully not.

Guest facelessman07

of course.....this is my only real concern. It looked like Nolan was not going to get an NFL head job this season - but now, good chance he will be looked at in Jax.

so, overall - not great news here. If Jax interested, will Nolan be interested? hopefully not.

It's gonna take a few years to rebuild that mess in Jacksonville, and why not throw in another 2 years to get that Mularkey stench out of there, and Nolan knows that. If he's smart he'll stay. He's got a great situation in ATL. If I was Arthur, which is ironic bc my real name is Arthur, I'd promote him to Asst. Head Coach and pay him head coach money. Dude has earned it

Edited by facelessman07

Glad to see another Falcons personnel guy getting looks as a GM. I would doubt he keeps Mularkey for next year. There are a lot of good head coaching candidates out there (Lovie, Horton, Trestman, Jay Gruden) to keep around Mularkey. The Jags didn't show much progress at all this year.