Shanny Is A Chump.

Big Bubba

Idc if the rookie qb made such a convincing argument that a seasoned coach like Shanny was fooled.

Safety of your players is worth more than any game. Especially the safety of your franchise qb.

Hope RG3 has no serious damage.

Most knowledgeable skins fans would say the same thing!

Idc if the rookie qb made such a convincing argument that a seasoned coach like Shanny was fooled.

Safety of your players is worth more than any game. Especially the safety of your franchise qb.

Hope RG3 has no serious damage.

As I said in another thread...why was it ok for Cutler to get lambasted when he was on the sideline on a stationary bike and everyone was questioning his toughness?

Double standards...

I think it was more the play calling than anything else. I understand that the Redskins were doing that whole read option thing, but they should of fed Morris the ball more, especially with a lead. Also, RGIII's "injuries" came with non contact plays, so, maybe the grounds keeper should be held accountable for the sorry excuse of a field...

As I said in another thread...why was it ok for Cutler to get lambasted when he was on the sideline on a stationary bike and everyone was questioning his toughness?

Double standards...

Agreed...Rg3 wasn't playing with a concussion, he knew the risk and took it.

Now he has to deal with the consequences.

I never said anything about the Cutler thing. It was wise to bench Cutler.

No doubt in my mind that Cutler wanted to go back in the game, his HC was smarter though.

It would have been wise to bench RG3. His knee wasn't just affecting the way he ran, it was affecting the way he threw the ball. He wasn't able to really plant his foot to throw the ball with success. It was obvious to everyone watching. Keeping RG3 in there not only risked further injury to RG3, but it hindered the Redskins offense that seemed h3llbent on using the run option , even with a gimped rg3.

Kirk isn't a bad back-up. Without him, the Redskins probably wouldn't have been in the playoffs.. didn't he step up and perform greatly, when asked to, during the regular season?

Its a hard choice to make and those guys are warriors. To us outside fans we can see how dumb a call it was. But if it was our team and our playoff chances, im not convinced we would all feel the same way. Got 1 min to shine and you want your #1 in and he wants to be in. The fans want him in, the owner probably wants him in.

Its a no win situation unless you win and then your faced with it again.

Its a hard choice to make and those guys are warriors. To us outside fans we can see how dumb a call it was. But if it was our team and our playoff chances, im not convinced we would all feel the same way. Got 1 min to shine and you want your #1 in and he wants to be in. The fans want him in, the owner probably wants him in.

Its a no win situation unless you win and then your faced with it again.

Letting the rookie qb call the shots on whether or not to bench himself, is beyond stupid to me.

After seeing that he had trouble moving around , he was struggling with his throws, .... do you believe the owner really wanted to see the future of his franchise out there, like that? Most of the Skins fans I know were screaming for Shanny to bench RG3 for his own good. The young man is the face of that team and is hoped to be the future of the Redskins for the next 10+ years. Shanny seemed to not care about the health of his star Qb. He seemed desperate. That's my take on it anyway.

He seemed desperate. That's my take on it anyway.

SHANNY WAS DESPERATE, BUT I THINK HE DID CARE ABOUT RG3'S HEALTH.

DESPERATION IS WHAT MADE HIM LISTEN TO RG3 IN THE FIRST PLACE.

WHEN RG3 KEPT SAYING, "I'M OK, I'M GOOD TO GO!" IT WAS DESPERATION

TO WIN THAT MADE SHANNY SAY TO HIMSELF, "WELL, I ASKED HIM, AND HE

KNOWS HOW HE FEELS." DESPERATION CAN TALK YOU INTO STUFF.

Double standards...

No double standard at all.

It was clear RG's knee was seriously whacked and went were knees shouldn't go 4 weeks ago. It was clear the team doctor disputed RG's health and openly stated that Saturday before the game. After he came up limping on the second drive of the game, Shanahan should have removed him. Then we all got to see his crumple on live TV. Even Pete Carroll said it was tough watching RG try to play yesterday.

Why must every situation be tied to another situation?

SHANNY WAS DESPERATE, BUT I THINK HE DID CARE ABOUT RG3'S HEALTH.

DESPERATION IS WHAT MADE HIM LISTEN TO RG3 IN THE FIRST PLACE.

WHEN RG3 KEPT SAYING, "I'M OK, I'M GOOD TO GO!" IT WAS DESPERATION

TO WIN THAT MADE SHANNY SAY TO HIMSELF, "WELL, I ASKED HIM, AND HE

KNOWS HOW HE FEELS." DESPERATION CAN TALK YOU INTO STUFF.

For Shanny, it seemed that Winning>>>RG3's health. It's up to the team to protect these players from themselves. If not, then every player that gets injured would demand to be placed back in the game, despite how it may impact the rest of their career, or hinder their team.

By some degree,Snyder can be blamed for RG3's injury.

Herm Edwards had a good point on ESPN radio this morning : It's late December / early January in the northeast and you had 2 weeks to resod the field and you didn't!!

I believe Snyder has proved many times, he's not the brightest bulb on the tree when it comes to making decisions effecting his football team.

For Shanny, it seemed that Winning>>>RG3's health. It's up to the team to protect these players from themselves. If not, then every player that gets injured would demand to be placed back in the game, despite how it may impact the rest of their career, or hinder their team.

TRUE! BUT LIKE I SAID, DESPERATION WILL MAKE YOU DO DUMB STUFF.

IF HE HAD IT TO DO OVER AGAIN ...... HE'D DO IT DIFFERENTLY. I'M

NOT A SHANNY FAN, BUT I THINK HE'S A DECENT IDIVIDUAL.

There is no way that RGIII should have been in that game. Watching his knee give out on the Skins final offensive play was like watching all of the cables on a suspension bridge give out and snap sending the bridge plummeting into icy waters.

He was completely ineffective for the remaning 3 quarters of the game. Hindsight is 20/20 but the risk/reward ratio was ridiculously one-sided.