Seattle D.. Legit Or Over-Hyped?

Seattle's Defense has given up the least pts per game of any team in the league (15.3, Falcons 5th at 18.7). I wanted to take a look in to the numbers..

Offenses Seattle Faced --

Bad

Arizona -- 31st in Points

Arizona -- 31st in Points

St. Louis Rams -- 25th in Points

St. Louis Rams -- 25th in Points

Bills -- 21st in Points

Bears -- 16th in Points

Miami Dolphins -- 27th in Points

Jets -- 28th in Points

Detroit Lions -- 17th in Points

Panthers -- 18th in Points

Cowboys -- 15th in Points

Vikings -- 14th in Points

Mediocre

Niners -- 11th in Points AWAY (Loss, 6-13, A.Smith, 140 Yards, 1 TD/1 INT)

Niners -- 11th in Points @ HOME (Win, 42-13, C.Kaepernick, 244 Yards, 1 TD/1 INT)

Good

Patriots -- 1st in Points @ HOME (Win, 24-23, T. Brady 395 Yards, 2 TDs/2 INTs)

Packers -- 5th in Points @ HOME (Win 14-12, A.Rodgers 223 Yards, 0 TD/0 INT)

They held Rodgers in check, however they did catch Rodgers starting the season pretty slow. Brady shredded the defense with the up tempo no-huddle passing attack. Wes Welker went for a boatload of yards.

Seattle did not face a good offense on the road and they are clearly a less feared team on the road. My impression of Seattle's defense is that it has played well against a lot of soft offensive teams. I think they are a top 10 defense, however not close to #1.

The key to winning is to control the ball offensively with the no huddle passing attack

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can only play who they were scheduled to play just like us. They are #1 in the NFL with 15.3 points allowed per game. So they're not over hyped.

Having said that I believe we beat them handily.

Agreed. Just like we weren't overhyped when we beat the teams on our schedule and people called us out for hardly facing any teams with winning records. It's always somewhere in between.

They haven't faced an offense like ours, the Pats has the scheme, but not the personal.

Sherman needs to say hello to a guy just as big, fast, physical and young as he is. His name is Julio.

He tried last year. Unfortunately for Sherman, Julio kept running past him on just about every play. I suspect since he will be steering clear of the Adderall for this game, Julio will repeatedly run sat and abuse him all game long.

Their secondary is the best in the league. Sherman is a physical, play-making, trash-talking corner who will give Roddy alot of trouble. Browner is 6'4" and is also a very good corner. Thomas is one of the better safeties in the league and Chancellor reminds me alot of Willy Mo. Their LB's aren't that great however and without Clemons their D-Line is nothing to he afraid of. Gonzo should have a field day on these guys and Quizz should have a good game as well. I expect Julio to have a solid game considering he burnt Browner repeatedly last year. Sherman will probably pick Ryan off once, Roddy probably won't be too big in this game. Overall, I think we can win this game if we play smart.

Is it me or are the refs really letting the DBs play this post season. Seattles corners were manhandling guys 30 yards downfield with no flag. I saw some questionable stuff with Baltimore too. I say this because our recievers usually get held without a flag and I will be looking out for this

I enjoy it. Let the men play.

He tried last year. Unfortunately for Sherman, Julio kept running past him on just about every play. I suspect since he will be steering clear of the Adderall for this game, Julio will repeatedly run sat and abuse him all game long.

Sherman played very sparingly in last year's game in when we lined up in the nickle - Julio (and Roddy White) kept running past Marcus Trufant and Brandon Browner. Trufant played the Nickle corner today, but many of us are hoping that he's done as he doesn't really have the speed or quickness anymore to cover speedy slot guys.

And Julio might get his receptions and even some TD's, there is no doubt he's playing at another level - but Sherman has been a defacto shutdown corner this year - so I'd be shocked if Julio has the game you describe.

Nope they are overrated. Everyone in the nfl that aren't named the falcons are overrated. Everyone has an easier schedule than we do. We have the best offense ever and best defense ever. If we bring our A game , this is the best nfl team in history. If you criticize us and our schedule, we will be majorly offended, because it is much harder than yours. If we lose a game it's because we don't care to win. If opposing fans feel their teams can beat us, we will scream disrespect and point out how ******** they are. We constantly check other forums to make sure everyone is gushing and in love with the Falcons, and when we find out no one takes us seriously, we will be seriously butt hurt. Everyone should at all times admit we are better than they are, we have won tons of playoff games and superbowls to back up our swag.

We are the Saints fan base

Oh oops I meant Falcons

You can't play receiver for ATL and not be able to block.

Secondly, RW/JJ/TG have very good size and RW is as physical a receiver as anyone can imagine...only Boldin is equal IMHO.

You guys have no idea what your in for.

I'm not even saying the Seahawks will win. But they are going to abuse your team physicaly regardless of the score. You will not play a rougher game.

Aside from a rough first quarter the Seahawks dominated the Redskins.