Former Falcon Chandler Williams Passes Away

Vikings | Former WR passes away

Sun, 06 Jan 2013 18:46:26 -0800

Former Minnesota Vikings draft pick WR Chandler Williams passed away Saturday, Jan. 5, while playing flag football in a tournament in Florida. He was selected in the seventh round of the 2007 NFL Draft by the Minnesota Vikings, and he spent time with the Atlanta Falcons, Kansas City Chiefs and Miami Dolphins, as well as two teams in the Canadian Football League.

I don't really remember him here in Atlanta, but sucks that he goes out in a flag football game

Wow, I remember him. Not on the field or anything other than preseason but I remember him. That's rough. Young man.

Googled him just to make sure it's who I thought and yeah. I was rooting for him to make the team at one point, as were a lot of people I think. He was one of the training camp favorites, if memory serves. I even followed him on Twitter. Guy was only a few months younger than me.

I'm curious as to how this could have happened did he get flipped and come down on his neck because outside of major organ failure (like an enlarged heart or something) I can't see how you die in a flag football game. That's a rough way to go for a guy with professional football experience.Condolences to his family.